• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Hornet3d

Wise
That is looking very good Hornet.

Thank you. I have an order of plants that is yet to arrive so there are a few holes and it will take a while for the new garden to mature but I am fairly happy the basics are there. A lot of the plants are in tubs so they can be moved around and some, like the fuchsia, are about to come to the end of flowering so they will be stored to protect them from frost and some more hardy plants such as heathers will take their place until next year. I have some solar lighting to add and have gone for the version where the battery has been updated so they should run almost dawn to dusk.

unreal

Noteworthy
I built it around five years ago as a bolt hole away from the madness of the world but it has of course taken on a much bigger role since covid and the lock downs. It really started as a shed with windows in it, which it still is, it just happens to have power, air con, heating, Internet access, access to the CCTY camera on the front door, door bell remote receiver and we share it with the dog and the name you cannot say but as I am tying I can - Alexa.
Nice. But I think the only escape from the madness of the world is a gentle happy madness (check) or another planet. I'm still waiting on this one. It will happen right after flying cars. Which is right after electric cars. So we're getting there!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
would make a good group project :inverted: :flower02:
You mean a collaboration? Hmmmm, I've seen folks do that on another forum I visit, though they're all working in Blender, not Carrara, but that sounds interesting. Not sure what I could contribute though, as I'm not good at making plants/vegetation . . . yet. ;)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I used some of Lisa's flowers the rest I modelled.. It's a start if anyone wants to join in ( collaborate ) ;)

My Garden.jpg

unreal

Noteworthy
WIP 2 - End of play today, some planting done more planting and path lights to follow.

View attachment 70836

This time there is left, above and right. The are two climbing plants against each side of the arch, all are fragrant and evergreen although one drops some if it leaves in really cold winters. On the right side the flowers are red and yellow and on the left red and white. Flowering should be from early spring through summer until late autumn. The heathers should give some colours over the rest of the year. More flowers are to follow and there are also some bulbs planted. A bit more planting tomorrow and hope fully adding lights to the path.

Dog seems to approve, when I stopped the garden went quiet so he took up his normal position
It passes critical inspection, then. Dog approved. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Here is the latest update with the path lights added and a a general tidy up, well of most the garden at least.

P1014803 Comp HW.JPG

Left to right, the first is the main arch view seen from the back door area, the second is looking from the summerhouse back towards the house. Next (one on the top) is an example of the sort roots I had to remove to get rid of the old arch, below that is the garden at night and finally looking from the left of the garden towards the back door and work area. This is the area that still needs to be cleaned and spruced up but there are more plants still on order so it should be in use soon anyway.

unreal

Noteworthy
I used some of Lisa's flowers the rest I modelled.. It's a start if anyone wants to join in ( collaborate ) ;)

View attachment 70850
Can I play with it?
Someone should release it with D2.

Did Mickey animate that broom? -.o

lunchtime. Then I have to converse with my garden plants. Show them the photos and tell them "c'mon guys, you can do this well." Because they're slacking, right now.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I did some more as well, modelled a summerHouse I'll add some path lights today some time.. :cool:

I can package up a basic OBJ file but it will be untextured and not UVeed if anyone is interested in adding to it

Garden.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I did some more as well, modelled a summerHouse I'll add some path lights today some time.. :cool:

I can package up a basic OBJ file but it will be untextured and not UVeed if anyone is interested in adding to it

View attachment 70855

Not only did you capture the weird shape of the summer house you also noticed and created the lamp standard as well. I am quite literally speechless a very rare situation for me.

Hornet3d

Wise
Just a few minor tweaks today.

Garden Tweaks.JPG

The owls have now changed position and monitor those approaching the arch rather then passing through it, also the grotesques group are more prominent.

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice. But I think the only escape from the madness of the world is a gentle happy madness (check) or another planet. I'm still waiting on this one. It will happen right after flying cars. Which is right after electric cars. So we're getting there!

It was never really seen as an escape from madness when it was first envisaged or even at build time it was just a place where we could unwind. The escape from madness began to happen as Covid really hit, we were locked down at home and both the TV and the news papers were full of doom and gloom, understandably so. To retire to a place you felt you were safe with no TV or other media and watch nature continue to get on with life turned into something very special. Even these days, with lockdown rules relaxed, we escape from the latest off the wall stories of those that only saw Covid as a hoax dying some horrific deaths. The escape from madness can only be temporary but there are times when it is desperately needed.

Hornet3d

Wise
Looking good Hornet! I'm liking the new positions of the Owls. ;)

Thank you for the comment. Yes they were rather lost in their pervious positions but then the old arch had become so large and it hid so much now there is more to see and we also have more natural light in the kitchen. While the arch does not provide the barrier the other one did this should change in early spring as we are to plant some tall, stunning red and white flowers on each side of the arch. We are growing them on at the moment but cannot put out in case of frost as the are passed there flowering period for this year. Unlike the ivy these die back each year but self seed with ease so they should not create the problem the ivy did.

The lights are quite prominent at the moment but the sedum planted on the edges of the path should grow over the silver edges of the lights which will also dull over time. Clearly we will need to keep the centers free of any growth as the are solar powered, but these use lithium polymer batteries and have a 600 mAh solar panel so that they can run for up to eight hours each night with enough sun during the day. We are also hoping that the sedum will grow over the wooden edge of the paths a invade the path itself thus softening the edge over time.