• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'M REALLY CONFUSED! BEEN DROOLING OVER LAURIE'S LIONS FOR SOME TIME NOW... HOW DID SHE DO THAT IF YOUR JUST NOW GIVING HER THE UV'S? (SORRY CAPS) ... not yelling, just don't want to re-type it all. Was I dreaming? I saw her gorgeous LAMH lion/lion mane... (why I TRIED to use DS for house cat)

@CWRW...??
I think Chris means the UV's for the hairy bits (main, tail tuff etc). (the body UV is the same as the other kitties.)
Its good to have options, this one (which I assume would be transmaped like Harry's main and tail) and CWRW is doing a LAMH version now we just need a talented person to do one in the Poser Hair room :D

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Also sorry forgot,to add belly hair Chris. Older more mature male have belly hair that starts at the groin and works its way towards the chest. Sometimes it stops at the belly and sometimes it joins with the neck, chest hair growth like a hairy human guy would.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I think Chris means the UV's for the hairy bits (main, tail tuff etc). (the body UV is the same as the other kitties.)
Its good to have options, this one (which I assume would be transmaped like Harry's main and tail) and CWRW is doing a LAMH version now we just need a talented person to do one in the Poser Hair room :D
Sorry never mind replied to wrong post........:((

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
UV's are for a mesh mane similar to hair products that he has made to go with the lion.

Laurie's images are of hair created in LAMH and the Poser Hair Room. Like the hair for the housecat.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, fiberhair is all very well, and looks great if you can make it work, but a conforming mane is a very useful thing to have as well.
Not everyone can handle the fiber hair products.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL ok let me clarify. The UVs Chris are showing are for the conforming mane, elbow tufts and tail that will be mapped by me and included with the HW Lion. (think of the Unicorn with his mane, unicorn lion tail and beard. Same idea.) That is what Chris is showing.

I am working on a Poser Hair Room version that will be a CWRW add-on product- here is a Poser Firefly WIP of that (it is still being worked on- hence WIP) :
LionPoserHair917.jpg

I am also working on a Daz Studio/LAMH preset as a CWRW add-on. So far I have only worked on the mane- I still need to do the belly fur, elbow tufts and tail (and the mane is not yet finished). Here is a WIP of that:

LionManeLAMHGo3_C.jpg

Does that help?:)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh, Though I claim to be a bit of a dunderhead I do know the difference. I was just saying it seems difficult
to create all those textures and trans maps for the little tufts of hair for the mane. Is all.
I have a few body hair items that are strand based props like beards, goatees, pubic hair etc and use them a lot for both human and creature/animal figures. So when I can get a character with that kind of hair add-ones out of the gate for every figure I need to use I am that much more willing to plunk down my money....value being the priority.
Something like This lion would be GREAT with all the body hairs I mentioned hoping to get with it.
I was surprised for instance there were so many such add-on for the MilBigCat 1. Have used them a lot once I found out they were in my Rumtime. And seeing a lot of renders with the character in them w/o these extras which in my opinion add so much to the final effect of the figures sense of realism, I can’help wondering if those artists intentionally did not use the or if they too did not know they had them. Once I realized I did they were used all the time.
Would love the same such realism adding add-ones for these figures.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Also too- the HW Lion product will include: the male lion and his conformed mane etc, a different texture for the lioness, as well as with her elbow tufts and tail, and finally the lion cub will also have his own coat texture. ( I haven't started on him yet:)

Also to add- both my Poser Hair Room and LAMH versions/add-ons will not be all over full body hair- for these reasons- 1 I don't know how to do that yet:) Second I feel this gives a very good look but is much less computer resource intensive to use. ( In fact the Poser Hair Room version I bet will render faster than the conforming transmapped version)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, I’d did understand what Chris’ posted UV’s are all about. I just commented on the notion of creating textures
and transmaps for susc small components. I also know not necessary for any fiber hair props. I probably won’t be using the DAZ hair stuff or the Poser hair room fiber base stuff reverting to the uv’d conforming add-one. I know many have remarked how bad the MilBig Cat 1. mane is for instance depending on angle of view. But I have not encountered said problems.
CWRW:
So it seems there is going to be belly hair accompanying the lion and it’s elbow, mane, throat, chest and tail tuft hair. Now is that onl ,for the fiber based or is it also going to be included in the conforming set Chris has shown here’s?
Is there any way to make the Poser hair room hair nappy and knarly like a real lion would have instead of the smoothly coifed, brushed out fashion look in these images?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
And yes- this mane will be a challenge to map well and hopefully in ways that will speed up render times too.- Chris has done a fabulous job on the UVs and we talked a lot about how we would approach it. Yes it is very hard work and sometimes a nightmare doing texturing especially for furred animals.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, I’d did understand what Chris’ posted UV’s are all about. I just commented on the notion of creating textures
and transmaps for susc small components. I also know not necessary for any fiber hair props. I probably won’t be using the DAZ hair stuff or the Poser hair room fiber base stuff reverting to the uv’d conforming add-one. I know many have remarked how bad the MilBig Cat 1. mane is for instance depending on angle of view. But I have not encountered said problems.
CWRW:
So it seems there is going to be belly hair accompanying the lion and it’s elbow, mane, throat, chest and tail tuft hair. Now is that only,for the fiber based or is it also going to be,included in the co,forming set Chris has shown here’s?

The belly fur will only be in the LAMH/Poser Hair room versions. I would think rigging a conforming modeled belly fur would be a nightmare.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I am working on a Poser Hair Room version that will be a CWRW add-on product.

Does that help?:)
Yes, that definitely clarifies it, as I wasn't sure if the LAMH preset could be imported into Poser directly, and work, so even though I've not ventured into the Hair Room, it'll definitely be interesting to see how it works when you get it finished.

You do realize you'll have Poser users demanding a tutorial on how to do it, don't you??? :D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Poser version will work like Tiny's Gorilla Poser Hair add-on - one loads the whole shooting match into the Poser scene- hence that is part of why it has to be a paid for add-on- it uses the Lion.

Doing hair for these parts of the body just happened to be reasonably easy as they are tubular shapes, which is why I am pursuing it- I am trying full body hair with no success/tearing my own hair out:) Doing the head and ears elude me so far. Ditto in LAMH.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
The belly fur will only be in the LAMH/Poser Hair room versions. I would think rigging a conforming modeled belly fur would be a nightmare.
Does it really have to be conforming?
What about smart propped sections on each part of the body “belly, chest loins, etc.. add some movement morphs etc and voila. Would certainly be an improvement over what the community has had to work with up to now and a cool stop gap option for those not using hair room hair. I’d sure use it. Hell I am already doing something similar with all the fiber based body hair I have accumulated not related on any of the figures human or animal or anything In between.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I was thinking the other day and realized ......no! Not that I should try and avoid thinking!!!!!.........that there was a cool toon horse created for Harry but I hav read no mention of a similar model asked for or,offered for any of the other cool animals on the boards for completion. Is that something no one is interested in!?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I was thinking the other day and realized ......no! Not that I should try and avoid thinking!!!!!.........that there was a cool toon horse created for Harry but I hav read no mention of a similar model asked for or,offered for any of the other cool animals on the boards for completion. Is that something no one is interested in!?

I'd love to make toon versions of all of the animals I've modeled. It will take some effort for sure. But seriously, the hardest part modeling wise is already done. And... we'll need some on to adjust the rigs for them. I do have a toon version of our Elephant that is in the hands of someone very competent in Poser rigging.

Toon7.JPG