• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

eclark1894

Visionary
Jury duty?! Jeebuz... are they freakin’ kidding... that should automatically be postponed... God, this whole thing has had such a higgly-piggly lackadaisical approach, it burns me up...
Whatever you end up having to do, please stay safe man.
With some of the medicine I'm taking at the moment, I couldn't sit through a trial even if I wanted to. Still, I'm supposed to call before I just show up. I'm going to call tomorrow to see what they say.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Easy to create pleated face mask tutorial - I used this when I went out shopping Wednesday.

REMEMBER - the face masks people are being asked to use are NOT TO PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING Covid 19. The purpose is to help prevent OTHERS from getting it if you unknowingly should have it.

You still need to practice personal distancing.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've been reading the instructions on making face masks too because PA and Philadelphia are recommending masks, though they are not requiring them. I don't elastic or rubber bands on hand.

So, I ordered a pair of masks off Etsy.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I've been looking on Amazon, but don't like what I'm seeing. Never thought to look at Etsy. Hmmmm . . .

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just found a set at Etsy that was also Buy 1 = Donate 1, though it's only a set of 2, and it's a printed fabric, but is here in the USA. All the ones I saw on Amazon are from China. Not sure I want to do that.

I just checked out the set you got, and I tell you, the plain fabric is nice too. It looks nice and soft. Ohhh, and there from here in the USA, AND they take PayPal! :D

Thank you Satira! You just made my day!! ;)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@McGyver that's some fine crafting - I wish I were that handy/crafty.
I'm looking at just picking up a bandana. I have dozens, but not here with me (already packed and moved them).
I already moved my gasmask too... though even if it were here, that might draw unwanted attention.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wasn't even Etsy! It was Groceries Apparel, which is located in LA and is a Done Good recommended company.

Thank you Satira! I ordered three myself.

Also found something called Outschool.com with all different kinds of classes for kids. They are reasonable priced. My granddaughter is going to take a coding class tonight.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thank you Satira! I ordered three myself.
MEEEE TOOOO!! :D

Also found something called Outschool.com with all different kinds of classes for kids. They are reasonable priced. My granddaughter is going to take a coding class tonight.
Ohhhh, I should show this to a friend of mine for her son, though he's had his head deep in learning how to create games lately.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Not bad. I have sleep apnea, and decided to use one of my full face masks as a face mask. Was going to use it to day, but I actually haven't set foot outside today. Maybe tomorrow. I also have jury duty coming up scheduled for next Wednesday, I was going to try and get out of it anyway, but, well, I hate to say it, but I think I may have an excuse that day.

I thought I saw on the news over a week ago that trials were postponed due to this pandemic. Maybe you should check before reporting in.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, I just found a set at Etsy that was also Buy 1 = Donate 1, though it's only a set of 2, and it's a printed fabric, but is here in the USA. All the ones I saw on Amazon are from China. Not sure I want to do that.

I just checked out the set you got, and I tell you, the plain fabric is nice too. It looks nice and soft. Ohhh, and there from here in the USA, AND they take PayPal! :D

Thank you Satira! You just made my day!! ;)

I am always concerned about products from China these days. They seem to like to put lead in everything! :oops:

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I sent my friend a text about Outschool, and she sent me back a text that her son is taking classes at Khan Academy, but from what she told me, I think this is being done through his school, though I'm not sure from what I saw on the site, that it's necessary to do it that way. Check it out, as your granddaughter might like it as well. That way she'll have a choice.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Some nice Impressions and story's during the Covid-19 crisis :)

Yesterday during our dogwalk, we meet a farmer who has a chicken and sheep farm. He had his little truck full of eggs. Duck eggs, Goose eggs and chicken eggs. He hand us over a big bag full of eggs (mixed) .He was telling, he drive through the little village and fields and distribute to everybody he meet the eggs. In this hard times we have to help each other. Find it so amazing. :D

And here a picture from this morning. What you see here is NOT the Sun. It is the moon who is just setting. On the opposite side, the sun was raising and let the moon look like a second sun. magical.

Moonset small.jpg

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hello, hope all OK.

Thought I would come out of lurk-mode to say hello. :blossom:

I am in the UK and got a letter to say I was placed in the 12 weeks lock-in (nearly at end of week 2). Last monday my computer monitor stopped working.

I have been able to order food online, so not starving.
I have been able to order a new computer monitor, but they are flooded with orders, so still waiting for "next day delivery" a week later.

So time to try and find my "Muse" which I lost quite a while ago.

Stay safe.

eclark1894

Visionary
I thought I saw on the news over a week ago that trials were postponed due to this pandemic. Maybe you should check before reporting in.

Dana
Okay, I just checked the court website and it is saying that at least until April 17, Jury duty is being cancelled. I'm still going to call the night before and find out what they expect, though.