• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Hornet3d

Wise
WIP this is how far I have managed to get.

New Garden Comp.JPG

Left, right and centre with paths laid and planters created which leaves me the weekend to try and do a fairly large amount to planting. The owl has not changed sides by the way it has a twin on the right, the left is hidden in these shots but both are visible in one of my earlier shots.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Aha! I was JUST thinking Mr. Owl walked over to the other side. ;)

The archway is looking real good. Can't wait to see everything planted.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, and I went back to your earlier shots, and saw the one with both Owls. Not sure how I missed the one on the right in that photo.

Hornet3d

Wise
Could use a fish pond.:) Maybe a bench.

It has a pond but no fish, it is situated in the back right corner so that you can see it through the end window of the summer house. The waterfall is used as a bath by many different birds so there is usually something going on. No bench but for a very good reason, my wife is scared stiff of wasps, you can be in the middle of a conversation and in an instant she is off like a greyhound out of a trap. It was the whole reason for the summer house, now she is protected from wasps and we can have a quiet conversation or just chill and enjoy the garden. It also means we can sit out for more months in the year.

eclark1894

Visionary
It has a pond but no fish, it is situated in the back right corner so that you can see it through the end window of the summer house. The waterfall is used as a bath by many different birds so there is usually something going on. No bench but for a very good reason, my wife is scared stiff of wasps, you can be in the middle of a conversation and in an instant she is off like a greyhound out of a trap. It was the whole reason for the summer house, now she is protected from wasps and we can have a quiet conversation or just chill and enjoy the garden. It also means we can sit out for more months in the year.
Are those windows or screens?

eclark1894

Visionary
In the blurb that came with the summerhouse they were called styrene windows.
Ah, okay. I live in the US southeast and while we do sit outside during the summer, most of the time, when we do the sit on a porch, those porches are usually covered with screens. Why you ask? Well, to mainly to keep out any bugs and mosquitos, and to let the air in so we can keep cool.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ah, okay. I live in the US southeast and while we do sit outside during the summer, most of the time, when we do the sit on a porch, those porches are usually covered with screens. Why you ask? Well, to mainly to keep out any bugs and mosquitos, and to let the air in so we can keep cool.

I understand where you are coming from, for days where there is some breeze we have a screen that can go over the doors and we can leave them open but I also have mains power to the summerhouse fed using armoured cable wired into a double witched socket with a waterproof rating of IP66. So for the really hot days the summer house is equipped with the Air Con unit with the hot air vented out though the back via the combined shed while water from the unit drains out through the floor. On the reverse, on days that have a cold edge we have a small ceramic heater which works well as in such a small space. It is really only on the extreme days, either hot or cold, that is is not comfortable enough to sit out there.

Hornet3d

Wise
I like the fortress of solitude. AC'd, you say? Sweet.

I built it around five years ago as a bolt hole away from the madness of the world but it has of course taken on a much bigger role since covid and the lock downs. It really started as a shed with windows in it, which it still is, it just happens to have power, air con, heating, Internet access, access to the CCTY camera on the front door, door bell remote receiver and we share it with the dog and the name you cannot say but as I am tying I can - Alexa.

Hornet3d

Wise
WIP 2 - End of play today, some planting done more planting and path lights to follow.

Garden WIP2.JPG

This time there is left, above and right. The are two climbing plants against each side of the arch, all are fragrant and evergreen although one drops some if it leaves in really cold winters. On the right side the flowers are red and yellow and on the left red and white. Flowering should be from early spring through summer until late autumn. The heathers should give some colours over the rest of the year. More flowers are to follow and there are also some bulbs planted. A bit more planting tomorrow and hope fully adding lights to the path.

Dog seems to approve, when I stopped the garden went quiet so he took up his normal position