• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Roberta

Eager
Here in Italy there are updates every day: through new Ministerial Decrees, etc.
I usually leave the house very rarely, so all these changes due to the emergency of the Coronavirus "touch" me but not so much. My husband - much older than me - changed the shopping schedule by going out much earlier in the morning to avoid gatherings.
Closed gyms and swimming pools, cinemas, pubs, discos, theaters and museums; leave behind closed doors. Do not leave the red areas (some of our regions). They blocked religious, civil, funeral ceremonies, etc.
If I have to go somewhere, I go there on foot.. Have a safe distance between one person and another, do not shake hands, do not hug each other, etc ...

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
The attendance at the food bank was way off, the stores haven't as many people, the laundromat is emptier. Most places are having big jars of hand wipes near the entrance (usually alcohol). (I can't use them, I get migraines just from the chemical smell.) I usually avoid physical touch with people due to picking up diseases amazingly easy at the best of time, or emotions or other stuff...and I hate crowds. I rarely leave home anyhow and usually don't come with about 5 or 6 feet from other people. So, except for the stinky stuff, it's actually been easier for me. So far.

Roberta

Eager
The attendance at the food bank was way off, the stores haven't as many people, the laundromat is emptier. Most places are having big jars of hand wipes near the entrance (usually alcohol). (I can't use them, I get migraines just from the chemical smell.) I usually avoid physical touch with people due to picking up diseases amazingly easy at the best of time, or emotions or other stuff...and I hate crowds. I rarely leave home anyhow and usually don't come with about 5 or 6 feet from other people. So, except for the stinky stuff, it's actually been easier for me. So far.
Rowan, where do you live?

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Washington state, USA. There were deaths reported for this county for the corona virus. Though my best friend (hospital nurse for 40 years) says that there are worse diseases for contagion and death rates, but those just aren't getting the same amount of media coverage. And it's the media hype that's causing the panic.

Hornet3d

Wise
Here in the UK we have had three deaths so far, the youngest being sixty and all have existing health problems clearly very sad but I am sure the deaths from normal flu is already very much higher. As I am a diabetic in my sixties I would be regarded as being 'at risk' but so far the only real impact locally has been self inflicted by people panic buying soap, hand sanitiser and toilet rolls, I can understand the first two but toilet rolls ? There are even reports of people stealing hand sanitisers from the public toilets in supermarkets and hotels and even hospitals.

We are advised to self isolate if we have any of the symptoms but as my wife and I are both retired and do our best to avoid crowds at any time I don't think we would see much change in our life style if we did have to self isolate.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The preppers will tell you, when it all goes bad (as it will) make sure you have toilet paper because leaves are rough and you don't want poison oak or poison ivy or poison sumac there. ;)

To help keep clean and safe you need disinfectant and paper towels. Those puppies are one use and toss in the trash or the fire.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry, Rowan - I have to disagree with your friend that media hype is causing the panic. Let's not blame the media, please. They are providing information for people. The media is EXACTLY where I get my solid, scientific information about this - from the CDC and other medical experts who are being interviewed.

Stocking up - the same thing happens when there's a prediction of snow around here - everyone clears out the stores, and I don't see people blaming the media for causing panic then.

People just naturally are concerned about this, and they have a reason to be. The best thing is to listen to the health officials and do what they recommend.

I have always been one to store things as we live in earthquake country. Being prepared for emergencies is just smart. At this time, grabbing some extra things in case you have to self quarantine is a good idea - problem is people are going overboard. I'd like to see stores limiting quantities of certain items. A friend mentioned that one store had sanitizer if you asked for it, and that they got a case of it in, but ONE person came and bought the whole case.

I'm in Washington, but hours away from Rowan, and there are no known cases in our area yet.

I'm a hugger so it's hard not to :). We're doing leg or elbow bumps with people, joking as we do it, and being cautious. I'm also an "at risk" person due to age and asthma, so we're planning on going out less, keeping distance from people, etc.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've already gotten emails from my gym, and the management company of my co-op, as to what steps are being taken as far as keeping public places as clean, and disinfected, as possible. Both emails also included steps we can take to keep ourselves protected. I've always had vinyl gloves in the house for one reason or another, but from now on, I'll not only be taking paper towels to wipe my hands when I wash them at the gym, I'll also be wearing the vinyl gloves while working out. I'll probably start wearing the vinyl gloves when I go to the supermarket too.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I live right near Seattle and it's one county away. My son wants me to stay in and has gotten me groceries twice. I'm 60, a smoker and have had pneumonia 3 times really badly since I was 20. The president seems to think it's hype and with the world economy crashing today has really got me wondering if it could be hype. Still I have 2 months worth of food in the freezer and ordered a huge package of toilet paper from Amazon a couple weeks ago and also stocked up on pet food so have a 3 months supply of that. Something I worry about is that a lot of stuff is imported from China so our supply lines could be way off for a while.

So sad how it hit Washington. It hit 2 assisted living centers and most of the deaths were at those.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
The virus is NOT hype. I think people need to listen to the MEDICAL/SCIENTIFIC community. I could say more but won't in the spirit of keeping politics out of what is a medical issue.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Here in Australia the media is to blame for the hype, as a result there is no toilet paper on store shelves...

and social media news feeds just exacerbates the situation.

if your 60 and over you’re in the red zone and if you have underlying health issues it is worse. The average age of fatality in Italy is 80. Italy has now been closed down.

most will just get symptoms of a cold. The world economy looks like going into recession, so that will make it hard for 3D stores for the next period of time.

but we have no toilet paper..... go figure!
Good luck everyone especially those of us in the red zone.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah I'm listening to the Medical/Scientific community and staying prepared as always.

Yah that gets me, you would think people would be fighting over cans of beans and tuna not toilet paper! I'm really enjoying your toilet paper images Stezza!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think people go for toilet paper because it's definitely something that you can't substitute too many other things for. At least not comfortably ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think people go for toilet paper because it's definitely something that you can't substitute too many other things for. At least not comfortably ;)
Yeah, tissues is about the only thing I think you could "comfortably" use instead of toilet paper, and that just seems very strange to me.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep. Also, if you are on a septic system, it's not a good idea, as tissues don't break down so easily.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true, though I don't think we have those in apartment buildings here. Probably seen more in private homes.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry, that might have been a bit unclear - I didn't mean YOU specifically, but more the general "you", as in those who ARE.. (like me ;))

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sorry, that might have been a bit unclear - I didn't mean YOU specifically, but more the general "you", as in those who ARE.. (like me ;))
Oh, I know what you meant. I was just mentioning that folks who live in apartment buildings wouldn't necessarily have to worry about that. ;)

Then again, it would take quite a few tissues to "do the job", as opposed to using toilet paper, so who knows what that might do. Come to think of it . . . I don't think I "want" to think of it. :oops:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is absolutely heartbreaking. I just heard that of the 35 people at the second assisted living center 31 tested positive for it. 1 negative. I tried to find a link to the story but it's not out there yet. Heard it on Lookner@twitter (agenda free news). So it's probably credible.