• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light's Dawn projects

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
FL, have you tried this with the one you created with poser putty tool
Load your cr2 in DS.
Export as object using DS scale and then import the object back in using Morph Loader?

I do this all the time with morphs from artists who only create poser injections. It generally works...

If it's exploding it sounds like it may be a scaling issue...

With the dial spun I wouldn't know where to start except maybe to load your cr2 and copy the settings from that into a DS Dawn. The cr2 should hopefully open with DS numbers instead of Poser...then save as a preset.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well now Birkitta has her morphs too as well as skin. :)
In Poser I created the INJ at three different settings so the user can apply without adjusting the dial, if they prefer.

Here are some image from the Poser version.
Just click the thumbnail to enlarge.
I did not do large renders since they are just to show the morph at different settings. :)
BirKitta dial  0.5 Percent.png BirKitta dial  1.0 Percent.png BirKitta dial  1.2Percent.png BirKitta side 0.5 Percent.png BirKitta side 1.0 Percent.png BirKitta side 1.2 Percent.png

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have an add-on face morph pack for dusk But it needs a bit of tweaking.
When I'm sure it looks and loads right I will post it in resources, free. :)
Now, more news on Birkitta...all finished and will soon ask for testers but at present I am setting up my promo pz3 sets.
I hate doing promos. :roflmao:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Arrgh!
I made a set of horns wayyyy back in time for v3 and m3 so I've decided to fit them to Dawn and Dusk.
They work fine as a smart prop for both but I discovered a wee bit of a problem.
The horns need adjusting in relation to each other so the fit better.
I tried again in silo (trial version) to adjust them but when I saved them out as a new object set they won't import to Poser.
I am not a modeler for sure but I wish I could fix these so when this creature set is ready the horns can go with them.
That is the Dusk creature wearing the set.

Kyros2.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I tried again in silo (trial version) to adjust them but when I saved them out as a new object set they won't import to Poser.

Where you trying to add them as a morph to the original set? Or were you trying to make a whole new set? If it was a morph, you probably accidentally added or removed a vertex.

They are very cool looking by the way, so I hope you can get them working.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The horns have been grouped.
I didn't realize the when I placed each horn two were slightly off in relation to the matching one on the other side, makes them a bit lopsided when placed on the head.
One of the back ones is the worst.
I tried to fix them again in Silo but forgot how to ungroup in order to place them, then regroup as a prop.

There is an obj, a cr2 and a prop for te set to make it easy to use for other characters if desired.

I just am not a modeler...lol.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, it may be a bit of work but I'd ungroup them and have each one load only with it's mirror and put each group on it's own rotation to move them. Lock out the X rotations so they can't be moved from side to side but the Y and Z rotations may come in handy for variations in body and head shapes others may want to use.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm thinking of doing that but I may just use one horn, go into poser and set it all up there.
That way I can see where each goes in relation to the other.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm guessing that Poser can mirror objects? If so just set up your individual horns on just one side and then use the mirroring tools to get it over to the other side. Group the whole thing and save out as a prop. If your going to make a conformer that would def help with various head shapes and body sizes

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, perhaps a smart prop is the way to go. IIRC this method causes the prop to scale and move with the character pretty well!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I took each set back into silo and fixed the problem.
It just needed me remembering how to do it. :laugh:
Now I will work on smart propping again.

I want a character files too but every time I take it into the set-up room and out again I get the 'set-up" prop part and forgot how to do that so it works right.
Ah well, just need for my foggy brain to work right a bit.

I will add in the readme that if anyone wants to create morphs (that is ti twist or bend or something) as an add-on pack it is okay. Or if they want to make more textures as an add-on pack.

Now I can get back to finishing the creature set, add the horns and have it ready before Halloween. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ugh, I forgot it needs UV mapped again.
Everything is mapped so the horn is connected to the base.
I need the bases and horns separate on mapping.
My UV mapper is the free one.
blender has one and silo does but I have no idea how that works.

EDIT:I just found the UV maps I had created for them both.
My poor brain is foggy and getting worse, hope I get my meds to help soon.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I fixed the set but the uv map is not good and I have no idea on the correct way to unwrap for a good map...sigh.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Send the OBJ to me. I'll see what I can do...

ramarts44 at gmail dot com