• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
On my computers LAMH is unstable. But a lot of other people have got it to work beautifully. When it works it comes out fairly gorgeous.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well LAMH 2.0 is in the works and it works natively with iRay without all the work arounds so really looking forward to that. You might just see some hair stuff from RAMWorks once it hits!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh those Eyes Laurie!

And those renders are WITHOUT spec/bump etc??? WOW!!!! :wub:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks so much all! This is definitely the biggest/hardest challenge I've ever taken on (just HAD to be a Leopard or Jaguar first:) Lions and tigers and etc will be a piece of cake next to this:)

I've always been into making the "color" map the most critical factor/it MUST be able to stand on it's own before I even start all the "perks". Without it one can make all the bump and spec and etc maps one wants, but without a good diffuse (color) map it all falls apart. My old Mil Horse maps were ONLY color maps- no bump and so forth.

Would be great to see LAMH for Poser too! Will add my voice over there. Def would be a kick to see ANY hair add-ons for this guy!

Laurie

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Gobsmack me! I SO totally could not do this if Chris didn't have some seriously mad UV mapping skills as well as modeling skills! (I could tell you a heck of a story about the UV mapping of a particular non HW product....let's just say bang head against wall...again and again)

Zaarin

Brilliant
PS. I did just ask Alex and Ken if there was a LAMH for Poser. They have the code but they just haven't released it as of yet because they are afraid they won't break even on it once it's released. So if you really really want it done you have to go over to the DAZ forums and beg and plead. I asked and that's what I got mentioned to me.... :cry:
I know I bugged them about it for a couple years. These days the DAZ forums kind of scare me...I'm almost positive that if "Poser" isn't in the swear filter, saying it is a bannable offense. :unsure:

Geeze. I guess you have to take that into consideration, and it's possible because it would buck up again the Poser built-in Hair Room. Though I haven't played with mesh hair, so not sure which system would be easier to use.
In my experience Poser's strand hair doesn't seem to look good, either in shape or in terms of shaders (and Superfly's hair shader makes it look like it's made of twigs :confused:). But maybe I'm just terrible at it...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
PS. I did just ask Alex and Ken if there was a LAMH for Poser. They have the code but they just haven't released it as of yet because they are afraid they won't break even on it once it's released. So if you really really want it done you have to go over to the DAZ forums and beg and plead. I asked and that's what I got mentioned to me.... :cry:
Seems a little silly not to release it, if they don't think they would break even at least they would get some many back on their hard work. (They should just sell it through their website so all proceeds go straight to them if they are worried about it)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The DAZ forums went through a long spell where they almost seem to have adopted the stance that Poser didn't even exist. And if it did exist they certainly weren't going to encourage it. Or not more than the bare minimum to make it possible to still use their own figures in it. And iirc, DSON wasn't released for some months after Studio 4.0 and Genesis 1 launched.

Genesis was a major game changer and it was theirs, so they were committed to it. Plus, outside vendors to a large extent wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole, so they focused, and let everything else kind of slide.

Over the last year, year and a half, outside vendors have gingerly been taking up Genesis 2, and when Genesis 3 launched (with no Poser support whatsoever) and seems to have hit fairly big, DAZ seems to have decided that they can relax a bit and admit the continued existence of Poser. I suspect the RDNA merger was partly in hopes of luring the Poser crowd back.

Back onto the subject at hand, Mortem Vetus has a Poser hair product in the DAZ store now and it looks excellent. It was over on RDNA previously, so you've probably seen it. I never much envied Poser's hair room, the way I did their dynamic cloth but I think I could work up a bit of jealousy what with Tiny's fluffy cat (and Gorilla) and things like that package of beards.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@CWRW , Awesome job on the ear hair tufts and the eyes are way cool !! Fantastic work all around from everyone on KITTY!!

@Tiny !!! work your added awesomeness! Drool......... Mil cat can't touch this!

=) I'm pacing in my cage waiting for this guy!! LOL!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Chris, is this kitty rigged and done? What I mean is: when can I get my hands on this??? ;):)
Hey Tiny

Not rigged yet and I have a LONG way to go yet on getting the textures done. Def into you getting your hands on this when we're ready though!!!! You will make him SO gorgeous!!!

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Hey Tiny

Not rigged yet and I have a LONG way to go yet on getting the textures done. Def into you getting your hands on this when we're ready though!!!! You will make him SO gorgeous!!!
Ok, no rush. :)

Zaarin

Brilliant
Back onto the subject at hand, Mortem Vetus has a Poser hair product in the DAZ store now and it looks excellent. It was over on RDNA previously, so you've probably seen it. I never much envied Poser's hair room, the way I did their dynamic cloth but I think I could work up a bit of jealousy what with Tiny's fluffy cat (and Gorilla) and things like that package of beards.
Yes, I have to admit those beards are pretty fantastic--though sadly they still look like twigs in Superfly. :( Poser's dynamic cloth is the #3 reason I could never switch from Poser to DAZ Studio (the #1 reason is that DS's UI makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever--but that's personally preference--and #2 is I absolutely love Poser's material room--it seems, in my extraordinarily limited experience, much more flexible and versatile than DS's). I have to admit that the iRay renders I've seen seem to have a bit of an edge over Superfly, though; Superfly seems to barely register bump maps and displacement maps, which are pretty integral for realism. :(