• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool...first I need to finish Diva though for now I'm taking a break from the computer for a little while.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just saw your images don't know how I missed them earlier...I was thinking smart props? Maybe? For the front hooves?
The back parts could all be part of the tail somehow...I'm not sure if we'd need a separate neck frill to replace the man or if the mane would do what I'm thinking of...but for now I'm off to have a nanna nap!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh, yeah that sounds like a good idea!! I had not thought about smart props, those could be interesting and give a neat effect! Well, off for now bedtime!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, that blue horse is the shade of one in a fantasy pack I'm still working on.
Later I'll put together an image of some of the fantasy sets I'm doing and y'all can tell me if you really think you want them. :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I happen to like that "midnight blue" color for a fantasy texture. At least that's what I'd call it. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here s a promo image from the original Milhorse pack with a shade of blue nearly like that.
These are all in the process of being transferred for Harry.
And also one pack will have like stained glass on his coat.
Bur at present I am finishing pack II for the horse sets and then some other projects.
I kind of work back and forth because trying to stay with one soon gets me making mistakes and I get aggravated so switch to something else for a bit. :laugh:
DazPg-1.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Nice textures Faery Light! I think I like the one in the middle best!

Ok ......... this bugged the heck out of me last night, but hehe I sort of have a workable starting point. I will most likely change the feather lengths to get different styles. I could also probably use different feathers for different effects. Just experimenting with these hawk feathers I had laying about and will need to adjust the widths and colors. No spec or bump maps on them atm.

Can't do anything until I get finished with my current projects.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The very top one and that gold one are already converted but needs some adjusting.
And I've considered trying to craft a prop for them to stand on and smart-propping them to it so they look like stature. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks! LOL for after I get finished with current ones! I just wanted to see if I could do it. The fetlocks will probably be the worst of it, but I'm thinking more bird like with the soft down for the fets. Will have to see. Kelp or seaweed hair and fets is looking pretty good!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh had not thought of that FL! It's possible yes. Though, I will most likely start with the scales and see if I can get a workable set down as a texture. Would look awesome with Ken's wings!!

Lots to do before now and then though.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Finished my second pack and put a request in the Beta Tester's forum.

Now I think for fun I will do an image of Harry with a fantasy set on him. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ok, I did my little test, the iridescence works better on darker colours (it hardly showed up on the white, made the blue look peacock and the black like an oil-slick :D) Rendered in Iray (Iray settings so wont work in 3Delight but someone else might know how to do it)

Last edited: