• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
That shows a lot of ingenuity.

That’s why he’s called McGyver :cool:

Love the sharing in here. :thankyou: There’s no immediate plan to alter the course of this thread.

Some thoughts of mine to perhaps quiet any potential future discussions about limiting the scope of this thread:

While we are going through this there will be times when ‘the blame game’ comes up. Opinions will differ. Feelings will be hurt and some will feel offended.

We are human. We are going through something that feeds Fear. It kicks in our survival mode and we are less likely to pause to consider something that doesn’t feel ‘right’ to us. In times of survival “right”=“live” and “wrong”=“die”. The sheer weight of that can make people passionate about what they believe or are trying to communicate.

For me, the two most authentic human emotions are Fear and Love. I am doing my best to become more conscious of not complaining (reacting with fear, feeding fear) about something without also sharing a solution (responding with love, cultivating love.)

If you find yourself in the midst of an angry rant, before you ‘post reply,’ please allow a breath or three and check in with your compassion for your fellow humans.

Hang in there everyone. We are in this together.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
my daughter loves Who.... :cool:

second week of iso and home schooling the grandaughter

so far so good only once I had to send missy out of the room for misbehavior... Nanny should be allowed back in soon once she calms down!

my area... not surprising after the bushfires & floods has been declared a hotspot in NSW for 'rona' .... whatelse can happen ... far out!

some good news... had a delivery of toiletpaper today :happyflip::happydance:

hang in there Hivewarriors ~ I know that a lot of countries are doing it real tough at the moment and we're thinking of you all..

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Week 4 here in France with the lock down.
The weather today is bad. Rainy, cloudy, misty. So I will spent my birthday in the house. Watch MD tuts and learn some tricky tricks :whistling:
I am only worry about my dog Maiko. Usually we walk each day 10-15, sometimes 20 km. Since 4 weeks he is restricted a bit and get bored most of the day.
Would be not an issue, if he would not find a way to amuse his self. Freak out our neighbors . He find out that a surprise bark behind the bush and an suddenly jump in front of this bush, when the people cross our fence , let our neighbors jump higher than any world champion. :cautious: It is honestly embarrassing . He find it funny, but our neighbors not really. And we not too . Even when the people know him and also know that he is really very lovely and nice, sure the surprise moment is annoying, but after he go to the fence and greet the people like usual. Tail wagging and exited to see them. Dogs :laugh:

eclark1894

Visionary
This PROBABLY should be posted in the the TV thread, but since I've been spending a lot more time at home, isolated, I've be watching a lot of TV. I had disconnected most of my streaming services to save money, but I found two that I wanted to tell you about if you don't already know of them. The first is the ROKU channel which is free. Lots of good movies and old tv sitcoms from the good ol'days. The other one I resisted at first, but I tried a free trial period on Disney Plus, and now I'm hooked. Been binging on Star Wars, Marvel movies, old Phineas and Ferb, Ducktales, and Toy Story movies. Be Careful. As General Akbar once said, "IT"S A TRAP!" :D PS: Also, Frozen, Frozen2, and the new Onward! movie that just came out.

As some you have probably noticed, I've been very quiet on the forums for a long time. It's also been roughly around a year since I've released any freebies, something that's now changing and there's news of what's coming up (and other good stuff) on my site.

Also on the site is why things have been like that, which to avoid repetition, involved twice tweaking the nose of the grim reaper.
Plus the two resulting Crown Court Trials meant I couldn't say that much until now.

But, in short, last year was a mega steaming pile of brown stuff for us here.
Yet despite all of that one highlight stood out.

People

What I found was if you are in a community of like minded people anything can be achieved.

You don't have to wear a uniform to be a hero, just be yourself.
It doesn't take much, such as asking an older people if they want something from the shop when you're going.
Or give someone a smile as you both do the social 2 metre dance.

It doesn't matter what we go through, because in a community, when some people struggle other people pitch in.
Often good things will just happen without having to to ask.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I think things are getting a little better in our neighborhood (Los Angeles suburbs)... yesterday, I went to the local market and found several grail items; toilet paper, paper towels, sugar and soup.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hello, hope all OK.

Thought I would come out of lurk-mode to say hello. :blossom:

I am in the UK and got a letter to say I was placed in the 12 weeks lock-in (nearly at end of week 2). Last monday my computer monitor stopped working.

I have been able to order food online, so not starving.
I have been able to order a new computer monitor, but they are flooded with orders, so still waiting for "next day delivery" a week later.

So time to try and find my "Muse" which I lost quite a while ago.

Stay safe.

I am glad you decided to come out of lurk mode, hopefully it will help you through for the rest of your period on the lock in. Sad to hear about the monitor working they rarely fail so it is especially bad luck for it to happen now, fingers crossed the new one will be there soon.

Hornet3d

Wise
That’s why he’s called McGyver :cool:

Love the sharing in here. :thankyou: There’s no immediate plan to alter the course of this thread.

Some thoughts of mine to perhaps quiet any potential future discussions about limiting the scope of this thread:

While we are going through this there will be times when ‘the blame game’ comes up. Opinions will differ. Feelings will be hurt and some will feel offended.

We are human. We are going through something that feeds Fear. It kicks in our survival mode and we are less likely to pause to consider something that doesn’t feel ‘right’ to us. In times of survival “right”=“live” and “wrong”=“die”. The sheer weight of that can make people passionate about what they believe or are trying to communicate.

For me, the two most authentic human emotions are Fear and Love. I am doing my best to become more conscious of not complaining (reacting with fear, feeding fear) about something without also sharing a solution (responding with love, cultivating love.)

If you find yourself in the midst of an angry rant, before you ‘post reply,’ please allow a breath or three and check in with your compassion for your fellow humans.

Hang in there everyone. We are in this together.

I totally understand the concern of where this thread might go and, to be honest, I would be more concerned if it were anywhere else but here at Hivewire. It is rare for there to be personal attacks or for it to become heated here and, on the odd occasion it has happened, you or another member of the HiveWire team has shut it down very quickly. I think the other point is that there is a core of people here that post on a regular basis and most would soon notice a post that seemed out of character for any individual. If there was an angry post I think most would be concerned about why that had been posted rather than to respond in a negative way.

We cannot possible know all that is going on in anyone life but we can be fairly confident that everyone here is going through difficult times, some more than others. More than ever before we need to respond to others with compassion while we live through this. So far I think this thread has been supportive and has had a positive effect but I also understand that it is not the case for everyone and respect anyone who decides they would rather not read or join in.

Hornet3d

Wise
So the deaths keep rising here in the UK and even our politicians are falling victim to the virus. On the plus side there are signs that the lockdown may be having an impact with the increase of cases showing signs of dropping, fingers crossed it is not a false dawn.

The other real plus is that, despite the media concentrating on the few who are breaking the rules, most people have seemed to slipped fairly easily into a new routine. Or local shop seems to have mainly full shelves and the queue is usually less than 10 minutes. Anyone who is clearly a key worker is allowed to jump to the front of the queue and a have yet to see this generate any complaint from those already queuing. For a nation that loves to queue, with a culture built around it, jumping the queue would normally be seen as something approaching a hanging offence. This change alone highlights how different the world is today.

Talking to our elderly neighbors we find they are able to cope much better now than just before the lockdown started and most have a delivery slot for food deliveries in the coming week. They are also able to buy food and supplies locally to tide them over until the delivery. That said I am well aware that all of us are lucky to have gardens to enjoy the unusually good weather we have had recently, it must be so much more difficult if you are in a flat with no garden.

eclark1894

Visionary
Some good news being reported. Even CNN, which I really don't trust at all, is starting to report that the majority of people, about 90% at least, who contract Covid-19, recover from the disease. Also, except for the people who are being reported as dying, the illness is generally mild. You may have already had it and didn't even know it. I DID catch a cold earlier this year, but it didn't last long. A mild cough, and sore throat. It's one of the reasons I started drinking tea again. I'm from the south, so I'm a Sweet tea fanatic and now I can't stop.:)

Also, I went to the store yesterday, and I'm pleased to report that while they were still out of a lot of stuff, some of the stuff they HAD been out of, is starting to find it's way back on the shelves again. I even saw a pack of toilet paper on the shelf. :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I also found a bit of hope today when my daily NY Times eNewsletter only reported deaths from old age. One was 84, two were 85, one was 94, and one was 100 years old.

Now that's the first time in months I haven't seen any reported deaths because of Covid-19. I'm taking this as a good sign. :)