• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I pretty much live as a hermit when my Hubby is away at work (2 weeks home, 2 weeks away) so it hasn't bothered me much but those 3 weeks I was in self-isolation was a tad harder. Its one thing staying at home when you want to another when you have to lol

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since I also pretty much live as a hermit as it is, I didn't even think to make a special effort to self isolate after the two weeks where I had to take my car in for a new battery, had bloodwork done, and went to the doctor. In all three situations, I was in closer than comfortable contact with unknown people for more than 15 minutes. Bloodwork was the worse where I was in a waiting room for over an hour where six feet between people waiting became three feet for the last half hour when the room was at capacity.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
:yeahthat: It's amazing how everyday things I never thought about before this pandemic, like hoping on a bus, has turned into a major undertaking. ~sigh~

So true. We had a rough week after our moving, which goes smooth.
But here it comes, we need a new kitchen, our Kitchen stay in the old house ( Build in) .We keep just the machines.
We also need a few new furniture , some did not survive this second move. (Like our bed room cabinet.)
More complicated as we thought. Online a huge catastrophe for most of the stuff. Some stores did not deliver, only for to pick up in their stock, others have delivery time up to 22 weeks. So we had to order from 4 different stores our stuff, pay for 4 delivery and they come all on different days. We are feeded up. :mad:

McGyver

Energetic
I just found out some good friends have Covid... both him and his wife are doctors, so in their view it was kinda inevitable.
They seem to be doing okay... pretty sick, but they were fairly healthy to begin with...
My wife also found out her boss got Covid over the weekend... from his daughter who is a doctor.
And while I was starting to write this, my kids’ school called and left a message saying the school will be closed for another week because several students got the virus over the holiday...
My kids have been doing remote learning since spring, so it’s not a big deal for us, but every few days there is some issue with kids getting it and certain classes/teams shutting down (the school is using a system of teams that switch between home/remote learning and in school classes) and every other week the whole school gets shut down for a day or two because someone who was sick came in... It’s a damn mess.
I really hope I don’t have to go through the whole rigmarole we went through in the spring... people don't seem to be taking this seriously and this is getting stupid again.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
here in NSW, Australia, we have had 24 days without a locally acquired case of COVID-19, there still may be transmission among people who have unrecognised infections with mild or no symptoms.

and Queensland today have opened the border to let us in... :cautious:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
When you start reading predictions that in some countries Covid will kill more people than died in World War II and yet some are still not taking even the most basic precautions you have to wonder.

Here in France not easy to take the whole Covid 19 case serious anymore.
People are locked up, shops , restaurants closed. A list what we could buy and what not. Attestation for to do your daily chores, while some things get so complicated that you just want to quit anything at all. They are suggesting that for Christmas, people should ban their elders alone in the kitchen during Christmas eve dinner.:mad:
On the other hand, over this weekend the prefecture give permission to a huge manifestation all over France. 500.000 demonstrates was in the streets in Paris, Lyon, etc.., crowded , most of them without mask. They burn down Paris, destroy, but they do it with a permission from the interior minister and prefecture .:somad:
But I should place my mother in Law in the kitchen alone over Christmas? Fill out a stupid paper while going out with the dogs? In the middle of the mountains in a small village with 489 habitants? Makes no sense at all.

Hornet3d

Wise
We are having a similar problem here in the UK with the exception that we are not seeing demonstrations on the same scale. That is not to say that the restrictions are not disliked, just that many ignore them without shouting about it. We have new restrictions starting in days but many do not seem to make sense with many villages in the same category as the cities when the infection rate is much lower. What figures we have seen do not seem to justify many of the restrictions. A relaxing of the rules is promised for Christmas but so are the dire warning we will need to pay for this both before and after Christmas. A very personal view is that Covid has now become a political football that is being kicked around more with a drive to boost egos than the keep the country safe. The trust in politicians, of any party, was low before Covid and, like the virus, it is not getting better any time soon.

My wife and I are in the very lucky position of both being retired so we have no jobs to loose, have always been very happy in each others company so not really bothered by the lockdown so far. Our only worry was my wife having to have and operation and the impact that the virus would have on that but happily she had the operation last week so that concern is behind us.

With the Black Friday sales in full flow I have purchased a load of new Poser content, I have a selection of diamond paintings to do one, of which is something like three feet long and a dog who is happy to walk in most weathers (although he can take or leave a walk if it is raining). My wife has her knitting, a stack of books, a Kindle also stacked with books and a few jigsaws. She also enjoys the walks with the dog. There is only the two of us and we have a fridge and two freezers bursting at the seams with food and Christmas treats. This being the case we regard ourselves as being extremely lucky and we watch the changing Covid rules with little more than a passing interest and sometimes a little amusement.

Strangely I am more exercised by the actions of politicians in other countries who I believe have been found wanting during this period. The UK government will probably be found as being incompetent but having had tried when history his written but others will be shown to have 'fiddled while Rome burned' and that angers me because that has killed people who otherwise would not have died.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d
Honestly, looks like here nobody care anymore. Even the Gendarmerie not.
When we arrive here at the beginning of last week, my husband get caught with to fast driving. They stop us, but don't ask what we do here in the Jura département, with a Licence plate from Paris ( he has still his licence plate from the time we live in Paris a few years ago), they don't ask for the stupid attestation , nothing. Just give him his ticket for 90€ and wish us Bon route .:whistling:
The streets are crowded, in Oyonax , where are the big shopping mal's 26 km from here, crowded.
Macron can talk till he is blue, nobody care anymore. The people do what they have to do .

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d
Honestly, looks like here nobody care anymore. Even the Gendarmerie not.
When we arrive here at the beginning of last week, my husband get caught with to fast driving. They stop us, but don't ask what we do here in the Jura département, with a Licence plate from Paris ( he has still his licence plate from the time we live in Paris a few years ago), they don't ask for the stupid attestation , nothing. Just give him his ticket for 90€ and wish us Bon route .:whistling:
The streets are crowded, in Oyonax , where are the big shopping mal's 26 km from here, crowded.
Macron can talk till he is blue, nobody care anymore. The people do what they have to do .

It is not as bad here, the streets are still very quiet as are the roads and the majority of people are wearing masks and self distancing but that is more a personal choice. Our government was adamant that there would not be a second lockdown, that lasted until they announced the second lockdown. This second one was to get us on track except that for many regions now that second lockdown is coming to an end they are finding out they are moving into a tier far more restrictive that the conditions they were in before the second lockdown started. You can forgive them for wondering what was achieved by the second lockdown.

At the same time the government is giving money to retail companies to keep them afloat and keep employing people but many are failing and blaming the pandemic. Now to a point that is true but many were in dire straights before the pandemic and all that Covid has done is brought forward their demise. You cannot buy a company and use it to support your over inflated life style, which is only dwarfed by your ego, invest nothing in the company and ignore the the competition moving to have a web exposure and expect it to do anything but bomb.

The pandemic is bad enough but it is creating a smell that is hard to stomach with politicians friends getting massive sums of money to provide equipment they have no history of ever providing and others lording it just because they are indeed a lord but only deemed so because of the corrupt and fraudulent process that is used to bestow such titles. If that was not bad enough they seem to think we should respect them because they have a title or letters after their name. A crook is a crook is a crook irrespective of the clothes that are worn.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
The pandemic is bad enough but it is creating a smell that is hard to stomach with politicians friends getting massive sums of money to provide equipment they have no history of ever providing and others lording it just because they are indeed a lord but only deemed so because of the corrupt and fraudulent process that is used to bestow such titles. If that was not bad enough they seem to think we should respect them because they have a title or letters after their name. A crook is a crook is a crook irrespective of the clothes that are worn.

So true. Macron use this Covid case to inflate his ego ,thats it. Nothing makes sense .
He implement a secret health council with 5 people who decide intransparent about the live of 67 million people. The French constitution don't allow such things. This is against it. But strangely nobody stops him. No justice, no Assembly National.

Companies take the big money and close anyway. While little stores stay closed and go bankrupt and no help from now where.
We have high suicide, depression, home violence, but Macron keep us in his evil grip and continue to destroy the live of millions .

People wear here masks too, but they go out.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just a reminder to everyone (not picking on any particular person) to keep your political views out of this thread (all threads in our forum, for that matter :)). Let's keep this thread to discussion of the virus.

No need for ANYONE to apologize - just wanting to make sure it stays steered in the right direction :).

Thanks!!

Hornet3d

Wise
Just a reminder to everyone (not picking on any particular person) to keep your political views out of this thread (all threads in our forum, for that matter :)). Let's keep this thread to discussion of the virus.

No need for ANYONE to apologize - just wanting to make sure it stays steered in the right direction :).

Thanks!!

Noted, difficult to stay out of politics when it is having such a major impact on everyone's life at the moment. Despite that, point taken.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well I was about out of food yesterday - my son brought over a bunch of groceries in March and other than eggs, potatoes, sour creme and milk I haven't really bought much since then. So I skyped my son and told him I was going to Safeway and he said don't touch anything and sanitize your hands after going. He said it's spreading everywhere now. So after a bit of discussion we met up in his town at a Winco (cheap prices!) and he followed me around the store and picked up everything and put it into the cart. I'm good for another three months. Forgot the sour cream but I might try and make some yogurt in my instant pot as that's a great substitute.

Oh my 17 year old kitty needs Vitamin B12 shots once a month and he had an appointment for Tuesday. I got an email from the vet cancelling it. They said they are shutting down shop because they are short of staff until Wednesday. The only thing I can think of that would cause them to be short of staff and not anticipate it is if a bunch are in quarantine. It's getting closer to home for sure.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So I skyped my son and told him I was going to Safeway and he said don't touch anything and sanitize your hands after going.
That's why I wear vinyl gloves at stores. We have a sanitizer dispenser near the doorman's desk in the lobby of our building, and I've seen folks using it often. I always remove the gloves when I get home, and immediately scrub my hands, especially during the warmer weather when my hands sweat a lot with the gloves on.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had a tub of sanitizers but lost them. I did use the sanitizers the grocery store had out.

Gloves - I need to get some.

Hornet3d

Wise
In the UK we have different tiers with tier one having the lowest restrictions and tier 4 the highest except I think there might be a full lockdown above that. There seems to be little logic in some of it as you have areas with quite different levels of infection in the same tier. Then there is the complexity of what happens if you travel from one tier to another or, worse still travel from one tier to another passing through a third tier. We are in tier two at present so can only meet others from my family and others outside and then in limited numbers, masked up and 2 meters apart. I can have workmen in my house to, for example service my central heating boiler but not from my own family, probably just as well because none of them trained in servicing boilers. Not sure what would happen if they were trained, I guess I would have to have some from outside the family to do it even though a family member was competent.

Most supermarkets are open and there does not seem to be any shortages and they are quiet if you shop at the start or the end of the day. All seem to have sanitiser stations by the trollies and you are required to wear a mask. Many have automatic traffic light systems which control the maximum number of shoppers allowed in at one time. In tier one and two the hairdressers are open along with a lot of small businesses but that is not true for all tiers.

Impact on my wife and I is minimal as we have plenty of food and we are short of nothing...well other than money but that has been true long before Covid.

Looks like it will all change for the Christmas period with a relaxing of the rules starting on 23rd December and ending on the 27th. We are making tentative plans but you can only have max three of your families visiting each other. Luckily, while I have more there family members world wide on two others live close so that should be easy, then again of course, it might still all change by the time we reach the 23rd..

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm hesitant to use most sanitizers. The FDA continues to recall brands because they use methanol (wood alcohol) or 1-propanol, which are toxic, instead of ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol. Unfortunately, many of the brands recalled are not labeled as containing methanol or 1-propanol.

You can check the list of hand sanitizers at the FDA site
Is Your Hand Sanitizer on FDA’s List of Products You Should Not Use?

Seriously, what is wrong with people? There is a special place reserved for those who put profits ahead of lives.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't know that Satira, I just don't like having the sanitizer on my hands. With the vinyl gloves, it's just "my" sweat, which I scrub off when I get home.