• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
have you ever wondered why sour cream has an expiry date? :inverted:
Funny you should mention that. Usually the longest I see milk lasting is a couple weeks but there's a little store near me where it's a month out. Then yesterday in Winco I saw some that didn't expire until the middle of Feb. Weird.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well yes. Now that you mention it. I have wondered when sour cream goes bad.

Fortunately, Google and eatbydate.com to the rescue!
You can tell if sour cream has gone bad if you notice dark mold on its surface, bright bacterial marks, pockets of watery liquid and a sharp, bitter flavor. When you notice mold on the inside of the lid and/or in the product - it's time to throw out the entire container.​

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
have you ever wondered why sour cream has an expiry date? :inverted:
Most foods I buy except, of course, fresh produce, have expiration dates. Even the loaf of bread I purchased the other day. Now-a-days, it's better to look at the Sell By Date BEFORE you purchase it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I go through a ton of sour cream so it never has a chance to go bad. Not going out shopping has put a crimp in this little habit though. Baked potatoes are something I eat about 5 times a week. I grew up in Idaho! Potatoes are highly regarded there.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I also love baked potatoes, but have gotten out of the habit of buying them. I buy them loose instead of in a bag, as a bag is just too much for me. They also tend to be smaller in the bag than when you buy them loose. Instead I buy the 24 ounce bundle of Organic Gold or Mixed Creamer potatoes and a bag of baby carrots, then cook them in the slow cooker. I've started adding about 1/3 cup of apple cider instead of Chicken Broth (Pacific Organic Free Range Chicken Broth ... of course). Makes about four meals for me.

Interestingly enough, my shopping cart this week has Organic Russet Potatoes instead of the Creamer potatoes. Baked potatoes just sounded good to me for next week. As long as the potato is a decent size, it's a meal. Of course, I'll toss a 10 oz bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Fresh Frozen Super Sweet Corn in the microwave and call it a meal.

I usually only have sour cream on hand when I'm having nachos.

Most people would probably turn their nose up at my nachos. I get the multigrain Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips, sprinkle a bunch of Andrew & Everett Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese on the chips. Microwave about a minute. Add a heap of Organic Valley Sour Cream on the side, along with a small cut up Organic greenhouse grown Tomato. Once in a great while, I'll also buy a can of Amy's Organic Vegetarian Refried Beans, which goes on the side too. Nothing goes on top those chips but melted cheese. Otherwise, they get soggy.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I started making my own bone broth in my instant pot. Just save the ends of onions and other vegis you cut up and put them in the freezer then when you get a bunch throw them in the instant pot with 1 cut up onion, a beef bone and a bit of apple vinegar. It's sooooo good and so much better than store bought. Makes you feel really good too.

I love nachos! Your recipe sounds healthy.

Hornet3d

Wise
I remember a good few years ago when holidaying in Austria we had a tour down a salt mine and one of the little gifts they gave at the was a small container of salt. Amusingly it had a use by date on it of a few years in the future. Considering it had been underground for thousands of years I wondered why it suddenly had a use by date because it had been dug up and put it in a small round cardboard container.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Most foods I buy except, of course, fresh produce, have expiration dates. Even the loaf of bread I purchased the other day. Now-a-days, it's better to look at the Sell By Date BEFORE you purchase it.
That is especially true of things that are Organic! They don't last as long as the same items with preservatives.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I remember a good few years ago when holidaying in Austria we had a tour down a salt mine and one of the little gifts they gave at the was a small container of salt. Amusingly it had a use by date on it of a few years in the future. Considering it had been underground for thousands of years I wondered why it suddenly had a use by date because it had been dug up and put it in a small round cardboard container.
You will never figure it out.
A few years ago i gifted a Maxi Cosy to a friend who give birth to a sweet little girl. Well, it had an expiration date too...:rolleyes: We laughed a lot.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I haven't bought pepper in almost 30 decades. So for me, it's butter and salt, and sometimes sour cream if I have any.

Miss B

CV-BEE
For me it's the opposite. I haven't bought salt in decades, mostly because I have to watch my sodium intake.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oooops, I didn't even notice that. I think Satira meant 3 decades, which is 30 years.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
How lucky was I?

I bought some mineral salts which is from salt beds which are thousands of years old...

got it cheap as the expiry date is next week... got it just in time! :inverted: :whistling: