• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I made a Frankenhorse for you Pen :) (I did stop it when it was only about 20% in but you get the idea).

This is just a Daz fabric shader, I think if it was a proper texture it would look better (that way you could control the direction of the scales) but I think i worked out how do the iridescence by using this shader. They have a rainbow type image in the top coat. (I think you'd see it better if I had chosen different lighting). I used a tail I had for G2F and just tried to make it work.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous Rae...did you use one of the mermaid tails from Genesis or V4? That looks very cool...I like the way you used the mane to look like kelp...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was a Genesis tail (G2F I think) and the mane is from the HW Kelpie, I just made the black mane white and tinted in in Daz with the same green the fabric was.
I'm going to test my theory about the iridescence in a different render shortly :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I thought it might be the kelpie mane...really beautiful work. Can't wait to see the render!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
It reminds me a bit of this little guy I painted a long long time ago in Photoshop. Don't look there's a bit of pixel fuzz floating around =P!

hip copy51rtfgdf.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Beautiful NapalmArsenal :) I could really see you working magic on my Franki if i let it render fully :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks! Took a bit of doing to get them as I wanted. Then had to do that long process of vector anchors and delete anchors to get the smooth appearance, but I should of gone back and did it to the legs as well it would make them more smooth. Oh well!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I would like to see a coat like this. I have been kicking it around in my head, but shrug getting the shaders right would probably take a while and then you need to do the hair work.
This is from like 100 years ago lol a bit toony with the cell shading.

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
While I just stopped doing school stuff and probably should be busy converting some stuff for someone but threw this together very quickly...your hooves inspired the thought that it would be good to have matching fetlocks if the mane was going to be used. Couldn't actually share this as I borrowed the trans from sparky's Kelpie but this gives the general idea...it's not a good job just something quick so I could share the idea. It really has been just thrown together so look at the idea not the execution please...I'm not thinking exactly the same as this but make the fetlocks look seaweedy rather than hair. edited to add it would need the right texture to go with it...a seahorse that hides amongst the seaweed and uses it for camouflage...
fetlock.jpg

edited to also add...I like your image...it would be good if we could somehow make the mane sparkle...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would like to see a coat like this. I have been kicking it around in my head, but shrug getting the shaders right would probably take a while and then you need to do the hair work.
I like that shade of blue, and the sparkles in the mane and tail are a nice touch. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sigh, Pen (LOL) ...... Now you got me thinking ............ wonder if you could make feathers fetlocks, tail, and mane? Sort of like a Pho Hawk style.

I also wonder if you could add some moprhs to the hooves and make them more like fin shaped. Percy Jackson images. I think these are well proportioned. Sometimes they look a little funny with huge belly/upper body and small tail.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think there is lots we could do with the fetlocks and mane...feathers is a great idea. The job I did was really a botch job copied a rectangle from Sparky's trans map and just duplicated it and free transformed as I went to do it properly I'd need to know which piece went where and individualise it more. After seeing your image I want to find a way to make the mane sparkle but all these ideas will have to wait a bit longer until I finish Diva.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yeah same for me!! Good ideas though I think!! I will have to look at Harry's map and see if you can do a mat for them at some point!!

I think I might have an idea of how to do the sparkling mane, but will have to work with it a bit.