• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light's Dawn projects

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
In addition to trying to finish this one, I wanted to convert my Sylvanna for Dawn to HiverWire but noticed that the face morph is the same one for Aurore.
If I get a correct face morph the promos are all that need converted to the correct sizes (I think maybe all new ones).

I went to work in DS and got a nice face but when I exported it out as a DAZ obj the used morph loader to import it, it was rejected...sigh.
My brain is foggy once again or I would have remembered the necessary steps.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That is so annoying isn't it?! I get brain fade a lot these days and it drives me batty. Considering that inside me I am still an 16 year old rock chick, the outside aging and brain fade is such a shock :(

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I worked in Poser to do a morph, now if I can rember how to convert to DS...sigh.
Here is what the Poser version looks like, will post the DS o0ne later if the storms pass but that sky is dark at present.
The texture and morph is mine, Sylvanna for Dawn, dressis by Lully and that is the Wild Orchid Hair from DAZ.
Click on image for full view.

Sweet Sylvanna-01 .jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I still haven't managed to get the morph into DS.
For the life of me I can't get it right! :mad:

Lorraine

That sucks for you, FL! And yet I know it can be done because I buy Poser only characters and make DS characters out of them using Morph Loader. I export an obj of the morph out of Poser, then import the obj into the DS figure using Morph Loader.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I tried that several times and still can't get it right.
It is the way I usually do it.
Here is the final morph that I want in DS.
Sweet Sylvanna-02.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Every time I use the Morph Loader Pro and add it to my Dawn, she explodes when I apply the dial setting.
And I know I have done this many time without problems so it is frustrating..

Lorraine

I'll bet it's frustrating :( I've never had the exploding Dawn happen, I do hope there will be someone who's way more experienced than I who can help. What about putting a help wanted thread in the DS forum, peeps might see it better there.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
All looks great so far.

On the iRay VS 3DL.... Your iRay actually looks really good while the 3DL (one page back) looks very red, like sunburn. To me it looks like a simple color issue, it's obviously not on the Diffuse channel so scroll down and look for any red that might be causing this. What you can do, if your up for it, is to post your settings for both the iRay and 3DL and I can look them over. I'm no expert but I really struggled with my Bruna character to get her looking good in both and asked tons of questions over at the DAZ forums about why this was happening and why that was happening.

For the exploding issue. If you made the morph in Poser scale are you importing it to DAZ using Poser scale? That's all I can think of. I know that morphs like Bruna and other shapes I made for Dawn did not come over well as I save out in C4D scale since that's ZBrush's default and that's what I primarily work in. So then I had to export the shape from DAZ Studio in Poser scale and just added a P at the end of the obj names to differentiate between the two in my saved obj folder.

Hope you figure out what's going on with you health wise. It's no fun being in the dark. Last year when I was getting used to having autonomic nervous system issues my mind was going nuts trying to figure all of it out. My doctor was the one that finally gave it a name and Stanford confirmed it. Through diet and Lexapro I'm pretty stable these days but it was MONTHS of tests to figure it out. This years diagnosis is type 2 diabetes. Aging is so fun! lmao

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
RAMWolff, the color issue was in my render settings, once I discovered what it was I corrected it. :)
Still don't know why Dawn keeps exploding on that morph.
I can save it as a character but not as a morph asset, as a character it works fine.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well glad you got the color issue figured out. Not had any issues with the Morph Asset saves as that's about all I use for creating characters. That is odd.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think it is just me doing something wrong, may take a day or so for my brain fog to clear.
When it does I will figure it out. :laugh:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think I will give up trying to make it DS compatible and just finish it for Poser.
Nothing is going right for me in DS. :cry:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, different strategy, saved out as a Figure/Prop asset.
Now I need to figure how to get the morphs into one dial setting instead of several...sigh.
If I can succeed with her I will be able to start converting some of my other products for DS.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, so your trying to get stuff OVER to DS. On your import dialog you do have it set to Poser scale?

On your prop just import the morphs via the Morph Loader Pro dialog....
Morph Loader Pro 01.jpg
Morph Loader Pro 02.jpg
Morph Loader Pro 03.jpg