• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Yeah, that's my (OLD!) goat morph/map of the DAZ Sheep. I used the DAZ lamb as-is with the goat textures as a kid for the promos. Maybe that caused some confusion?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sparky, yeah, well I'm sure your new goat from our HiveWire Horse will be even better.

Okay, so here is the Mane (head portion) UVs now done. Moving on to the Mane (neck portion), and then the Mane (shoulder portion).

Leopard349.JPG

Leopard350.JPG

Highlighting an area to show how I have this separated out in regions, or sections for mapping. Basically from front to back. This will be helpful for Laurie too, because the lion's mane is often blonde around the face and gradually gets darker towards the body.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Yeah, that's my (OLD!) goat morph/map of the DAZ Sheep. I used the DAZ lamb as-is with the goat textures as a kid for the promos. Maybe that caused some confusion?
Still a 'go to goat' when I need one, so glad to have had it all these years. I'm psyched to see your new goat from HW horse!!

Chris, that looks amazing. Such thought going into the details and I love how the mane will be that 'ombre' look so it fades darker. Gonna be killer! (no pun intended ;))

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
On another subject related to the cats.
Is there any way the cats ears with all their great details can be made available as an expansion pack for cat owners to use on other figures?
Want to use for instance on Sparks's creature morph packs for the Mil4 figures and they look so darn great even though I have not purchased the cats yet for lack of need, but I will jump on them if I need them to use the ears....if made available of course!
Would be great if availed with some morphs, and movements added to them. Some morphs for instance caracal cat, a long point eat morph and some fantasy morphs and movements like floppy and folded backward and forward and would love it if rabbit ear morphs can also be made for them with some of the movements to give them life.
Just a thought.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
UVed the Mane (neck portion) today. Onto the Mane (shoulder portion) tomorrow.

View attachment 30870 View attachment 30871
Just curious Chris, is there going to be any movement morphs for the mane....like wind and leaping up and down etc. and how about a beard and belly hair similar to what Sparky offered with his old goat set? I just love little details like that included in animals and creatures and was surprised seeing similar hair with the now long in the tooth Mil big cat 1 which I use a lot.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Mane, Tail, and Elbow Hair UVs are now complete and will be in Laurie's hands soon, for her masters touch.

View attachment 31038

I'M REALLY CONFUSED! BEEN DROOLING OVER LAURIE'S LIONS FOR SOME TIME NOW... HOW DID SHE DO THAT IF YOUR JUST NOW GIVING HER THE UV'S? (SORRY CAPS) ... not yelling, just don't want to re-type it all. Was I dreaming? I saw her gorgeous LAMH lion/lion mane... (why I TRIED to use DS for house cat)

@CWRW...??

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure Lyne, but LAMH is DS only, so unless there's some magic way to transfer them to the Poser Hair Room, Laurie's going to need the UV Maps for texturing the mane and tail in Poser.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Mane, Tail, and Elbow Hair UVs are now complete and will be in Laurie's hands soon, for her masters touch.

View attachment 31038
Cool.
I never could figure out how to get all that great texturing into those little us maps!?
I tried texturing a long time ago after I picked up UV Mapper free edition which I understand was just a real simple version dummied down version of a full mapping app for Mac. Nightmare is what I tell you. I envy those who can do it so darn well. Add trans maps to that and my limited brain matter explodes.
Was looking at the mane closer and wondered if it is going down the jaw line more like a beard might. God on the chest and neck but shouldn’t there be more on the chin and jaw so it meets with the neck and chest part of the mane you have developed here?

Last edited: