• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All up to Chris. If he'll model/morph them, I will texture them. I do think he was planning on a lynx/bobcat type at some point. Def lion, tiger, mountain lion etc as far as I know.

I will second/third this! Lynx, but especially a proper snow leopard would ROCK this big kitty! :D

Along with this big cat Leopard I aim to create a cub as well, and will be hoping that Laurie will agree to map that lil' fart too. From the cub, I'll create a house cat base and hope to do a bunch of breeds from that. Then I'd like to create a base dog from this current mesh also, and probably start with a Labrador breed as the base dog to create others from.

ALL of this sounds just wonderful, Chris! But oh, my, you are working up quite the long to-do list for yourselves there, too! Heck, by the time some of these come to pass, maybe I'll have even figured out how to create from scratch some LAMH body furs for the kitty and Harry... :laugh:

Szark

Awesome
I'm thinking that after the base Leopard/Panther base product that we can go in several directions. Eventually we'll hit several major breeds. Personally I'd like to see us (Laurie, Paul and I) create a mountain lion next. Would go well with the Horse, and mule deer planned from the horse. Any cat breed will look great slinking along next to Dawn also. We have the base photo resources for the mountain lion and a bobcat too. So, I'd love to see us create those possibly next, as we did the breeds from the Horse as Laurie mentioned.

I also think though, that we'll have the elephant out in the not too distant future, and a zebra from the Horse, so... a lion and lioness should probably follow soon after to help round out those similar animals in theme. With Harry I created a bunch of horse breeds as the Horse was being created. But with the Kitty I'd like to morph out one at a time as we're deciding which is next in line. It was painful for me to sit on so many breeds waiting for them to come together. There's a huge amount of effort to get each animal to market. I'm hopeful though that with the big cat it won't take as long for each breed we decide on. We don't have the complications of the mane, tail, fetlocks, beard and unicorn horn to bog down the efforts.

Excited for this big cat though. We've got a lot of work into this base now, and Laurie's leopard map work is looking AMAZING!!! You're going to flip when you see what she's coming up with. HIVEWIRE WILL HAVE THE BEST BIG CAT AVAILABLE!!!

Along with this big cat Leopard I aim to create a cub as well, and will be hoping that Laurie will agree to map that lil' fart too. From the cub, I'll create a house cat base and hope to do a bunch of breeds from that. Then I'd like to create a base dog from this current mesh also, and probably start with a Labrador breed as the base dog to create others from.

Hopes and dreams. But we have the ability to make these a reality, and we will!!!

Can you stop this teasing now please Chris...I can't take it anymore. I have about a dozen images I never rendered out due to wanting more from my big cats. Maybe soon I can start to finish them off.

Zaarin

Brilliant
The dog would be a good base to finally make a decent wolf; AM's at DAZ looks seriously malnourished. ;) It's so nice to finally see some modern, good-looking animals being made. Before you guys made Harry, we basically had the ancient DAZ "Millennium" animals aside from a small assortment of other creatures made by third party vendors and, of course, Ken's birds. (I guess the DAZ Horse 2 was around the same time, but based on the fact that it got released and forgotten I'm going to take a wild guess it didn't do too well.)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I used AM's Lion (the old one, with the displacement fur) for one of the Tarot card illos. But on the whole, the modeling was not stellar. It was released some years ago, and his figures have improved (and look wonderful in their fur), but it wasn't a solution to the MilBigCat's wretched paws. His were every bit as bad.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I used AM's Lion (the old one, with the displacement fur) for one of the Tarot card illos. But on the whole, the modeling was not stellar. It was released some years ago, and his figures have improved (and look wonderful in their fur), but it wasn't a solution to the MilBigCat's wretched paws. His were every bit as bad.
His models do look great with the LAMH fur. Too bad they never got around to making a Poser version like they talked about in the early days... :(

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
They've got a Poser wolf. But so far as I know, that's the only one they've done a recent Poser version for.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So still really early days on this. This is only the (incomplete/WIP) color map- I haven't done any spec, bump or displacement etc yet.

Laurie

Leopard413a.jpg

Leopard413b.jpg Leopard413c.jpg Leopard413d.jpg Leopard413e.jpg Leopard413f.jpg Leopard413g.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh my gosh, my gosh, wow!!!!!!! Laurie!!!!!!!!!! Oh My Gosh More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

HiveWire is going to be putting out the caliber of the animals like in the new Disney movie: the jungle book , I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happyflip:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Paul and I are sitting here shouting "HURRAY!!!!" (among other things) and are looking at these images over and over and over again.

And then, over and over and over yet again.

So impressive Laurie! Again... thank you for not sucking!!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
GIMME! GIMME! GIMME! I want it, and I want it NOW!!!!!

Damn woman, you are the texture artist of the century!!! :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
that's just ........... incredible Laurie. HONEY CHILD you did it. Far far better than anything I've seen out of the House of DAZ in the way of big cats. The form is perfect, the maps gorgeous. The eyes... the eyes are lovely!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
PS. I did just ask Alex and Ken if there was a LAMH for Poser. They have the code but they just haven't released it as of yet because they are afraid they won't break even on it once it's released. So if you really really want it done you have to go over to the DAZ forums and beg and plead. I asked and that's what I got mentioned to me.... :cry:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze. I guess you have to take that into consideration, and it's possible because it would buck up again the Poser built-in Hair Room. Though I haven't played with mesh hair, so not sure which system would be easier to use.