• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wonder, being Diva is a little girl, maybe all the work is sort of "done" and a little boy would be more 'just' morphs (ie: different face shapes?) and skin?

And speaking of morphs... will Dawn's HEAD/FACE dials work on Diva? I may have missed this in some pages if anyone has already addressed this... ?

First, yes Dawn's head dials will work but you need to be careful dialing them in. I find that somewhere around the 50% mark works great.
CGHead morphs with Diva in poser...

another with random CGhead morphs and diva.png

And for those after a little dusk...understand this is very early work just loading up Luna and playing with dials. It will need to be done properly in Zbrush as some of the morphs can't be used.
Lyne, in answer to your question about is it needed. Some of the muscles are different for the males and females so it is hard to get a male character on Diva with muscle tone. Also the head shape is quite different which I like. Texture used is the male Luna texture.
dusk child everyday pose.jpg
dusk child with Dog.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Also I'm beginning to think of names for little Dusk...preferably something that begins with D. I've thought of Derek, Dave, Davo(very Australian), Devin but none of them are jumping out at me. Suggestions please...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well you chose Diva for little Dawn so how about Dude for Dusk? LOL Diva and Dude sittin' a tree, K I S S I N G.... ! :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...@Ram...so funny. Thanks for the suggestions though both of you.

Dennis brings back images of that little blonde Dennis the Menace character...Maybe....a Danny though!

OMG Miss B that brings back memories of when I was young...Donny Osmond...what a blast from the past!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I wasn't even thinking of him. How funny! I was just trying to find a young version of a man's name starting with "D" that hadn't been mentioned yet. :lol:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Reminds me of first and second forms in high school when all the girls had humongous crushes on him, his brothers and the Jacksons. Oh funny times...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
And David Cassidy and the Partridge Family. He was my big crush :inlove:

Your young lad looks swell! I like Davo for his name...very Aussie indeed.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh yes...how could I forget David. :wub:

I like Davo too Lorraine but I'm not sure that people from other places would get the aussie humor in it. I also like Derek and Dude. I'm waiting for him to tell me his name if that makes sense but I love seeing everyone's suggestions as I'm not sure what it will be at this point. When I made real soft sculptured dolls they would normally tell me there names...I know sounds weird at some point.

Lorraine

No weirder than Seliah and Satira ;) I'm sure he will tell you his name when he is good and ready :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Some more morphs...
Pointy Chin
pl pointy chin.jpg

Pointy Chin with negative value
pl pointy chin dialed negative.jpg

pointy Chin wide: slight wider at the base of the chin and from memory along the jawline. I would see this morph being used at lower levels than what I have dialed in here.
pl pointy chin wide.jpg

pointy chin wide at a negative value...

pl pointy chin wide negative.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There is only one cheek morph and was a request from NA for apple cheeks. Again this is dialed in at full value but I think would get the most use dialed in partially.
pl apple cheeks.jpg

Lorraine

Wow, I've never dialed in those negative values, Pen, they really give her a different look!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I didn't until today...I accidently did it when returning it to zero and really liked the effect. Here's one with the negative values with apple cheeks. I think it looks rather good...
pl apple cheeks with negative pCwide.jpg

Lorraine

It gives her a completely different look! Still cute as a button but there's another whole person in them there dials :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...there is and so far I haven't used any of Dawn's morphs just the ones that come with Diva.
Another two...first one is just a side view of the last one. the second is having dialed in turned up nose.
wider nose with negative value pcwsideview.jpg

wider nose with negative value pcwsideview turnup nose.jpg