• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Discussion about content

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
its prob something I'm doing wrong (because I don't really use poser and when I do its HW products) but when I, say, click on LF's leg to adjust a premade pose, it twist weirdly as nothing else is moving like the foot would with other figures (selecting the foot seems to be ok because I've had to move that to change pose for different shoes and the toes move with the foot)
IK is on. Go up the Figure> Use Inverse Kinematics and uncheck the 4 of them and you will be good to go without twisty weird crap going on. It's funny, in Poser IK works almost TOO good and in DS it's been a struggle forEVER! lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
its prob something I'm doing wrong (because I don't really use poser and when I do its HW products) but when I, say, click on LF's leg to adjust a premade pose, it twist weirdly as nothing else is moving like the foot would with other figures (selecting the foot seems to be ok because I've had to move that to change pose for different shoes and the toes move with the foot)

I don't use LaFemme, but I've heard her IK doesn't work well. Works perfectly with Dawn, though, and that's all I care for. LOL

I can't honestly say I've ever used La Femme or La Homme. I'm a Dawn and Dusk user. Still, I do wonder whether the artists who make the figures for Poser even listen t what the users are saying.

Her rigging was done by Charles "Chuck" Taylor, and I know he's the best in what he does. I was initially eager to give LF a try, until I tried to make a body sculpt for her and found myself fighting her topology. Nope, not for me. If I can't sculpt it, I can't use it. To be able to sculpt a figure with grid-like mesh, I would first have to subdivide her like crazy a-la-zBrush, and [I believe] this is unacceptable in this day and age. What were they thinking? Sculpting was not supposed to be painful. I can sculpt Dawn at default resolution, and at no time I am fighting her edge flow. That's when I know I have a good figure.

IK is on. Go up the Figure> Use Inverse Kinematics and uncheck the 4 of them and you will be good to go without twisty weird crap going on. It's funny, in Poser IK works almost TOO good and in DS it's been a struggle forEVER! lol

Isn't that ironic? A brand new figure that can't use IK? >__<

Actually, I think DS uses "pinning" instead of IK, which works in a different way. IK is for posing, while pinning is to keep parts in place, where you can lock translations and rotations independently.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I believe that if we don't know the past, we are bound to repeat it in the future. Therefore knowing more about the past is the best way to focus on the future, because then we will know where we are stepping.
Believe me, I learned from the past. I can not describe how disappointed I was and how much angry I was. A few days before RDNA close, I was mailing with Syyd , (private chat) and she was aware that I upload a new product . No word to wait with it nothing. As a result, the new product goes online, put in big sale 3 days after and shut down a short time after till the transfer was done.
A new product which was only, what, 2 weeks online and reduced to 50% and after this dormant for months till it becomes "old".
Well I learned my lesson, but this is now long ago and I move on.
This RDNA affaire was one of the reason I stop creating. I felt a huge anger because of the lies. I hate lies and when people I trust lie to me it is a huge disappointment for me.
But Yes, I move on and take the lesson with me, but don't stay on the place from where I learned it.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Her rigging was done by Charles "Chuck" Taylor, and I know he's the best in what he does. I was initially eager to give LF a try, until I tried to make a body sculpt for her and found myself fighting her topology. Nope, not for me. If I can't sculpt it, I can't use it. To be able to sculpt a figure with grid-like mesh, I would first have to subdivide her like crazy a-la-zBrush, and [I believe] this is unacceptable in this day and age. What were they thinking? Sculpting was not supposed to be painful. I can sculpt Dawn at default resolution, and at no time I am fighting her edge flow. That's when I know I have a good figure.

I thought it was just me.
I tried to sculpt LF and it was horrible. Well, I am not a good character creator, just enroll a few courses creating and texturing character/morphs, but i never thought I would be that bad. LOL. I could not make a decent body sculpt out from her. But I thought, well , I am a hard surface modeler and the only organic stuff I use to model are clothes (even not that much) , so I thought it is really my lack of talent and skill when she goes havoc :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Believe me, I learned from the past.

I do believe you, no doubt about that. I was referring to the rest of us who were not there and didn't see it happen on our own skin. To you it was about moving on, but for me it's about knowing what happened and let people know about it. I remember a few of the RDNA had emailed me when it happened, trying to understand what was going on, asking each other if it was just them. Some wanted to make sure other vendors new what was going on, to include me, who weren't a vendor there. A kind of solidarity among vendors who knew each other for a long time.

Right now I am moving on from HW, like I have previously moved on from CP, and before that from Rendo. It's an endless cycle of moving on, and the more I do it, I am getting better at it. I was never a RDNA vendor, I have nothing to move from about that, but like others have said, there is a lot of misinformation going around about it, and vendors have the right to know, because this is our market. After these many shutdowns and buyouts, we vendors are walking on thin ice, and it's important to be informed about what happened. As you can see from the reactions, most people never knew DAZ had mass-dismissed the previously absorbed RDNA vendors a year after the buyout. I only knew because some of these guys were my friends. Maybe DAZ may want to keep that under wraps, but why should I keep that a secret?

I thought it was just me.
I tried to sculpt LF and it was horrible. Well, I am not a good character creator, just enroll a few courses creating and texturing character/morphs, but i never thought I would be that bad. LOL. I could not make a decent body sculpt out from her. But I thought, well , I am a hard surface modeler and the only organic stuff I use to model are clothes (even not that much) , so I thought it is really my lack of talent and skill when she goes havoc :D

It's not just you. It didn't take long for me to realize I was fighting the topology - I couldn't get the shape I wanted. If I complain, it was only after having tried it hands on, so it is an educated opinion of my own. Poser needs a great figure, and unfortunately, LF is not it. Can't wait for Dawn 2 to come out.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
It's not just you. It didn't take long for me to realize I was fighting the topology - I couldn't get the shape I wanted. If I complain, it was only after having tried it hands on, so it is an educated opinion of my own. Poser needs a great figure, and unfortunately, LF is not it. Can't wait for Dawn 2 to come out.
So me, I was hoping that LF would be easier, but at some point I realize she is not. Posing her is a pain with her horrible hands.
But I thought a nice sculpt and textures on her , which I wanted to create for my own usage , would change my mind. I even buy me after weeks of thinking about ,textures from XYZ . But did not really change my mind. Now I wait for Dawn2 . Have a few clothes for her in the pipeline, which I begin for DawnSR, but some people convince me to wait for Dawn2 , so now I wait for her and hope she come out soon , so I can continue with the outfits.
I have big plans for 2021, finally I have my inspiration and motivation back, so I put together a few nice sketches for Dawn2 outfits. Learning character morphing and texturing . I hope more vendors will support her.
Dawn 1 was really a sad thing. She was even not released and people bash her. Disgusting.
Poser need very good character which you can morph in anything. Dawn2 and Dusk 2 gives me hope .
Cant wait to see your new sculpts and scripts for Poser @Ken1171 . You are one of the great artists I admire. Great to see you on the Dawn supporting side .

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I do believe you, no doubt about that. I was referring to the rest of us who were not there and didn't see it happen on our own skin. To you it was about moving on, but for me it's about knowing what happened and let people know about it. I remember a few of the RDNA had emailed me when it happened, trying to understand what was going on, asking each other if it was just them. Some wanted to make sure other vendors new what was going on, to include me, who weren't a vendor there. A kind of solidarity among vendors who knew each other for a long time.
I think nobody really can tell you what truly happened. Except the owner of RDNA.
We was all very surprised , many very angry and disappointed.
It was even not because of the buy out, but all the lies and cover up.
Some pull their stuff down for good and go without a word, others was staying in some kind of Limbo. Did not know what to do.
Those who get rejected by Daz, was mostly V4 character creator, DAZ had no "need" for them.
And it was clear from the beginning, Poser content will not get any support , so many decide to move somewhere else or quit at all.
I was angry, sell our stuff to DAZ and retire for a while. And somehow live catch up on me and I was gone for a few years.
I learned Blender during this time, (was painful enough to leave my old modeler LW) , learn Substance Painter and Substance designer , Quixel and Unreal engine and MD. It was for me some kind of healing time and now I have my inspiration and motivation back.
Learned my lesson and move on. I have really confident in the future of Dawn 2 , so this is where I focusing now.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I guess that's why so many $500 gift certs were given out after the takeover... :cautious: o_O
No Idea. I receive real money and it was fair. I honestly can not tell anything negative about DAZ during this transition. But that is just me. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So me, I was hoping that LF would be easier, but at some point I realize she is not. Posing her is a pain with her horrible hands.
But I thought a nice sculpt and textures on her , which I wanted to create for my own usage , would change my mind. I even buy me after weeks of thinking about ,textures from XYZ . But did not really change my mind. Now I wait for Dawn2 . Have a few clothes for her in the pipeline, which I begin for DawnSR, but some people convince me to wait for Dawn2 , so now I wait for her and hope she come out soon , so I can continue with the outfits.
I have big plans for 2021, finally I have my inspiration and motivation back, so I put together a few nice sketches for Dawn2 outfits. Learning character morphing and texturing . I hope more vendors will support her.
Dawn 1 was really a sad thing. She was even not released and people bash her. Disgusting.
Poser need very good character which you can morph in anything. Dawn2 and Dusk 2 gives me hope .

Same here, I really wanted to like LF, and I had a very good first impression of her. The work Charles did with her rigging was really something I had never seen before, taking advantage of every piece of tech Poser had to offer. I've found it innovating how the breast handles could be used to resize the breast as well as pose them - never seen that before. She was very first figure I knew of to use smooth scaling in Poser. I was impressed - until I saw her topology. What a waste.

I am proud to have contributed to the making of Dawn 2, with plenty of changes and feature suggestions that Chris and Paul have kindly accepted. Those came from extensive hands on experience I had by playing with Dawn for 7 years, so the new version has so many improvements I wouldn't know where to start. It's a really long list, and this is just her 2nd generation. I have switched to Python scripts until she comes out, so I have something to do. ^^

Cant wait to see your new sculpts and scripts for Poser @Ken1171 . You are one of the great artists I admire. Great to see you on the Dawn supporting side .

Oh I am really excited with the new automations I am making for Poser 12. I have 4 brand new tools, plus the P12 version of the Scatter Tool that brings new features and improvements. Some of these tools have YouTube demo videos of the work-in-progress, but the current versions are better and have more features than what was shown in the WIP videos. LockMaster went to beta-testing this week, and I think I have a release candidate for the Scatter Tool 2 and SkinEdit. Those are complex tools and will need more testing until they are bulletproof. The goal is to automate tedious tasks that are hard to do in Poser, making them not only faster, but FUN to play with.

For example, SkinEdit automates figure materials editing in a new way. It makes editing materials from different figures look seamlessly the same. Forget about MAT zone differences between different figures. We edit them all as if they were the same, by picking, for example, "Skin" to edit skin shaders in all these figures. It abstracts the differences between figures, editing their materials in a more "universal" way. You can see a demo of the WIP on my channel at YouTube if you haven't seen it already. It supports any combination of PoserSurface and PhysicalSurface root nodes. ^__^

I think nobody really can tell you what truly happened. Except the owner of RDNA.
We was all very surprised , many very angry and disappointed.
It was even not because of the buy out, but all the lies and cover up.
Some pull their stuff down for good and go without a word, others was staying in some kind of Limbo. Did not know what to do.
Those who get rejected by Daz, was mostly V4 character creator, DAZ had no "need" for them.
And it was clear from the beginning, Poser content will not get any support , so many decide to move somewhere else or quit at all.
I was angry, sell our stuff to DAZ and retire for a while. And somehow live catch up on me and I was gone for a few years.
I learned Blender during this time, (was painful enough to leave my old modeler LW) , learn Substance Painter and Substance designer , Quixel and Unreal engine and MD. It was for me some kind of healing time and now I have my inspiration and motivation back.
Learned my lesson and move on. I have really confident in the future of Dawn 2 , so this is where I focusing now.

I remember how confused and disoriented people were when DAZ started to silently mass-dismiss all these ex-RDNA vendors later on. So it was confusing during the buyout, and then again a year later. I guess it couldn't worse than it went. They were invited to enter the front door, and then silently sent away through the back door. I don't think I have ever seen something like this in this market, and I have been around.

Funny how there seems to be plenty of vendors at Rosity still making contents for grandma V4. I think her popularity is directly related to how she was rigged, replacing dreadful JCMs with magnet deformers. You don't need to make JCM corrections - just apply a "magnetizing" pose that ships with V4 and you're done. So easy! No wonder people are clinging to her, even when she was never a "great" figure, having some pretty bad bending and posing. People promptly condemn new figures for the posing not being perfect, while they completely overlook that in V4. If they are still making these contents, it must mean they still sell. Makes me wonder why DAZ would dismiss these sales.

I have the Dawn 2 OBJ, so I could sculpt her and fit clothing to her, but no rigging. If you have seen her new materials, she looks gorgeous. I have done some test sculpting on the OBJ, and her topology and edge flow is even better than DawnSE. This will be good! ^___^

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
If they are still making these contents, it must mean they still sell. Makes me wonder why DAZ would dismiss these sales.

I have the Dawn 2 OBJ, so I could sculpt her and fit clothing to her, but no rigging. If you have seen her new materials, she looks gorgeous. I have done some test sculpting on the OBJ, and her topology and edge flow is even better than DawnSE. This will be good! ^___^
Because they want to promote Genesis, not an old figure.

I am really excited about Dawn 2. What I could till now see from her, she looks absolute promising . Hope she get released soon, so I can begin to make for her nice stuff.
LF has really some serious issues with her topology. Sad, because she could be something really awesome. I really don't like her facial expressions. Her smile reminds me always on some lunatic . :whistling: They seriously need to rework some stuff on her.
What Poser users need to do is to heal from their Genesis trauma. As long they clinch on her , not much vendor will jump on the Poser train with LF and Dawn 2. Many just can not afford to work on something for months and have a handful sales.
Don't misunderstand me, I like Genesis and all the incredible character which are out for her. But I am here pragmatic, when I want to use Genesis, I turn on DS and not Poser. For me it is wasting creativity and precious time to fiddle with this DSON, which crash my Poser and PC once I try it out.
I hope Poser user will support more Poser character , drop Genesis ( at last for Poser) , otherwise it just does not looking good for the future.

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I almost feel like I'm betraying Renderosity a bit, but since I don't work for them anyway, you guys DO know there are other stores still around, right? CGBytes comes immediately to mind.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am really excited about Dawn 2. What I could till now see from her, she looks absolute promising . Hope she get released soon, so I can begin to make for her nice stuff.

Good things take time. :)

What Poser users need to do is to heal from their Genesis trauma.

Amen.

For me it is wasting creativity and precious time to fiddle with this DSON

If I remember this right, I believe DSON is dead and over. It no longer works, and I don't think it will be updated. Maybe that is a good thing. Like you, if I want to use something from DS, I do it in DS where the content is at home with all features working, unless I want to convert it to Poser native.

You know, I almost feel like I'm betraying Renderosity a bit, but since I don't work for them anyway, you guys DO know there are other stores still around, right? CGBytes comes immediately to mind.

It's good to have options in case things don't work out.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Good things take time. :)
Amen to this. Forcing is never good. I had for the past few years really a serious inspiration and motivation blockage. To force my self to create something was not the good idea. I end up with a bunch of unfinished projects , because they all had issues which I do not want to correct because to complicated.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Amen to this. Forcing is never good. I had for the past few years really a serious inspiration and motivation blockage. To force my self to create something was not the good idea. I end up with a bunch of unfinished projects , because they all had issues which I do not want to correct because to complicated.

I get burned out sometimes, and have to take a break. And sometimes I DREAM about what I was looking for, so it comes to me when I was sleeping. Could I call that "productive sleeping"? LOL

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I get burned out sometimes, and have to take a break. And sometimes I DREAM about what I was looking for, so it comes to me when I was sleeping. Could I call that "productive sleeping"? LOL
You should meet my close friend .She is on such a high esoteric level that she levitate sometimes. LOL She would give you a correct diagnosis. :laugh:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't know what to call it. Just earlier this week I was trying to find a solution for a complicated part of the Scatter Tool for Poser 12, and then I woke up the next day with an idea I dreamt about. I went to the computer, entered the idea I had dreamed about, and it worked! Solved a complicated part of it. I wish it could always be like that - go to sleep and wake up with the answer in my head, Is that what they call "sleep over it"?

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I don't know what to call it. Just earlier this week I was trying to find a solution for a complicated part of the Scatter Tool for Poser 12, and then I woke up the next day with an idea I dreamt about. I went to the computer, entered the idea I had dreamed about, and it worked! Solved a complicated part of it. I wish it could always be like that - go to sleep and wake up with the answer in my head, Is that what they call "sleep over it"?
Why you are sleeping, your brain still work on a high level .Sort out" junk" as example. Analyze the problem on a un-concussions level.
Different point of view, without the stress of a wake body and environmental stress. Yes, this is what it means, sleep over. To sleep over a solution helps often.