• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I rather kind of like it with the UV's it looks like modern art to a degree! Looks like you are doing an excellent job on the UVs here!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks LadyFyre!

Yes I am working on a LAMH version as well- here are the latest WIPs on it (and these are iray renders- though not using the catalyzer). Still lots of tweaking to do on this and also my Poser version too. And yes I do plan to contact Alessandro about the Iray Catalyzer to see what I can do about that!:)

View attachment 30345 View attachment 30346 View attachment 30347
Oh my goodness.......these renders are gorgeous.
Just curious about two things:
1. How much longer does it take to renders in fully propped sets using this kind of strand hair as opposed to without strands.
2. Can the hair be worked to look least straight and neat and more nappy and dirty?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
From mu own limited experience, the LAMH "curves" hair renders *much* faster than transmapped hair. A good deal slower than without the hair at all, of course, but *nothing* like the hours and hours I've spent waiting for the MilBigCat Lion's mane to render.

With the full plugin, one can adjust the amount of frizz, I've not tried to do anything about it in the free Player.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Which mil big cat lion?
I use the 1st one they distributed and it works fine on my MacBook with sets and other characters and considering longer in the tooth it gives me pretty good results for my needs. Is the second lion they distributed slower to render...though in Poser it does not at all.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The first one. I never used the 2nd since the feet are even worse than the ones on the original. The original MilBigCat model is all right and works as well as you would expect a 12-year-old (or thereabouts) un-weightmapped model to work. But that mane takes *forever* to render, and isn't even that good in the first place. If you aren't careful about the angle you can see all the rows of hair sheets lined up for trnasmapping.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Great work, Dreamer!
Thanks, guys...
Since my quickie Harry goat morph turned out to be of interest, I refined it a bit, and made a kid to go with it.
Don't know when I'll get around to texturing it, I've been working on finishing Aoi at long last, so hopefully I'll be able to push that out. Turns out I really suck at making conforming clothes. :-|

OMG, I am so excited (and thanks to Alisa for pointing me to this thread!!) I just asked yesterday for one of those super cute baby goats (and well I guess it has to have a mom too). I am thrilled about this, thanks Sparky!!

I do have the Daz goat but it's so old. And I have a goat that I think was morphed from the Daz Sheep by someone years ago....was that you? I loved it and always wanted a baby one.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
OMG, I am so excited (and thanks to Alisa for pointing me to this thread!!) I just asked yesterday for one of those super cute baby goats (and well I guess it has to have a mom too). I am thrilled about this, thanks Sparky!!

I do have the Daz goat but it's so old. And I have a goat that I think was morphed from the Daz Sheep by someone years ago....was that you? I loved it and always wanted a baby one.
Got Sparks's goat set for the DAZ lamb I believe. Though long in the tooth it is a brilliant set and well made and have loved working with it. Recommend it for anyone needing a good,goat,set while waiting for new and improved.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
The first one. I never used the 2nd since the feet are even worse than the ones on the original. The original MilBigCat model is all right and works as well as you would expect a 12-year-old (or thereabouts) un-weightmapped model to work. But that mane takes *forever* to render, and isn't even that good in the first place. If you aren't careful about the angle you can see all the rows of hair sheets lined up for trnasmapping.
Hmmm!?
Haven.t noticed the separation panels on any of my renders. Have rendered images from a variety of angles too?!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Great work, Dreamer!

Thanks, guys...

Since my quickie Harry goat morph turned out to be of interest, I refined it a bit, and made a kid to go with it.

View attachment 21350

Don't know when I'll get around to texturing it, I've been working on finishing Aoi at long last, so hopefully I'll be able to push that out. Turns out I really suck at making conforming clothes. :-|

Was this the goat used in the skelecat promo render?
And please if you do get to developing this please include extras like beard and gender parts and horns belly hair and tails and expression morphs and.......!!!!!!!

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Got Sparks's goat set for the DAZ lamb I believe. Though long in the tooth it is a brilliant set and well made and have loved working with it. Recommend it for anyone needing a good,goat,set while waiting for new and improved.
Maybe that was it. No Daz goat, just the one from the sheep morphed into a goat. I have a Poser render archived somewhere. There was a goat barn or some sort of lean to type thing as well in my render. Not sure if that was from the same vendor or not.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've got the goat shed. It was a freebie, and probably still online somewhere. I think it was someone else who built it. And I *think* it might have been Carrie58 who had some additional goat skins which needed to be applied manually, but were quite nice.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I've got the goat shed. It was a freebie, and probably still online somewhere. I think it was someone else who built it. And I *think* it might have been Carrie58 who had some additional goat skins which needed to be applied manually, but were quite nice.
Oh man, extra goat skins?? How'd I miss those...wonder if they're still in the Freepository forum over there? Yeah, shed was free.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Maybe that was it. No Daz goat, just the one from the sheep morphed into a goat. I have a Poser render archived somewhere. There was a goat barn or some sort of lean to type thing as well in my render. Not sure if that was from the same vendor or not.

I remember. The goat set (lean-to and other shed stuff) was created by someone else there who offered it as a very generous freebie to give the goats a,place to play) after or about the same time Sparky offered the goat morph set for the DAZ lamb. I requested it then if I recall and Sparky delivered! Been using the the morph/Tex set since. Love it!

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I remember. The goat set (lean-to and other shed stuff) was created by someone else there who offered it as a very generous freebie to give the goats a,place to play) after or about the same time Sparky offered the goat morph set for the DAZ lamb. I requested it then if I recall and Sparky delivered! Been using the the morph/Tex set since. Love it!
Yep, me too!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I don't remember a kid morph for the lamb. But I wandered into this hobby in July '09 and may have missed it. It wasn't included with the commercial goat morph for the sheep, which I bought from Sparky's site at some point. Not sure exactly when, but probably around 2010 or 2011.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I found this in a super old runtime on one of my external drives. I've been doing Poser since 2005, and these files are from July 2009. I opened the cr2 and it's obj ref says "figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:dazAnimals:dAZblSheep.obj". The Geometries folder has the goat beard, tail and flared horns. And the texture folder is named 'Sparky/Sheep' but of course has the goat maps.

Sparky Poser Goat July 2009.JPG

Sparky Poser Goat Textures.JPG

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, that's the one I've got. Never heard of one for the lamb until it was just mentioned here.