• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Hornet3d

Wise
It did prompt me to do a little further digging on another famous duo. Nick Ashford and Valerie Simpson. Unfortunately, Ashford died about 10 years ago, but they were still married. If he were still alive it would have been 47 years. And then, there's Denzel Washington who's been married 38 years, and Michael J. Fox, who has been married for about 35 years. I suppose that's not that long, but then again, both actors are still in their 60s. I prefer to think that celebrities get a lot of bad press in a tabloid world.

I think they do get a bad press but then that is true of so many area of news where you hear of the break up and disasters but not of the other side of the coin as in this case the couples that have had long and enduring marriages.

Hornet3d

Wise
One of the big changes for us during Covid was we spent more time at home and a lot of that spent enjoying the garden. With the relaxation of social distancing rules here in the UK we had a slight change and went for a wander around and a coffee at the local garden centre. Turned out to be an expensive coffee as we walked out with over £70 of stuff for the garden and membership of the centres plus club. That expense did not include the new garden arch we have on order for delivery in a couple of weeks. We already have a garden arch but it has been in the garden for over twenty years and the plants around it have quite literally taken root. The arch has a plant tub each side and the roots have gone down through the base into the earth underneath. The climbers on the arch have completely enclosed the plastic arch and some of the climbers have died leaving off shoots over two inches thick in places, at least it did. Now I have a wheelie bin fully of ivy and other plants, a pile of plastic pieces and two other greens sacks full of roots and the like.

New plan is to have a wooden arch and new climbing plants, two new wooden planters, one either side as I can then attach them to the arch to anchor that without having to put spikes down as I hate driving great metal stakes into our back garden knowing our mains water comes through the garden at some point.

Lots of other upgrades are planned like extending the paths and adding path lighting to it all, so I can see a very busy couple of weeks ahead of me. If I am really lucky I will get it all done before the next lockdown (new cases in my town have risen from mid twenties to over three hundred over the last few weeks).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, now that Philadelphia is requiring masks to be worn indoors whether one is vaccinated or not, so does my employer. That is ... as long as we aren't sitting at our desk. Then we can ditch the mask.

Even if our desk is in an open office with people sitting less than 6 feet away.

Terre

Renowned
So, now that Philadelphia is requiring masks to be worn indoors whether one is vaccinated or not, so does my employer. That is ... as long as we aren't sitting at our desk. Then we can ditch the mask.

Even if our desk is in an open office with people sitting less than 6 feet away.
Inconsistencies. What fun, NOT!

unreal

Noteworthy
I think they do get a bad press but then that is true of so many area of news where you hear of the break up and disasters but not of the other side of the coin as in this case the couples that have had long and enduring marriages.
Who would buy a tabloid:

"Katey and Rick still happily married after 23 years."

"We just respect each other and enjoy each other's company. It's all about having fun when you can and supporting each other as needed."

"Their dog Rufus is happy and well trained and they have 2 normal kids, age 13 and 6, both doing well in school and enjoying their time with friends."

I'm sure a blogger could spin that into something bad, then to be taken up by the relic media without even spell checking it.

unreal

Noteworthy
One of the big changes for us during Covid was we spent more time at home and a lot of that spent enjoying the garden. With the relaxation of social distancing rules here in the UK we had a slight change and went for a wander around and a coffee at the local garden centre. Turned out to be an expensive coffee as we walked out with over £70 of stuff for the garden and membership of the centres plus club. That expense did not include the new garden arch we have on order for delivery in a couple of weeks. We already have a garden arch but it has been in the garden for over twenty years and the plants around it have quite literally taken root. The arch has a plant tub each side and the roots have gone down through the base into the earth underneath. The climbers on the arch have completely enclosed the plastic arch and some of the climbers have died leaving off shoots over two inches thick in places, at least it did. Now I have a wheelie bin fully of ivy and other plants, a pile of plastic pieces and two other greens sacks full of roots and the like.

New plan is to have a wooden arch and new climbing plants, two new wooden planters, one either side as I can then attach them to the arch to anchor that without having to put spikes down as I hate driving great metal stakes into our back garden knowing our mains water comes through the garden at some point.

Lots of other upgrades are planned like extending the paths and adding path lighting to it all, so I can see a very busy couple of weeks ahead of me. If I am really lucky I will get it all done before the next lockdown (new cases in my town have risen from mid twenties to over three hundred over the last few weeks).
Is it me or is gardening just very satisfying? Sounds like a lovely garden.

unreal

Noteworthy

What about sitting on the bosses desk? Still a mask? What about his face? I would think he'd want one.

How about Boss sits out in desk farm country, without a mask, while *you* get to sit at his desk.

Hornet3d

Wise
Is it me or is gardening just very satisfying? Sounds like a lovely garden.

I certainly find gardening satisfying, not just the routine maintenance but also just sitting down quietly and enjoying the peace. If was particularly pleasing see new life in both plants and wild life during the pandemic when there was, understandably, so much doom and gloom about. I also like doing the projects and the garden has grown with us over the years adapting as our life style changes

P5274748.JPG

This is the arch way that existed until a few days ago,it is just in front of the kitchen window so, nice as it was it did block a lot of light. The new arch will let in more light and the climbing plants will be a mix of jasmine and honeysuckle with both early and late flowering. A couple of them will be highly fragrant and they are reported to attract both butterflies and bees.

The arch leads to the summerhouse and pond which is to the right of the summerhouse.

P5274750.JPG

This is from a bedroom window at night.

P5274761.JPG

We have squeezed a lot in considering that the garden only measures about thirty foot square.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking that archway, but the new one will give you a bigger view with the new climbing plants. I like the owl viewing anyone coming through the archway. ;)

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm liking that archway, but the new one will give you a bigger view with the new climbing plants. I like the owl viewing anyone coming through the archway. ;)
That owl probably serves a purpose. I'm sure it helps keep mice out, maybe squirrels.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, maybe has some content with an odor, or such, which would do so. Of course, the mere sight of it might accomplish that as well.

unreal

Noteworthy
I certainly find gardening satisfying, not just the routine maintenance but also just sitting down quietly and enjoying the peace. If was particularly pleasing see new life in both plants and wild life during the pandemic when there was, understandably, so much doom and gloom about. I also like doing the projects and the garden has grown with us over the years adapting as our life style changes

View attachment 70776

This is the arch way that existed until a few days ago,it is just in front of the kitchen window so, nice as it was it did block a lot of light. The new arch will let in more light and the climbing plants will be a mix of jasmine and honeysuckle with both early and late flowering. A couple of them will be highly fragrant and they are reported to attract both butterflies and bees.

The arch leads to the summerhouse and pond which is to the right of the summerhouse.

View attachment 70777

View attachment 70778

We have squeezed a lot in considering that the garden only measures about thirty foot square.
Wow, I had a mini-holiday just *looking* at the photos. Vodka tonic, twist of lime, thank you...

unreal

Noteworthy

View attachment 70776

View attachment 70777

View attachment 70778

Plus I'm just now starting to collect ideas on how to deal with our garden. Being in sydney, ours is more on the tropical side.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks for all the replies. I am not sure what the owl actually adds to the garden other than cosmetics, he/she does not deter the squirrels as they are common visitors to the garden and cats do not visit due to the dog. Birds do mainly thanks to the bird table and the waterfall which many use as a bath. The owl is not alone, if you look carefully to the right of the owl in the picture you will see a green dragon next to the top step. Elsewhere in the garden are a couple of grotesques (think gargoyle without the spout) and a couple more owls.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, the owl stood out, so I only noticed him. In fact, I just noticed the "RESERVED" pill on the bed for the first time. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Well the message reads Paws Off but our dog Fleet has decided that it does not apply to him and when either my wife of myself are out in the garden that is where he will curl up. He makes the occasional sortie to see what we are doing (or maybe he is project managing) but he does not stay too far away from his pillow for very long. The door is left open during the day so he can wander in and out at will.

unreal

Noteworthy
Well the message reads Paws Off but our dog Fleet has decided that it does not apply to him and when either my wife of myself are out in the garden that is where he will curl up. He makes the occasional sortie to see what we are doing (or maybe he is project managing) but he does not stay too far away from his pillow for very long. The door is left open during the day so he can wander in and out at will.
Your dog sounds like upper management.

unreal

Noteworthy
Thanks for all the replies. I am not sure what the owl actually adds to the garden other than cosmetics, he/she does not deter the squirrels as they are common visitors to the garden and cats do not visit due to the dog. Birds do mainly thanks to the bird table and the waterfall which many use as a bath. The owl is not alone, if you look carefully to the right of the owl in the picture you will see a green dragon next to the top step. Elsewhere in the garden are a couple of grotesques (think gargoyle without the spout) and a couple more owls.
We tried the same thing. The owl scared things away for all of 24 hours. Birds use our plunge pool as a birdbath. They barely even pay attention to our dogs since they know the dogs can't get them (it's glass enclosed). We have a bunch of Kookaburras that swim in the pool regularly. The bush turkeys are scarce ever since the pre-covid fires. But they used to lounge around on our furniture, to the delight of the dogs. Only times the dogs give the kookaburras grief is when they're on the upstairs balconies. Apparently, those are exclusive dog areas. But I'm not privy to the wild kingdom rules of the house. I just pay the bills.

robert952

Brilliant
With the Pfizer drug officially approved, it will be interesting to see what excuses come up. The 'emergency use' only excuse doesn't hold.