• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
whoops, forgot to add the pix :p (thumbnails so click to made larger to view details better)
test.jpg test3.png test2.png
The settings are what the blue mane is but for the coat there is not metallic just the top coat. The pic with just the 2 horses has the same image in the top coat added to the metallic instead of the blue so the flakes are iridescent too (flakes made larger as well, kinda reminds me of an opal :D).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Finished my second pack and put a request in the Beta Tester's forum.

Now I think for fun I will do an image of Harry with a fantasy set on him. :)

Always ready to test the Daz stuff if needed :) (love playing with Harry)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Very Very NICE Rae!!! I love the sparkle on the mane with three and the blue coat of them in the picture!!

Awesome!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Napalm Arsenal , I took the inspiration from the image you posted :)

(it is the Frisian coat that I coloured blue in Photoshop and brought back to Daz with the iridescent top coat that gives it the peacock like colours over the darker bits)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, a thought on that blue texture...if done in Poser can it be made to look like sparkles using the noise node?
I think it was baggansbill who did a sparkle effect that way on something in a forum.

Just wanted to add a link to that post from BB on sparkles in Poser...
fairy dust/glitter

I am gonna try it just for fun.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Great tip Faery!! =)

I will have to experiment with that!

You can also use the noise node in Poser to make an instant fur like texture.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've just tried on the mane and tail in Poser, the noise node makes sparkles but you need to adjust the setting for what you need in size of sparkles.
It works on the coat too but so far mine is too much so I'll attempt to adjust.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
BTW ladies, I posted in the Poser Software forum that PoserPro 11's got a new update, as well as Poser Content.

It's not official until tomorrow, but I saw a post at RDNA about it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by light settings NA, but I have read threads over at RDNA stating they're different (as in different types of lights) for SuperFly renders. IIRC, some only us a distant light and a dome environment when rendering with SuperFly, whereas with FireFly, the default setup is usually 4 lights, IBL, Spec, Shadow and Light 4, which I believe is a spot light.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
If you are using your favorite Firefly light set up in P11 and rendering in Firefly- no difference that I have seen at least. Now if you use those same lights in Superfly, I have actually had some favorably interesting results. That 4 white horse piece I posted a bit ago was using one of my usual Firefly light set ups but just rendered in Superfly. Def worth spending sometime messing around with that all.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, Poser 9 reads/sets them one way poser 10 a different way 2014 pro another, and then Superfly reads/has them set up a totally different way. If only, there was one set that did well for all programs! Lol ....... not asking for much am I?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, I basically did two sets of textures for the Mada outfit based on how superfly has the light settings. LOL so they are P11 compatible and the texture we were having the most problems with was white and silver. I suppose, I need a crash course in lighting !

It's easy for me to do it in 2D so why can't I transfer it. Just a little frustrating at times.

I will for sure check those settings out.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well if you get more comfortable with lighting, you can always create your own light setup. No one says you HAVE to use the default setups for each version of Poser.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
If you are using your favorite Firefly light set up in P11 and rendering in Firefly- no difference that I have seen at least. Now if you use those same lights in Superfly, I have actually had some favorably interesting results. That 4 white horse piece I posted a bit ago was using one of my usual Firefly light set ups but just rendered in Superfly. Def worth spending sometime messing around with that all.
Yeah, that one is just heavenly!! I really like it!! You are right.

Well if you get more comfortable with lighting, you can always create your own light setup. No one says you HAVE to use the default setups for each version of Poser.

Very true!!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Still trying to get a few things done before posting new renders.
My keyboard was not working here but was on FB, had to reboot my mad machine to get it working right.

Trying a couple of things for that sparkle look for the mane, tail and fets.
Somewhere on RDNA baggansbill showed a set-up to make sparkles in the material room.
DS may have something similar.
I think it would look great if it can be done. :)