• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Stezza

Dances with Bees
modelled the owl prop, bamboo trellis and solar lights.... and exported from Carrara as an OBJ file to see if it would load into Poser ( 12pro )

Garden2b.jpg

the Poser import.....

gardeninPoser12.jpg

that's as far as I can go with my outdated Poser... but it seemed to have been ok :cool:

the Carrara file exported...

Garden2bare.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Stezza, You mentioned you imported into Poser 12, so why is your version outdated, or is it just not the latest version of P12?

BTW, looking very good. :) Oh, and in what format did you export? OBJ? I haven't played in Carrara in a long time, so don't recall the export options.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
It’s SM version, needs Flash plugin ect.. so I couldn’t re-save it as a Poser model. I think I bought it in 2012, can’t remember.

I exported using DS as the target and selected convert procedural shaders to images. That’s about it. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, so it's in DUF format for DS 4, or you did it in OBJ format? I know vendors over at the other site don't include OJBs with their products, but not sure if you could do that when exporting from Carrara.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
OK, so it's in DUF format for DS 4, or you did it in OBJ format? I know vendors over at the other site don't include OJBs with their products, but not sure if you could do that when exporting from Carrara.
OBJ ;)

exporting for DS is only for the size not the format :cool:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, well then . . . I'd like to see if I can import it into Poser 11 and/or Poser 12. Then maybe we can have a Poser version for folks to have fun with as well.

unreal

Noteworthy
I did some more as well, modelled a summerHouse I'll add some path lights today some time.. :cool:

I can package up a basic OBJ file but it will be untextured and not UVeed if anyone is interested in adding to it

View attachment 70855
Actually, I'm interested. Waiting for D2. bored out of my mind (what was left of it) with never ending Covid lockdown, and sore from second stage physical therapy, had enough video games, tired of coding... It'd enjoy playing with it :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Ohhhhh, well then . . . I'd like to see if I can import it into Poser 11 and/or Poser 12. Then maybe we can have a Poser version for folks to have fun with as well.
Actually, I'm interested. Waiting for D2. bored out of my mind (what was left of it) with never ending Covid lockdown, and sore from second stage physical therapy, had enough video games, tired of coding... It'd enjoy playing with it :)

I just zipped up all the exported bits and it comes in at around 18MB

if you or anyone who would want to play/add to it in Poser or DS can you DM me your emails so I can send it to you if you like ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
So while working on the garden I discovered that the half step by the back door had split in the middle, I was not impressed as it is not that old and was not cheap. As it was originally purchased to help my aging in-laws manage to step into the garden safely this was now a risk rather than a help but I was disappointed to find that there were few alternatives. In the end I made my own and used a rubber stepping stone to top it off to give a non slip surface. It is made of recycled tyres which I think is a good use of old tyres so I am happy with my purchase. My wife loved it too which is why they are a new feature in the garden to break up the grey of the paths and top off existing log steps. They are just laid out at the moment to give me and idea of spacing and which ones need to be cut but I think it shows the concept. Eventually the step one will be glued and the others sunk into the path

Still to do is the top path to the left of the arch and the area around the lower shed.

Unplanned HW.JPG

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My last aunt was hospitalized a week ago Friday with COVID. Before anyone thinks or says ... she should have been fully vaccinated, her immune system was compromised. She died Wednesday. She was only five years older than me. Needless to say, our family is devastated.