• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
A thread to share ideas and WIPs for Fantasy textures for Harry... wasn't sure if it belongs in the Developing for Harry forum or in the It's about the art forum....but right now it's in Developing for Harry.

This was all being talked about in the Render thread, and it was taking on a life of its own, with so much great input from so many people!

So, I decided to move it over here for people to share ideas - you can also feel free to branch out into your own WIP threads for products you're actually developing for Harry, or keep them here :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Needed to do something so I put this together to show the horses in my next pack.
There are two shots of the same horse to show left and right sides.

TrioHWH.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Actually the fetlocks are white but I forgot to change the fets, mane and tail colors before the render...lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am currently working on this set in Poser, wish I had someone to do the DS set...sigh.
Makes me confused to do both sometimes.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Rae, those are nice!

Gotta show one more, I was playing with the material room nodes just to see what I could do and got this.
The mane, tail and fetlocks are Harry's but the rest is mine except the backgroundView attachment 1951 .
Might play in DS and see if I can duplicate the spots with their shader system.

I tried to get this effect in DS but no luck.
This will soon be posted on sharecg as a freebie in both formats, minus the spots in DS.
I made mane, tail and fetlocks for the set too.
If someone wants to play in DS and create those spots it is ok and it can be redistributed as a freebie.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You would probably need a mask of some sort Faery Light...the spot brick in shader mixer isn't something I've had a lot of luck with.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This isn't a finished render of Harry it's more of an experiment but I really like the way the shaders look...so I wanted to share. This is an Iray render with some of the shaders I have bought...don't look to closely at the ears as that was a five minute job in zbrush and needs work. But doesn't Harry look gorgeous with golden scales...we need some fantasy textures. Also would love some add ons to make Harry into a hippocampus...

mermaid ears with irayshaders.jpg