• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sorry didn't look at the date on that but I think the number was pretty high in NYC today.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Some good news being reported. Even CNN, which I really don't trust at all

I guess this just shows what has been stated, how we are all different. CNN is my MAIN new source and I absolutely trust them.

Hornet3d

Wise
I guess this just shows what has been stated, how we are all different. CNN is my MAIN new source and I absolutely trust them.

My only source of what is going on in the US is from watching CNN, I don't know if there is a better source, but it is clear there are far worse. I try to avoid any network where the reporting seems to fly in the face of what is being reported in the US but also around the world.

eclark1894

Visionary
You can trust who you want. My point was that when a source I don't trust, starts reporting things the same as a source I DO trust, which is ABC News, then I figure it must be true. BTW, I used to trust CNN, but that was way back when JAG was on the air.

eclark1894

Visionary
I also found a bit of hope today when my daily NY Times eNewsletter only reported deaths from old age. One was 84, two were 85, one was 94, and one was 100 years old.

Now that's the first time in months I haven't seen any reported deaths because of Covid-19. I'm taking this as a good sign. :)
Both The Guardian and the New York Post are reporting that a 95 year old Grandmother in the UK has RECOVERED from Covid-19. I think that's good news.

Hornet3d

Wise
You can trust who you want. My point was that when a source I don't trust, starts reporting things the same as a source I DO trust, which is ABC News, then I figure it must be true. BTW, I used to trust CNN, but that was way back when JAG was on the air.

I was careful not to say I which networked I trusted mainly because I don't trust any 100%. Being based in the UK it makes picking a valid source more difficult thanks to the distance. Furthermore I do not want to criticise the US media because I do not know enough to do so. Even in the UK I have difficulty getting news from one source, years ago it used to be the BBC but not so much these days, not because of any real bias but more it has been dumbed down massively. They seem to be hell bent on trying to attract the younger generation when the younger generation has, by and large, found a different way of consuming news. Then again I am well into the grumpy old man category so what do I know.

Hornet3d

Wise
Both The Guardian and the New York Post are reporting that a 95 year old Grandmother in the UK has RECOVERED from Covid-19. I think that's good news.

It certainly is good news, I think the oldest survivor in other parts of Europe was over 100, which has to be nothing short of amazing.

eclark1894

Visionary
I was careful not to say I which networked I trusted mainly because I don't trust any 100%. Being based in the UK it makes picking a valid source more difficult thanks to the distance. Furthermore I do not want to criticise the US media because I do not know enough to do so. Even in the UK I have difficulty getting news from one source, years ago it used to be the BBC but not so much these days, not because of any real bias but more it has been dumbed down massively. They seem to be hell bent on trying to attract the younger generation when the younger generation has, by and large, found a different way of consuming news. Then again I am well into the grumpy old man category so what do I know.
I admit I'm completely biased against the BBC because they're supported by the government.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No offense Janet, but I don't go by anything on Facebook, Twitter or any other of those online socializing websites. He doesn't mention where he got that information, so hard to verify.

I just hope the numbers will slow down, but we'll have to wait and see.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
OK, that's more confirming, but the way this virus has been spreading, I'm not really surprised considering the population of NY State.

I just heard on one of my weird news sources that that number might be so high because it counts the weekend numbers. It's Tuesday though so I don't know. Stay safe MissB!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A lot of testing labs don't return results over the weekend. So cases and deaths totals on Mondays tend to be higher because they include the weekend numbers.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That makes sense, and to me seems more reasonable when consindering it could account for 2 or 3 days.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think Washington state is doing really good! There were only about 300 - 400 new cases yesterday! The Emerald State is flattening the curve!

This is so encouraging!

MissB I know what you mean about twitter news sources. Sorry but I couldn't remember where I had seen it. The first link I posted was to a guy who uses the worldometer numbers. Steve Lookner. My son sent me a link to him a couple months ago. He just discusses covid news and statistics for a few hours everyday. He's the reason I bought toilet paper before Amazon ran out. Not sure who runs Worldometer but they seem to be the standard. Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,424,291 Cases and 81,891 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Take in count that they count all who die and get tested postmortem and has a s result positive , as a Covid-19 victim. So take the numbers with a grain of salt.
A working college from my husband loose his mother last weekend. She had heavy cancer and was in her last days. Her doctor give her maximum 1-2 more weeks, if.....now she become very high fever over night and passed away 2 days later. She get postmortem tested and was positive. Her official death cause, Covid -19 . ( She died in the hospital btw....and got the Virus from there ). The Corona was here maybe an accelerator , but sadly, she would die anyway. She was 74.
Other working college was telling a different story, his father had to go urgent to the hospital because he break his arm pretty bad. They test him and he had already an immunity against Covid-19 . Which means he had it, but don't remark it. He said he feel a bit more tired than usual and lost his taste for 2 days. But he would never think it was Covid-19. He is 71 .

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately, in the US, testing kits are still hard to get. Coroners and medical examiners are reporting they are being denied testing kits so they are unable to test postmortem. While the CDC allows them to report a death as COVID-19 if they suspect that, not all coroners and medical examiners are comfortable doing so. In addition, some state health departments will only count a death as COVID-19 if there is a positive test.

So, basically, the numbers in the US are most likely higher than what we read/hear.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
In addition, some state health departments will only count a death as COVID-19 if there is a positive test.

So, basically, the numbers in the US are most likely higher than what we read/hear.

When somebody die with a positive Corona test ,it does not always mean he/she die from Corona. There is a difference between "die from and die with ". I think here we would need some clean numbers.
How many people die daily (all cases, not only Corona) ,how old, how sick, etc...like this we would have honest numbers and could act more precise .
But all we see are numbers , thrown out with no relation, causes just chaos and miss information.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I've been stuck at home for the past week working on my supermarket, and watching TV. A LOT of TV. I mentioned that I signed up for Disney Plus streaming and I've been binging on Star Wars. Just finished watching the Phantom Menace, and I have a question which has been plaguing me for a while. Considering she met Anakin when he was still a small boy, does anybody feel that the romance between Anakin and Padme was just WRONG???? She had to be at least ten years older than he was.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I've been stuck at home for the past week working on my supermarket, and watching TV. A LOT of TV. I mentioned that I signed up for Disney Plus streaming and I've been binging on Star Wars. Just finished watching the Phantom Menace, and I have a question which has been plaguing me for a while. Considering she met Anakin when he was still a small boy, does anybody feel that the romance between Anakin and Padme was just WRONG???? She had to be at least ten years older than he was.
Ironically, I just read in CBR today, that Disney is not likely to do a sequel to the movie Battle Angel Alita supposedly because it doesn't fit in to Disney Stories. Frankly, I don't see how it doesn't fit in, but yet Star Wars has Phantom Menace Storyline and it fits in.