RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 16, 2015.

1. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Jeesh!
    Have not had to do that on my macs since P4 and older versions of Photoshop.
    Both apps back then were memory pigs who ate it all up and refused to,release,it when the app was shut off demanding reboot! I hated that so much glad I have not had to deal with it with modern Macs and newer versions of both apps!

2. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

VB's suggestions are all good. Honestly I have had very little crashing- the only things that have made DS crash using LAMH is after I delete a LAMH hair group, save the scene file sans LAMH and then try to make or open a different file. The other thing I found the other day is LAMH crashed when I went to save the first LAMH preset I did on the base Big Cat and then applied the Lion morph I got from Paul. It didn't like that at all:) So I had to start over from scratch using the Lion morph at the beginning. I think a lot of the crashing has to do with how much CPU and RAM one has. It does want to hog/fill your memory cache up fast if you do a lot of undo's etc. I haven't dared trying to use LAMH on any of my laptops even though one is an i7, but it only has 8G ram.

Desertsilver likes this.
  3. CWRW

It's a very rare day I've had to do that. Most of my Mac towers stay up and running just fine without a reboot for weeks on end. Now I know a bit more about some of the LAMH quirks, I've not had to do that again.

4. Leana

Leana Admirable

* waves at Cliff * :)

5. LadyfyreGraphics

LadyfyreGraphics Inspired

That is hands down the best lion I've ever seen!:geek: I would never have guessed that was Poser hair either, at first glance I just presumed it was LAMH. I've not tried the Poser hair room in years, found it a very frustrating experience and LAMH crashes constantly on my computer when trying to create hair, strangely fine to load and render it though.

Have you seen the LAMH addon that lets you easily render in iRay now? I think at the moment that it is only for items that the author has specifically set up to work with it though but it might be worth talking to him about it. I have it and it works superbly for his wolf model.

Carrara hair is much easier for me personally to work with and understand but I realised that there is a much smaller user base and so may not be the call for it.

Chris likes this.
  6. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Hi, Cliff - welcome to the Hive!

7. CWRW

Thanks LadyFyre!

Yes I am working on a LAMH version as well- here are the latest WIPs on it (and these are iray renders- though not using the catalyzer). Still lots of tweaking to do on this and also my Poser version too. And yes I do plan to contact Alessandro about the Iray Catalyzer to see what I can do about that!:)

LionManeLAMHGo3_A.jpg LionManeLAMHGo3_B.jpg LionManeLAMHGo3_C.jpg

Carey, Eota, Rae134 and 5 others like this.
  8. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

:( Dang Laurie! You're trying to force me to figure out DAZ Studio!

These look so amazing! I really want! :)

Carey likes this.
  9. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well Cliff. ;)

10. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting ready to BRAVE downloading/installing DS and LAMH free, and the DS versions of the house cat... just hope I can figure out how to do NON-PIXELATED DS renders to save a LOT of png's out of DS to use in my art... ! Hope my brain works with these programs!!

11. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Welcome Cliff! Lovely to see you here. I still remember using your rigging tutorial from years ago to try and learn how to rig. There has been some animations done for Hivewire Animals...I'm not sure if it was for the big cat or the house cat. I think it was for the house cat.

That lion is amazing Laurie...having tried to do things in LAMH(I know how difficult it is) I think you are absolutely awesome at creating hair!

12. Angela Knight

Angela Knight Inspired

That cat is gorgeous.

13. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Working on UV work on the Lion's mane as of late. Still more to go.

Leopard347.JPG

Eota, Miss B, Mythocentric and 3 others like this.
  14. Pendraia

That mane would be a lot of work to uv! Looks good Chris...

15. Chris

Yes, and it's testing my patience for sure.

Miss B and Pendraia like this.
  16. Pendraia

Are you doing the UV's in Modo?

17. Chris

Got a much better handle on the mane UV efforts tonight. Starting to move along now.

Leopard348.JPG

Rae134, NapalmArsenal, CathyM and 4 others like this.
  18. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

UV's would have to be my lest favorite part of making stuff, so far.
    Looking good Chris

Chris likes this.
  19. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

It's a Lion of Another Color!

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  20. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary