• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

McGyver

Energetic
I went out to pick up my wife’s prescriptions and the pharmacy (CVS) still doesn’t have any disinfectants, alcohol, toilet paper, paper towel, tissue, antiseptic sprays, cleaning wipes, gloves (forget masks of any sort) and just about anything that should now after a month of quarantine, should be available now... all stores are limiting purchases now to usually one or two of an item... but still, there are not just shortages, but complete absence of items... forget groceries too... milk, meats, canned goods, frozen meals are all in short supplies and the sanitary products are equally absent in supermarkets as well...
At this point, “hoarding“ is no longer a reasonable explanation to me... something is definitely broken, either by circumstance or design, but it’s way past the point where we should have caught up.
These items I normally purchase in bulk, and for the most part I still have most on hand from before this event, but it bothers me for people who can’t afford to have home deliver or can’t drive around looking for these ridiculously scarce items.
Its disgraceful that there were no contingency plans for this sort of thing despite all the natural and man-made disasters we’ve seen... especially in NY which has witnessed both the tragedy of 9/11 and several hurricanes...
I’m not even talking about government either, this falls on the various industries connected to the manufacturing and supply of these vital items.
I mean come on toilet paper?… What is this, the Soviet Union in 1987?
I‘m pretty sure when this is all over or whenever the suppliers decide to “work this out”, you are going to see a lot of price increases and product shrinkage* because they’ll figure people will be grateful to be able to purchase the items again in a normal capacity and won’t argue or push back.
I feel that’s like a crappy assessment of the industries, but I’ve been right about most of these predictions in the past and it’s getting sickening.

* “Shrinkage“ meaning for example when a manufacturer takes a 100 count item and lowers it to 80 or 90 and touts it as “Same great look - same great value!” or some other nonsense like a bigger box with less stuff inside than normal, but a higher price. “Shrinkage“ counts on the fact most consumers don’t really know what amount or quantities they are actually paying for.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just got my stimulus check deposited today, but two days ago, Ma Nature took a big swipe at my house and blew all the shingles off. Guess what I'm going to do with my check?:) Was looking forward to getting a new computer too, but guess that has to wait.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
State taxes are normally due April 15. Although, 37 states, including PA, have followed the Fed tax filing and payment deadline extension to July 15, so I didn't expect PA to withdraw the money until July 15.

While I get a Federal refund every year, I always owe PA state tax. This year, the amount owed increased to $4. I wonder how much it costs for them to process and collect that $4?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, that's strange, unless things have changed here in NY too, because many years ago when I was doing my own taxes, I wound up owing some State Tax money, but I paid it by sending it in from my Federal Tax refund. I'd never heard of a state automatically taking it out of your checking account.

Then again, that's when I started using an accountant, so I didn't have to worry about that anymore. I found out that other than an exact amount to be deducted from my paycheck for Federal taxes, with the State taxes, the firm was given a "range" from which to choose the State deduction from my paycheck, and they always used the lowest amount. I fixed that by having them deduct extra for both Federal and State taxes, and never owed them money again.

That's pretty amusing that the amount is only $4, so yes it would be interesting to know how much it would cost them to process and collect such a small amount.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Using Direct Deposit/Direct Withdrawal is a choice when you e-file your taxes. I prefer NOT to write a check and mail it in. It's too much a hassle.

Because I already overpay Federal taxes by well over $1,000, I don't want to increase what's deducted from my paycheck just because PA ignores deductions the Fed allows. That would only increase the amount I overpay Federal. At the same time, I can't very well decrease the amount of taxes deducted from my paycheck so I get the interest for that money instead of the Federal government, because if I did that, I'd end up owing State a LOT of money at the end of the year.

Over the years, it's changed from getting both Fed and State refunds to having to pay State. Over time the amount owed has increased from $1 to the now $4.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, OK that explains it. I had not heard of Direct Withdrawl before. That doesn't necessarily mean NY doesn't have that option now, but I doubt it had it all those decades ago I started working and paying taxes, so this is definitely new to me. Even when I started working with my accountant, he never mentioned it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Just got my stimulus check deposited today, but two days ago, Ma Nature took a big swipe at my house and blew all the shingles off. Guess what I'm going to do with my check?:) Was looking forward to getting a new computer too, but guess that has to wait.
Sorry to hear about the shingles gettng blown off, but the southern states have been having pretty bad weather lately. It would be nicer to be able to use the stimulus check for what you want , rather than having it to use it for an unexpected expense. That said, however, at least now you have funds to pay for those repairs.

I checked my checking account a little while ago, and I got mine today too. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I went out to pick up my wife’s prescriptions and the pharmacy (CVS) still doesn’t have any disinfectants, alcohol, toilet paper, paper towel, tissue, antiseptic sprays, cleaning wipes, gloves (forget masks of any sort) and just about anything that should now after a month of quarantine, should be available now... all stores are limiting purchases now to usually one or two of an item... but still, there are not just shortages, but complete absence of items... forget groceries too... milk, meats, canned goods, frozen meals are all in short supplies and the sanitary products are equally absent in supermarkets as well...
At this point, “hoarding“ is no longer a reasonable explanation to me... something is definitely broken, either by circumstance or design, but it’s way past the point where we should have caught up.
These items I normally purchase in bulk, and for the most part I still have most on hand from before this event, but it bothers me for people who can’t afford to have home deliver or can’t drive around looking for these ridiculously scarce items.
Its disgraceful that there were no contingency plans for this sort of thing despite all the natural and man-made disasters we’ve seen... especially in NY which has witnessed both the tragedy of 9/11 and several hurricanes...
I’m not even talking about government either, this falls on the various industries connected to the manufacturing and supply of these vital items.
I mean come on toilet paper?… What is this, the Soviet Union in 1987?
I‘m pretty sure when this is all over or whenever the suppliers decide to “work this out”, you are going to see a lot of price increases and product shrinkage* because they’ll figure people will be grateful to be able to purchase the items again in a normal capacity and won’t argue or push back.
I feel that’s like a crappy assessment of the industries, but I’ve been right about most of these predictions in the past and it’s getting sickening.

* “Shrinkage“ meaning for example when a manufacturer takes a 100 count item and lowers it to 80 or 90 and touts it as “Same great look - same great value!” or some other nonsense like a bigger box with less stuff inside than normal, but a higher price. “Shrinkage“ counts on the fact most consumers don’t really know what amount or quantities they are actually paying for.

After an initial few weeks of panic buying things seem to have settled down in the UK with very few shortages. The elderly neighbours around us are able to book home delivery slots from the local supermarkets as they get priority on the slots. Most of the supermarkets are able to supply between 80% and 90% of the items ordered. We are able to make up some of the shortfall for them as we are not old enough to qualify for the priority slots and have to go out to shop. There are still some bare shelves but normally it is just a case of waiting until next visit to buy such items. Most supermarkets are lifting their restrictions on the number of each item that can be purchased. Supermarkets are also trying to make it easier for the elderly and key workers to shop, by either restricting access to only those groups for the first hour, or allowing such groups in 30 minutes before opening the doors the the wider public.

The vast majority of people are abiding by the lock down rules and the streets are generally empty. Some of those that flouted the rules early on went on to actually become victims of the virus which I think a major impact on those looking to break the rules.

Toilet paper is short because it is short. 40 percent of TP usage used to be out of home at commercial establishments. Now with shelter in place we all use the loo at home. The supply chain for commercial TP is different from the home loo rolls so there is an actual shortage until they get that sorted. You can buy single ply commercial toilet paper on amazon and from some of your open eating facilites etc.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
People are still panic buying and hoarding here in Ohio. Saw it firsthand yesterday when I went shopping. Some people with 2 full carts of stuff - and despite signs on various displays, the cashiers are allowing people to go over limit...it's frustrating.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My subscription of Charmin Toilet Paper is on the way and due to arrive Friday. I checked Amazon today, and popular brands, including Charmin, are again in stock. Amazon Fresh delivery slots are still booked solid, so ordering groceries from Amazon still isn't an option, even with being an Amazon Fresh customer. But then, I'm a bit leary of using Amazon Fresh for groceries again as the last time I placed an order in October, it was cancelled as "we were unable to deliver your order." Really? No call from the driver they were unable to get into the building? Apparently, it's easy to miss the tenant phone panel inside the outer door which they can use to get admitted into the lobby.

My delivery Tuesday from FreshDirect again had everything I ordered.

I've had a craving for Chex Mix this week, so I included Wheat, Rice, and Corn Chex and Bagel Chips in my order for Tuesday. I was surprised all four were in stock. It remains to be seen whether they will still be in stock when they fill my order Monday night.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
when this started to happen here in Aus the hoarders went and bought up all the toiletpaper they could, some in excess of $20,000 worth so they could then profiteer via eBay and the likes.. well the gov put a ban on that so they can't sell it and the stores are refusing to give a refund to the hoarders who are now panicking and don't know what to do with their over surplus packets of TP and loss of money ...

and the Chinese hoarders who are here have been banned from exporting product back to China and all stores are limited to 1 or 2 items per customer.

so now, it is starting to get easier to get some TP and other products.

we just got some delivered from interstate ( after six weeks we were getting really low and couldn't get any anywhere locally )

hang in there HiveWarriors :inverted:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
when this started to happen here in Aus the hoarders went and bought up all the toiletpaper they could, some in excess of $20,000 worth so they could then profiteer via eBay and the likes.. well the gov put a ban on that so they can't sell it and the stores are refusing to give a refund to the hoarders who are now panicking and don't know what to do with their over surplus packets of TP and loss of money ...

I absolutely hate people who make profit from the misery of others. War profiteer are one of the most disgusting human species.

We have in the Supermarkets still everything here. What I begin to miss are stuff from other stores. The dog food for my dog as example. He has special food Which I used to buy it in a animalerie . Now he has only left for one week maybe . Try to order it, but out of stock this one. He has a very sensitive stomach and I hate to make experiments with other food . His previous owner really damage his stomach with wrong feeding. Now he vomit when eat something to heavy . We had so much pain to find for him the correct food and now this. Also both of our dogs (my husbands ones and my ,need to go to the veterinarian for their yearly vaccine. But the clinic's are only open for emergency :(
Also some garden stuff I miss . I would love to finish my garden here in our new house, but the supermarkets has only the basic stuff.
Also many stuff in our new house is still not finish and we really would love to finish it. But special stores are closed and so we live now with a chaos since we move here. Only bedroom and living room is finish. The rest delayed till further notice .:mad:
What makes me the most angry is the kitchen. I can cook and have a refrigerator , the rest is in cartons .
And now a new delay through the gov. till 11 of May.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Acana catfood and Orijen Freeze-Dried Cat Treats I buy for Tsuki have been in stock at Amazon. However, her litter has been difficult to get through Amazon for about a year now. Not sure what's up with that. I prefer the unscented EverClean, but Amazon was completely out of that when I needed to order more, so I ordered the scented. Then I realized I still had half a box (I forgot I moved where it's stored), so I'll mix the scented and unscented.

Unfortunately, I find cat litter reviews to be totally untrustworthy. So many people claim a litter is the absolute best, doesn't smell, and is great at clumping. But when I tried some of those best rated litters in the past, the litters were inadequate at clumping and failed utterly at odor control. You'd think Arm & Hammer would be great at odor control, but it was one of the worst. As soon as it got wet, it had the most awful smell.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hello,

I only starting online food shopping due to my being on the (UK) lock-in. They (the superstore) have changed the method of "priority acces" for us on the "list", and sent a me a link to use between 4pm-5pm today (for sat or sun delivery), but slot not guaranteed. So ordered early and got a slot for sat. I hope all those that need a delivery do get one.
My computer monitor arrived, so trying to get back into some 3d stuff. Have been learning(playing) more with Blender. I really like that programme now.

Anyway, I dont want to bore you, so off to play.

Take care, be safe. :flower04:

Hornet3d

Wise
Hello,

I only starting online food shopping due to my being on the (UK) lock-in. They (the superstore) have changed the method of "priority acces" for us on the "list", and sent a me a link to use between 4pm-5pm today (for sat or sun delivery), but slot not guaranteed. So ordered early and got a slot for sat. I hope all those that need a delivery do get one.
My computer monitor arrived, so trying to get back into some 3d stuff. Have been learning(playing) more with Blender. I really like that programme now.

Anyway, I dont want to bore you, so off to play.

Take care, be safe. :flower04:

Good luck on your delivery and I am really pleased your Monitor arrived.

McGyver

Energetic
My subscription of Charmin Toilet Paper is on the way and due to arrive Friday...

I was going to ask if you were joking, but I decided to Google “toilet paper subscription“ and apparently that’s a thing...

Is there an app for that?
I’m not looking that up, but if there isn’t, there will be... I’m guess one has to enter the data... or do they wear a sensor that detects... ah... I’m not going there... mainly because every time I make a ludicrous joke it turns out to be true on some level...
I‘m imagining the data collection on that and the headlines when the data eventually get hacked... “Millions Of Customers Of PooPal Have Their Pooping Data Stolen”

Yep... PooPal... cause what else would you call it.

I blame Abode for this... toilet paper subscription... indeed.

Do you actually own the toilet paper or does the EULA require you to return it when you are done using it?

I‘d be very happy to deliver the used portion in person.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
On Amazon, some Prime products can be ordered as a subscription (Subscribe & Save). Products are discounted an additional percent when purchased as a subscription. You specify how often it should be delivered and can later adjust/skip deliveries. I was having Toilet Paper ordered every 2 months, Oregon Chai ordered every 2 months (alternating 2 months). I also used to have Tsuki's cat litter delivered on a Subscribe & Save, until it was no longer available through Subscribe & Save. However, her Acana cat food and Orijin treats are now available through Subscribe & Save, so I have those scheduled now too.

I'd mirror what Hornet3d and Steve M are saying about the UK, after the initial panic buying it soon settled.
All the big shops are open and have plenty of stuff, some are even doing special offers on TP.

As for obeying the rules, our areas PCSO (like a policeman) said locally people are being so well behaved he's bored!
Horrible stuff like burglaries are down 85%, but reports of alleged rule breaches from the self styled fun-police have skyrocketed and most are beyond petty minded.

That's the part I'm finding it hard to deal with.
Moreso when their actions have now lead to questions over whether people will be allowed to keep working/be in their sheds, gardens and garages.
So I've been beavering away to get my workbench project finished, as it's looking likely that our lockdown is going to get locked down even more :(

It's now 99% done, just the fencing system to bolt into place.
Which is a shame in some ways as this highlights what communitys can do.
Especially as, apart from £12.50's worth of new stud timber for the frame, (as the piccy shows) it's made from recycled, donated and scrounged stuff.
newbench.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
I was going to ask if you were joking, but I decided to Google “toilet paper subscription“ and apparently that’s a thing...

Is there an app for that?
I’m not looking that up, but if there isn’t, there will be... I’m guess one has to enter the data... or do they wear a sensor that detects... ah... I’m not going there... mainly because every time I make a ludicrous joke it turns out to be true on some level...
I‘m imagining the data collection on that and the headlines when the data eventually get hacked... “Millions Of Customers Of PooPal Have Their Pooping Data Stolen”

Yep... PooPal... cause what else would you call it.

I blame Abode for this... toilet paper subscription... indeed.

Do you actually own the toilet paper or does the EULA require you to return it when you are done using it?

I‘d be very happy to deliver the used portion in person.
I prefer Scott Tissue myself. 1000 sheets per roll instead of 400. You could just order online for tissue directly from the store, like Walmart, Costco or CVS.