• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

eclark1894

Visionary
From those who refuse to get vaccinated because they didn't want the "emergency use" versions of the vaccines.
What about those who say the US government has a history of lying to people, especially minorities, such as blacks, Asians, Native Americans? It's hard to trust someone who lies to you all the time.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There are many, many, many government agencies, and just because one or more have a history of not being believed, for one reason or another, doesn't mean ALL government agencies aren't believed.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well my wife and I are both vaccinated, both jabs and now expecting to be called for a booster in the coming months, certainly me as I am on the list for flu jabs because of my type two diabetes.

Hornet3d

Wise
Still planning to spend a lot of time at home even after the lifting of the restrictions and top that end work is underway.

Garden WIP 1 HW.JPG

So this is definitely a WIP, the first four photos are the building site with the old arch way demolished. Weed prevention membrane was then laid before putting the arch in place. The basic outline of the paths are taking place, they need edging and then I have some path lights to add. Then I need to add the flower beds in front of the wooden planters this side of the arch. Eventually the arch will be painted to match the planters but as it has been pressure soaked it cannot be painted for a few months.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There's only one I dealt with through work on a regular basis, so not sure how other agencies work. They're all different, with different mandates.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Really nice work Hornet. No pressure treated wood here for years. The chemical they used leached into the soil causing contamination. Cedar is the preferred outdoor wood. Naturally resists rot and bugs. Expensive though. There was a green stain that was used for a while to replace pressure treating, but again; the green stuff leached out. There are very strong environmental laws here.

eclark1894

Visionary
There's only one I dealt with through work on a regular basis, so not sure how other agencies work. They're all different, with different mandates.
We don't live in a decentralized government bureaucracy Miss B. Yes, there are many governmental agencies, some are almost set on auto-pilot, but ultimately, there is only one administration, with one President. The President has a Cabinet with the head of those agencies reporting to him on a daily basis. And I will grant you that occasionally, we have some people who betray the trust of the administration. Intelligence agencies do in all the time.

My point is, that there are a number of people who haven't been vaccinated for a number of reasons. "Emergency use" was just one. And it usually takes about twelve years for the FDA to usually approve a drug. But this vaccine was done in less than one. Hell, why don't we do that with ALL the new drugs?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Watch this, everyone - do NOT make this political or push conspiracy theories. I WILL delete posts.

And it usually takes about twelve years for the FDA to usually approve a drug. But this vaccine was done in less than one. Hell, why don't we do that with ALL the new drugs?

To answer your "question" which sounds to me more of a conspiracy theory comment that something clearly is suspicious because of the speed of this vaccine. It's not voodoo or horrid corrupt govenment agencies, it's SCIENCE that allowed the vaccines to be developed so fast:

1-MRNA research has been going on for several decades
2-Researchers have been dealing with related coronaviruses that caused SARS and MERS. They were already testing new vaccines.

So it's not "the government" who came up with these, it is SCIENTISTS. They developed them and did studies for efficacy and safety. Then they applied for emergency use because we needed the vaccines so desperately. Then, they have applied for full FDA approval. Pfizer applied first and just got approval, Moderna applied about a month later, so will likely be approved in a month or two.

And yes, there are other reasons people are refusing the vaccine, many related to ridiculous conspiracy theories. The point is that many peoples' complaint was that it was only approved for emergency use and the query was wondering what THOSE people's reasons might be now, if indeed they just don't want to get the vaccine. And you hit it on the head - "we can't trust the FDA who approved it". Bam.

I really don't want a discussion of this too much, please. I simply chose to answer the last post rather than delete it or edit it.

Hornet3d

Wise
Really nice work Hornet. No pressure treated wood here for years. The chemical they used leached into the soil causing contamination. Cedar is the preferred outdoor wood. Naturally resists rot and bugs. Expensive though. There was a green stain that was used for a while to replace pressure treating, but again; the green stuff leached out. There are very strong environmental laws here.

There is certainly no problem getting pressure treated wood here in the UK not sure if that is because the methods or chemicals are different or we have just not got around to banning it. Buying and arch that was not pressure treated would be difficult as most are except the very expensive ones due to the wood used or the very cheap ones that disintegrate in a year or so.

eclark1894

Visionary
Watch this, everyone - do NOT make this political or push conspiracy theories. I WILL delete posts.

To answer your "question" which sounds to me more of a conspiracy theory comment that something clearly is suspicious because of the speed of this vaccine. It's not voodoo or horrid corrupt govenment agencies, it's SCIENCE that allowed the vaccines to be developed so fast:

1-MRNA research has been going on for several decades
2-Researchers have been dealing with related coronaviruses that caused SARS and MERS. They were already testing new vaccines.

So it's not "the government" who came up with these, it is SCIENTISTS. They developed them and did studies for efficacy and safety. Then they applied for emergency use because we needed the vaccines so desperately. Then, they have applied for full FDA approval. Pfizer applied first and just got approval, Moderna applied about a month later, so will likely be approved in a month or two.

And yes, there are other reasons people are refusing the vaccine, many related to ridiculous conspiracy theories. The point is that many peoples' complaint was that it was only approved for emergency use and the query was wondering what THOSE people's reasons might be now, if indeed they just don't want to get the vaccine. And you hit it on the head - "we can't trust the FDA who approved it". Bam.

I really don't want a discussion of this too much, please. I simply chose to answer the last post rather than delete it or edit it.
I didn't make it a discussion. I didn't even bring it up. I merely disagreed with the statement made that the emergency use excuse didn't hold.
Also, I didn't argue that the "government" came up with the vaccine. However, even you can't deny that the FDA IS a government agency, so no, people who don't fully trust the government will probably not comply and take the vaccine simply because the FDA placed their stamp of approval on the vaccine.

"it's SCIENCE that allowed the vaccines to be developed so fast:"
Is that the same "SCIENCE" that's been "evolving" this past year?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
"it's SCIENCE that allowed the vaccines to be developed so fast:"
Is that the same "SCIENCE" that's been "evolving" this past year?

Yes, Earl. That's EXACTLY what science DOES. Science is ALWAYS evolving as we learn more about things..

Let's end this NOW. Otherwise I WILL go back and delete this entire section of discussion.

Thank you.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL - Yep, old enough to remember that! We actually WANTED the Sabin Polio vaccine as kids ;). I did have that and the Salk one.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
NSW nearing 1,000 cases a day ….. a fair way off doughnut day.

we have the AZ and Phizer jabs with the US one recently being accepted.

maybe we should all move to Afghanistan, seems a quiet peaceful place to be. :whistling:

unreal

Noteworthy
That garden looks like such a happy place. I'm inspired!

I guess everyone has their trust/distrust. I, for instance, am fairly untrusting of corporations, governments, religions... pretty much any organization. And I only trust people to be human. That is, a quick witted and individually weak primate with instincts that are the product of eons of a brutal and impersonal evolutionary environment.

With that belief system in place, I'm rarely surprised. Puzzled often. But rarely surprised. And vaccinated. Long story, short conclusion.

Let's face it. if it wasn't for the few geniuses, we'd all still be squatting in caves.

Using Victoria 2. On a Windows ME Pentium II based computer, with 256MB. Still waiting on a low quality 640x480 render for our desktop wallpaper.

Instead of which, Dawn2 is RC!

Let's hear it for genius!

Hornet3d

Wise
That garden looks like such a happy place. I'm inspired!
Hope fully it will look a lot happier in the next few days. This morning we have brought in another six bags of the slate chippings and 240 litres of compost so that we can finish the paths, flower beds and planters. We already have four climbing plants varying from around a eight inches high to three feet along with three lots of heathers giving us 18 plants and we have an order for a mixture of plant plugs and bulbs which will add around forty more plants.