• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Cararra has a dynamic hair system too. But Cararra appears to be one of the things to be let slide while DAZ was obsessively focused on Studio and Genesis.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, I have to admit those beards are pretty fantastic--though sadly they still look like twigs in Superfly. :( Poser's dynamic cloth is the #3 reason I could never switch from Poser to DAZ Studio (the #1 reason is that DS's UI makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever--but that's personally preference--and #2 is I absolutely love Poser's material room--it seems, in my extraordinarily limited experience, much more flexible and versatile than DS's). I have to admit that the iRay renders I've seen seem to have a bit of an edge over Superfly, though; Superfly seems to barely register bump maps and displacement maps, which are pretty integral for realism. :(

DS now has a dynamic cloth script that allows users to make things dynamic using the more limited dynamic cloth plugin that we were PROMISED a similar solution for but it never came. SO now a good person created a script that does what we have been wanting.

iRay has a very robust set of surface options and we do have a nodes room as well (an area I'm too scared to deal with) lol

nDelphi

Admirable
On my computers LAMH is unstable. But a lot of other people have got it to work beautifully. When it works it comes out fairly gorgeous.

I have had plenty of issues with LAMH player. I recently took advantage of the March sale and purchased the full version. I did that because of all the talk about hair/fur for the new critters around here. I want to be ready and hope I have better luck with Iray.

Zaarin

Brilliant
DS now has a dynamic cloth script that allows users to make things dynamic using the more limited dynamic cloth plugin that we were PROMISED a similar solution for but it never came. SO now a good person created a script that does what we have been wanting.

iRay has a very robust set of surface options and we do have a nodes room as well (an area I'm too scared to deal with) lol
Of the three main PBRs you usually see, iRay definitely seems to produce the most consistent results over Superfly and Reality/Luxrender (no disrespect meant to either; I've seen great results from both and used both--but iRay seems to have an edge over them in terms of overall quality). I really am enjoying the learning experience of working with Superfly, though--having it natively within Poser is so much more convenient than Reality/Luxrender.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Some screen grabs of some of the 55 morphs that I'm creating for this Cat.

leopard140.JPG

Curled Tongue

leopard141.JPG

Cheek Full

leopard142.JPG

Chin Forward

leopard143.JPG

Chin Size

leopard144.JPG

Ear Hair Variation

leopard145.JPG

Ear Height

leopard146.JPG

Ear Pointed

leopard147.JPG

Ear Rounded

leopard148.JPG

Ear Size

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh my good gosh! Fantastic work Chris! Wow!

I have a request … that you might not have thought of - cats often express themselves by pricking their cheek whiskers forward… the whiskers stay in the normal straight (not drooped ) lines but they come forward … Think of how a horse who's very interested will "prick its ears forward" with intense concentration or focus ... Well cats can actually have their cheek whiskers come forward a bit when they are very focused in a positive way. AI'm not sure if there are any photos of this on the Internet and I can't do a search with my hand problem right now... It's just something I've read about and seen in my own cat . when heonce the food I have just opened out of the can and he's happy his whiskers come forward a bit I'm trying to think of what angle that would be …

Wait I did find something- on this page : Your Cat’s Whiskers
specifically :
Your cat’s whiskers can also reflect her mood. When the whiskers are hanging loosely on either side, she’s probably relaxed. When getting ready for battle or is frightened, the whiskers are flattened against the face to prevent damage to them. When on the alert or hunting, the whiskers are forward-facing to aid in prey detection.

so a whisker forward and a whisker back would be a wonderful addition :)

:happyflip:dances around with excitement over this kitty cat !!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh my good gosh! Fantastic work Chris! Wow!

I have a request … that you might not have thought of - cats often express themselves by pricking their cheek whiskers forward… the whiskers stay in the normal straight (not drooped ) lines but they come forward … Think of how a horse who's very interested will "prick its ears forward" with intense concentration or focus ... Well cats can actually have their cheek whiskers come forward a bit when they are very focused in a positive way. AI'm not sure if there are any photos of this on the Internet and I can't do a search with my hand problem right now... It's just something I've read about and seen in my own cat . when heonce the food I have just opened out of the can and he's happy his whiskers come forward a bit I'm trying to think of what angle that would be …

Wait I did find something- on this page : Your Cat’s Whiskers
specifically :
Your cat’s whiskers can also reflect her mood. When the whiskers are hanging loosely on either side, she’s probably relaxed. When getting ready for battle or is frightened, the whiskers are flattened against the face to prevent damage to them. When on the alert or hunting, the whiskers are forward-facing to aid in prey detection.

so a whisker forward and a whisker back would be a wonderful addition :)

:happyflip:dances around with excitement over this kitty cat !!!

Thanks. I've added those to my short list of morphs left now. I still need to add in what Laurie comes up with.