• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Flower Texture Expansion Sets for Lisa's Botanicals

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Once I get a few things squared away, I have something big coming on the horizon.

I will probably be doing Lisa's fairy flowers next or the tulips.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Desertsilver

The Jungle Heat textures as do all my textures work in both 3Delight and Iray as well as Superfly and Firefly render engines.
One texture set will work in both render engines without bogging down your render times with heavy shaders.

If you really want to make them look awesome check out
2-sided Vegetation Iray Shade-A phd Creation at HiveWire3D

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Lisa's Botanicals Daylily Model + Frills Texture Expanison - SubDivided Iray level 2 Sharp Edges and Corners. This is from the same texture set as the ones used by Lyne in the above in Poser PP2014. I do suggest looking at her magnificent creation on full view!! CWRW has also used several sets in the Whisper promos for the dayliles.
main copy.jpg

Last edited:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Thanks for the quick reply, just went and bought the lilies--- they are wonderful work.

Wow, I'm going to have to get that Iray veggie shader now too! Next week...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Desertsilver COOL! Thanks!! Enjoy and have fun with them!! I know I did creating them LOL ......

Yeah, those shaders are really awesome. There should be another set out at some point, but I'm not quite sure when.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yap it's about that time again!

Tulips textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips. Really early rough start right now haven't looked at the transmaps changed out the leaves/stamens or done the bumps. I'm looking at doing some pastels and maybe some parrot tulips, but will have to check out if I can do them on the transmaps.
Tulips6 copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Flint and Miss B.

Ok needs some input about bump settings and transmaps.

I've used three different bump settings on each of the renders which one do you guys think looks best?
blue.png
mixed.png
Purple.png
Yewllow.png

These are the parrot version transmaps I can make them subtle or I can make them more extreme up to you guys as to how much or little you want. I still have to try the frills version.
Mixed5.png
mixed  transmaps3.png
mixed  transmaps.png

Tulips6.png

Tulips7.png

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, as far as the bump settings go, I don't like the stronger bump on the tulip petals, but do like the stronger bump on the green leaves as the leaves, IRL, aren't as "delicate" as the flower petals themselves.

As far as the transmap settings go, I like the last 2 (4 and 5) better than the first 3. In fact, the 3rd one made me think of alien plants with claws.

Just my 2¢ FWIW. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...love the plain purple and the blue especially they're my favourites.

I'm going to disagree with Miss B and say reduce the bump on the petals. Petals aren't smooth so you need some bump just less than what you have.

I like the last two transmap settings best but I'm not seeing alien plants with claws...what I am seeing though is lots of different settings in the first three. Is there more than one transmap on those flowers?

I really like the way these are developing and as I said absolutely love the plain colours. Have you thought of splitting these into two packs? A plain pack and then a fancier pack with all the patterns?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the input guys!

The set with the different transmaps is just rather to show variety with them and how they would look together.

Not sure if I will split them up.............. I will have to see, but have been rather kicking around the idea of possibly doing a release with pinks, reds, fuschias for around Valentine's Day with the parrot transmapped versions, and then the plain purple, yellow, blue, pink for around Easter. I do have some solid varieties in the works, but haven't hashed those out all the way yet as they keep looking rather flat.

I also have the daffodils and crocus, but haven't pulled the templates on those as of yet that would go with the Easter theme, but those are sold packaged together so a double set essentially with two different models..