• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Hornet3d

Wise
I can't even imagine 41 years! But then, it does help to marry the right person.

Happy belated anniversary Hornet.

Thank you, and of course you are right marrying the right person is key. She is my wife, my best friend and my soul mate but on top of that we have been lucky. Life has had it's up and downs but we rarely, if ever, argue and manage to agree to differ when our views different.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, with all my fingers crossed I can say that it looks as though the UK may be through the peak of the third wave of Covid. Numbers have been going down for days now for a number of reasons. Firstly the European Football Championship is over so number large gatherings of football supporters has reduced. The schools are now closed and, despite Freedom day and the lifting of many restrictions many are still wearing masks and social distancing.

It is early days yet and the light at the end of the tunnel might just be a train coming in the opposite direction but we are desperate for some good news after so long.

Hornet3d

Wise
neither can I

but it does happen before you realise it :eek: :flower02:

It seems to run in the families, my parents made it passed 50 years before moving on to pastures new and my in laws, both alive and well, have already passed their 60th year of marriage.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW 60 years!! My parents just made it to their 51st anniversary a week before my dad passed away.

Hornet3d

Wise
WOW 60 years!! My parents just made it to their 51st anniversary a week before my dad passed away.

My father in law is 87 while my mother in law is 83, sadly my parents never made it to that age otherwise I am sure they would have made their 60th.

robert952

Brilliant
Ok, I'll get into the longest married race.

Today (Aug 4) my parents celebrate their 70th anniversary. They married as teens.

On Sept 1 my wife and I will hit the 48-year mark. (I think I can behave for another month.) My sister is around that same mark (maybe another year added).

Hornet3d

Wise

Today (Aug 4) my parents celebrate their 70th anniversary. They married as teens.

On Sept 1 my wife and I will hit the 48-year mark. (I think I can behave for another month.) My sister is around that same mark (maybe another year added).

Congratulations to your parents on such a momentous anniversary and also to you and your wife for the 48 year mark. I think anniversaries of this length will be much less common in the future for so many different reasons.

eclark1894

Visionary
Never married myself, but my sister got married when she was 25 and I was five. I'm 63 now, so she was married for 58 years. Sadly, that came to an end earlier this year when my brother-in-law passed.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My father in law is 87 while my mother in law is 83, sadly my parents never made it to that age otherwise I am sure they would have made their 60th.
My dad was only 75 when he passed. My mom lived another 12 years before she passed at 87 years old.

unreal

Noteworthy

Congratulations to them! just living that long is pretty amazing. Doing it with someone you love is way over the bar.

48. Wow. 41. People throwing some amazing number around. And here I was thinking that my petite little 21 was something. Now I know it for what it is. A good start! :D

Hornet3d

Wise
Congratulations to them! just living that long is pretty amazing. Doing it with someone you love is way over the bar.

48. Wow. 41. People throwing some amazing number around. And here I was thinking that my petite little 21 was something. Now I know it for what it is. A good start! :D

21 is more than a good start, particularly with the pressures of modern day life, I would say that is a solid foundation. I wish you many more years of happiness.

robert952

Brilliant
Thanks for the comments.

When asked my secret for our long marriage? Simple. Lid up, seat down.

Actually, you have to talk about issues that come up and work through those problems. The toilet seat was our first hurdle. ;D

And for anyone over 5 years, you are on your way. The average number of years of marriage at the time of divorce is just under 8 years

So, great job, unreal. Keep up the good work. You've already surpassed the averages.

To hornet's comment: 1/3 of divorce petitions use Facebook as a major contributor. So, yep, the landscape is changing. But on the good side, people are marrying later in life and staying married longer. So, it still could go either way.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks for the comments.

Actually, you have to talk about issues that come up and work through those problems. The toilet seat was our first hurdle. ;D
As I said, I've never been married, so I've never had to listen to anyone bitch about the toilet seat. I've never understood what the problem was anyway. Men use the toilet both ways, seat up and down. You never hear any horror stories from men about falling into the toilet. Come to think of it, you never hear those horror stories from women with brothers either.

robert952

Brilliant
LOL eclark. Somewhere I have a cartoon that illustrates the bathroom scene with a husband 'I wonder what is taking her so long."

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks for the comments.

And for anyone over 5 years, you are on your way. The average number of years of marriage at the time of divorce is just under 8 years

So, great job, unreal. Keep up the good work. You've already surpassed the averages.

To hornet's comment: 1/3 of divorce petitions use Facebook as a major contributor. So, yep, the landscape is changing. But on the good side, people are marrying later in life and staying married longer. So, it still could go either way.

Some interesting statistics, eight years is a long time for some but then I guess it is an average. To that I suspect you have to add a few marriages that are in name only, I have met quite a few who would rather work massive levels of overtime rather than spend time with their partner. I also suspect a few of those marriages did not survive the pandemic.

Your comment about the first five years would be right for us, my wife had a habit of not mentioning things at the time but eventually the dam would break and I would be flooded with complaints many justified some not but also many where I could not even remember the incident. Slowly things changed with me constantly checking if all was well with us and her trying to mention when she was upset rather then leaving it for later. I think the big point, even then, was we never let the sun go down on an argument but after five years or so the arguments fizzled out anyway. Both of us could reach a point where we just agreed to differ and neither of us insisted the other had to apologise before normal relations were resumed, of course that made it far easier to apologise even if you did not feel you were in the wrong.

Neither of us do Facebook or Twitter and the only social media I am active in is 3D art such as here. With us both retired the pandemic had little day to day impact but that does not stop you worrying. The big plus was we are both happy in each others company but also at ease in just our own.

eclark1894

Visionary
LOL eclark. Somewhere I have a cartoon that illustrates the bathroom scene with a husband 'I wonder what is taking her so long."
In case anyone doesn't think I can relate, even though I'm not married, I've often heard stories about men having to learn to leave the toilet seat down. Back in the 80s and 90s, I used to visit a female friend of mine that lived in Brooklyn, New York. Since I would stay with her whenever I would go visit, I was determined to not be one of "those" guests. Plus I had a crush on her. We're still friends today. She still stays in New York, Roosevelt Island, but I haven't been to New York since the Twin Towers fell. Anyway, since i was staying with her, in her apartment, I was determined to be as unobtrusive as I could, so whenever I had to use the bathroom, I would sit. The seat stayed down, no problem. :)