• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My ex usually remembered to lower the toilet seat. But one night early in our marriage, I woke up in the wee hours needing to use the toilet. I was groggy as I stumbled into the bathroom, and I didn't notice the toilet seat was up. It might not seem like an inch or so is all that much, until you don't encounter the toilet seat where your brain expects it to be. For a brief second you do feel like you're falling. It's just like when you jerk awake as you're falling asleep because your brain thinks you're falling. The next second bare skin encounters cold hard porcelain and now your brain is freaking out even more.

Until you've sat on cold hard porcelain, you don't realize the difference between sitting on a wood or plastic toilet seat and sitting on cold hard porcelain.

Night time visits to the bathroom have sometimes resulted in unpleasant surprises for me. As a very young child, I tended to get disorientated and end up in the closet instead of the bathroom. Because the closet was shared between the master bedroom and my bedroom, my mom usually caught me in time as my closet door opening would wake her.

Fortunately, I grew out of getting lost! I also don't usually need to make a night trip to the bathroom, and I'm not usually groggy when I do wake up.

On another note, I will never forget the time my ex drank too much one evening, and I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to him standing inside the bedroom peeing into one of his work shoes.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
You can learn a lot by observing just three things in the bathroom!

1. The toilet seat position

2. The tube of toothpaste ( how it’s squeezed )

3. How the toilet paper is hung ( over or under )

;):eek:o_O:cool:

unreal

Noteworthy
21 is more than a good start, particularly with the pressures of modern day life, I would say that is a solid foundation. I wish you many more years of happiness.
Thank you. And I wish for your wish to come true :D

This one as well as others, of course. But I'm particularly attached to this one :)

unreal

Noteworthy
Thanks for the comments.

When asked my secret for our long marriage? Simple. Lid up, seat down.

Actually, you have to talk about issues that come up and work through those problems. The toilet seat was our first hurdle. ;D

And for anyone over 5 years, you are on your way. The average number of years of marriage at the time of divorce is just under 8 years

So, great job, unreal. Keep up the good work. You've already surpassed the averages.

To hornet's comment: 1/3 of divorce petitions use Facebook as a major contributor. So, yep, the landscape is changing. But on the good side, people are marrying later in life and staying married longer. So, it still could go either way.
I think you're on to something. The secret we discovered is to have at least 2 bathrooms. There are times that wasn't true. And, I have to say, those were stressful times. In fact, looking for houses, we always have "2 toilets" as the top priority. The house doesn't even have to be 100% waterproof. But there needs to be 2 toilets.

unreal

Noteworthy
You can learn a lot by observing just three things in the bathroom!

1. The toilet seat position

2. The tube of toothpaste ( how it’s squeezed )

3. How the toilet paper is hung ( over or under )

;):eek:o_O:cool:
1. Closed. I've accidentally dropped things that went into the toilet. Some of them expensive. Lid down prevents that.
2. In a drawer or cabinet. So long as the room *looks* neat, it *is* neat.
3. Over. There's really not a discussion here. But, according to a statistic I just made up, the proportion of people who have the roll under is exactly the same as the proportion of clinically insane people in any population. Plus or minus 50%. Which makes it within the accuracy of economists and meteorologists, and at least 237% more accurate (by weight) than even an honest politician. Which are (oddly) the same proportion as toilet paper under people.

The universe is a strange place O.O

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
3. Over. There's really not a discussion here. But, according to a statistic I just made up, the proportion of people who have the roll under is exactly the same as the proportion of clinically insane people in any population. Plus or minus 50%. Which makes it within the accuracy of economists and meteorologists, and at least 237% more accurate (by weight) than even an honest politician. Which are (oddly) the same proportion as toilet paper under people.
Gee thanks :p. We had cats years ago. "Over" meant they had very easy access to unrolling the toilet paper. which they did, making a mess in the bathrooms....thus, we started doing it under and that stopped their fun and our mess. Don't have cats anymore, but the habit stuck. And as far as I know, I'm not insane, though some may disagree ;)
:snoopydance:

eclark1894

Visionary
according to a statistic I just made up, the proportion of people who have the roll under is exactly the same as the proportion of clinically insane people in any population. Plus or minus 50%. Which makes it within the accuracy of economists and meteorologists, and at least 237% more accurate (by weight) than even an honest politician. Which are (oddly) the same proportion as toilet paper under people.
What a coincidence. According to a statistic which I just made up, the number of people who don't actually give a damn is exactly the same! :sneaky:

unreal

Noteworthy
Gee thanks :p. We had cats years ago. "Over" meant they had very easy access to unrolling the toilet paper. which they did, making a mess in the bathrooms....thus, we started doing it under and that stopped their fun and our mess. Don't have cats anymore, but the habit stuck. And as far as I know, I'm not insane, though some may disagree ;)
:snoopydance:
Too funny. Our dogs do just the opposite. If the roll is under, they unroll it. We discovered this traveling with them. Staying in airbnb's it happened twice before we caught on to why.

unreal

Noteworthy
What a coincidence. According to a statistic which I just made up, the number of people who don't actually give a damn is exactly the same! :sneaky:
I'm almost sure this is like the golden ratio. It keeps reappearing in nature in different places and scales. If I remember my year 12 math, this is called the "rat's ass" number. (Not to be mistaken for the "shitload" which is Avogadro's number, squared.)

Rat's Ass number also describes the amount of concern I have for the news. It's become like the daily traffic report in LA: there's a traffic jam. They stopped making new reports back in 1963. ILM just updates the old video periodically using CGI. If you look closely, you can spot an original Victoria as a driver in a red 1998 honda accord.

unreal

Noteworthy
So which one is clinically insane?
I'm reminded of the despair.com poster:

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

To which I say: Sure! Bring beer. -.o

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm reminded of the despair.com poster:

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

To which I say: Sure! Bring beer. -.o
1628590851976.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, 71 years is amazing! I've never heard of a couple being married that long, and congrats to you on 31 years. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
My parents will reach 71 years on the 28th August. 89 and 91 years old. My husband and I reached 31 in March this year.

Wow, 71 years that is some anniversary and a rare one which, despite us generally living longer, will be come even rarer as time goes on.

Belated congratulations in your 31st in March which is quite a milestone, in the UK the divorce rate is 20.1% after ten years but that rises to 43.6% after 30 years.

eclark1894

Visionary
Wow, 71 years that is some anniversary and a rare one which, despite us generally living longer, will be come even rarer as time goes on.

Belated congratulations in your 31st in March which is quite a milestone, in the UK the divorce rate is 20.1% after ten years but that rises to 43.6% after 30 years.
That statement made me look up some marriage stats in the US. The average marriage lasts 8 years. 70% of women initiate divorce proceedings.