• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
These aren't the actual promos just some renders that may or may not end up in a promo.
Doe head 50% with Diva Skin
doehead 50percent diva skin.jpg

Liliana at 70% with her skin
Liliana 70percent diva skin.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine I really love the way she works with the Lilliana morph and texture she looks more Sprite than child though.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Cute! I've done a render using Fawna's mats but never thought to dial any Fawna in! Diva does make a sweet elven/sprite/fairy with the fantasy mats :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks that she does...mind you even with a custom shape for her in the fairy outfit I had to add a push modifier as the leotard was poking through around the chest.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey Pen, I can't remember if its been said (heaps of pages to go through again :)) but when Diva is available do you need Dawn or Luna as well? (I have Dawn but not Luna)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Diva is a morph for Dawn...I used
Luna in her creation which is why I'm doing this as a commercial product. Hive wire have been really great and Paul has helped with converting her to Poser.

You shoul be able to get her working with just Dawn. I believe NA doesn't have Luna but she hasn't had any issues...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cool, thanks Pen, I really don't have a need just yet for a baby/toddler so haven't got Luna yet (she is wishlisted :) but Diva is just the right age I have in mind for a couple of renders :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
So I was taking a break on the poser mats which I have a basic mat setup done for. I still want to see if I can do a sss one for Poser though
EzSkin 2 and 3 can be a great help here. But for Dawn I always (anything not FF) had to use mask for SSS on face, or had carrot color around eyes. (Iray mats for DawnSE use it too.)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Well, my bad. Threre no SSS mask in Iray mats, but I was shure it was here :oops: And why I was so shure in it???:confused:

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Not sure I've see iirc sss colour maps but I'm not really sure how they are used
in a mix-style SSS materials - you mix basic diffuse/glossy skin with SSS component(s) where you feed this map(s). In DIU (Daz Iray Uber) it will be transmitted color in volume section. (If I'm not mistaking again :) )
In Poser it will be blend (mix) between basic skin and Scatter where SSS color map plugged in scatter.
It's kind of dermis map, if diffuse map is epidermis map. But it is somehow legacy.
The thing is that with good (scan-based) diffuse map it is unnecessary, because such map already has all needed information. And weight (grayscale SSS) map is used to compensate differencies in geomerty between human body and model (eyes area, brows...).
For some older characters I mixed this SSS color maps with diffuse maps to get good results.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the info I believe one of the merchant resources at daz had that type of map. I always wondered how they were used.