• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
And the front view...which I think is really sweet and gives a younger look.
wider nose with negative value pcwfront turnup nose.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Finished rendering my morphs so I thought I show some of the ways you can mix Diva with Dawn's morph.
CreatureBirdHead at 50%
Dawns CretureHeadbird 50 percent with Diva.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...this time something a bit different. This is baby Luna's Elfin outfit which has been converted to Diva via autofit using the Baby Luna clone which will be part of the Diva Package. This is how it autoconverts using Baby Luna and Dvl_Lvd's dress template. Apart from the tunic everything else could use the Hivewire Templates. No smoothing has been added. Hair is Zac hair...edited to add. I know that I can provide custom shapes for items in DS by providing my data files. I still have to investigate if I can do injection files for the outfits in Poser using the techniques I did for Diva's injections.
Elfin with Diva ears 1.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
One more and then I need to work on exporting the materials over to poser.
Traci's cute sleeper suit for Baby Luna...
Glitterati's sleeper suit for Luna.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like that turned up nose. ;)

OK, I'm off here for the nite. Have to get up for an early appointment tomorrow. See you guys in the afternoon some time.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Wow!!! Just wow!! and don't get me wrong, but Diva as she is, with a different skins just seems to look like a little boy to me...maybe I haven't seen enough kids in my life, but VERY YOUNG kids can look male or female to me... (but I've NOT been around a lot of children in my life) ANYWAY, you have made Diva so diverse that I'm just going crazy with anticipation! oooo my muse just showed me a pic with Diva and her baby sister! :)

and I vote for Devon ... guess it's just kinda neat to have DiVa and DeVon... ? :)

Thanks so much for showing me (us) ALL these!!!!!!!!!! woooooo ! :happyflip:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ladies...
Wow!!! Just wow!! and don't get me wrong, but Diva as she is, with a different skins just seems to look like a little boy to me...maybe I haven't seen enough kids in my life, but VERY YOUNG kids can look male or female to me... (but I've NOT been around a lot of children in my life)
Hey Lyne, skins are probably very similar. The main reason I decided to go ahead with a boy is the musculature in a boy is different to a girl. I can only tell you that someone who is working on a project which she was using Diva for commented on it and it made a lot of sense and played into my decision to do one of each character. Having playing with Dusk in relation to this I've noticed that the child created does look more like a boy to me than what Diva does. I can't really pinpoint any one thing. Also if people want to create more muscled characters it will be useful for them.
As you possibly know I do work with kids. I teach grade 1/2 it's very rare that you will get a child that it's hard to tell which they are unless they are very young(read baby here) as they get older they develop distinct personalities. I have seen one or two children where it's difficult to tell but it is very rare. I have made Diva look like she is a boy on occasion and some of it comes down to hair and clothes but there are also subtle differences.
Here's a boy I made with Diva...he's very similar to a boy who I used to teach but in comparison is much more effeminate than the child I knew. lol...I just realised it looks like this character has nail polish on her toes as it's so shiny.
Asian boy on the beachsml.jpg

ANYWAY, you have made Diva so diverse that I'm just going crazy with anticipation! oooo my muse just showed me a pic with Diva and her baby sister! :)
Thanks Lyne I did additional morphs so that even if someone doesn't have the Dawn morphs they can get slightly different characters with her. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with her.
and I vote for Devon ... guess it's just kinda neat to have DiVa and DeVon... ? :)
Interesting thought Diva and Devon...they do kind of match.
Thanks so much for showing me (us) ALL these!!!!!!!!!! woooooo ! :happyflip:
Thanks I'm really glad that you like them. I'm getting closer to being able to submit them I need to pack up the textures for ds and get them to the testers and I'm beginning to get a handle on working in the material room. As it gets closer I admit to feeling nervous about submitting my little girl and how she will be received...it's the first time I've ever submitted anything as a vendor. So your comment means a lot!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram...sitting here with a cuppa and just waking up before I start on doing some of the jobs I need to do with Diva.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
It's so funny with all the different locations... I'm in California and it's almost 2:30 PM here! lol

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
As it gets closer I admit to feeling nervous about submitting my little girl and how she will be received...it's the first time I've ever submitted anything as a vendor. So your comment means a lot!

My guess is that she will be received with a lot of "Gimme Gimme - MINE!!!" ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
My guess is that she will be received with a lot of "Gimme Gimme - MINE!!!" ;)

:yeahthat: !!!!!!!!!!!

Your right... re: boy look vs girls... and re-reading my own words, it almost sounds like I was saying Dive looks like a boy...I did NOT mean that at all!!! (in case youi or anyone thought that!) I just meant could she, with morphs be transformed...but I sure do take your point, especially being around that age children a LOT in your career! I "bow" to your knowledge! :)

oh and I can appreciate your nervousness, it's natural, because Diva is YOUR BABY...and to put her out there is like putting a part of you out for acceptance in the world... I think most modelers/mappers feel that way (at least if they have 'normal' ...or even minimal egos!) Bust rest assured, SHE WILL BE LOVED and sought after!!

HUGS!!

ps...now you must have reassured me at some point...but "submitting the ds" ... um...she WILL be for Poser too, right? (sorry for my wonky memory and my lack of time to re-read all the posts...!) :oops:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...she is for Poser too! The morphs have been done and tested for a while. I just finished the DS mats and now need to do the Poser ones. The mats and trying to get some clothing sorted has been what has held up her release. It's not too difficult for DS as I can provide the clones that I use for getting Luna and Dusk stuff on to Dawn but Poser is a bit different. Cutie Pie is dynamic in Poser though and Traci is going to do her outfits for Poser also. So she should have lots of clothes to begin with. Both sets will be freebies.

Edited to add it's also fairly easy to add morph shapes to an outfit in DS and just providing the data files for my morph should be okay and I was thinking about seeing if I could convert those shapes into injections but I will see about that once I have Diva submitted.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I've packed up the DS textures and sent them to the testers and since then been working on promos today as my brain wasn't in gear enough to deal with learning Poser.
JoJo texture with VW's African Head 2 dialed at 50% with Diva.
jojovwAfricanH2 50percent.jpg

JoJo with VW's African Head 4 at 50%
jojovwAfricanH4 50percent.jpg

JoJo with VW's African head 6 at 50%
jojovwAfricanH650percent.jpg

JoJo with VWAfrican H8 at 50%
jojovwAfricanH8 50percent.jpg