• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
YUP, I agree, that's way to high of a bend! WOW. IF I could do that... Never mind! :)~
Well, yeah, but some people are very flexible or even double jointed.
My point is, you don't have to go that high, but it's nice to have it if you need it.
1590938205586.png
1590938292439.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Personally, I would leave limits alone, since every time I pose a figure, I have to disable limits anyway. In addition, I remember posting comments about the original Dawn, where her limits were too narrow, like for instance, on the wrists. I have also posted a suggestion here to widen the morph range for positioning the upper and lower teeth, which is often necessary when dealing with more cartoonish/fantasy head morphs.

I would rather have more range than less, for we never know what a specific pose or morph will require.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
For me, my opinion, NATURAL motion and limits should be set. Folks that know how to work with these figures know full well how to turn limits off!

As for teeth those need their own dials to move them up, down, back and forth!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

DawnSE has these, but I sometimes need more range than the dials can provide. The workaround is to go straight to the head and use the dials from there instead, since slave dials usually have no limits. They are hidden, so we have to enable "show hidden parameters" first. It would be easier if the morphs themselves had more range. Toon and fantasy head morphs usually need that.

On a related subject, it would be nice if Dawn 2.0 could have toon teeth morphs, plus controls to make the teeth bigger, smaller, wider, narrow, and such things to allow adapting to different character styles.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Or a geometry switch like they used to do in the old days, to switch out regular teeth with toon teeth plates.

eclark1894

Visionary
For me, my opinion, NATURAL motion and limits should be set. Folks that know how to work with these figures know full well how to turn limits off!

But what are you saying is the RANGE for Natural motion and limits? They're different for everyone.

This (image below) may not be normal, but it certainly is natural.
1590950278756.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
my knees hyperextend like that eclark (not sure if its quite as bad as their right one tho but def like their left)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Well, yeah, but some people are very flexible or even double jointed.
My point is, you don't have to go that high, but it's nice to have it if you need it.
View attachment 60992View attachment 60993

When user turn limits of from the character they can bend them like a pretzel. This is perfectly okay.
But when limits are on , this is a another topic. Weight mapping and JCM correction are with this heavy bending a heavy task.
This is what I asked for. Without limitation i don't care how she bend, but the weightmap i have to create with her bending which the limitation gives me. And Dawn's are on some areas to high. (In my POV).

Here, you see the problem? Weightmapping here is a bit heavy.

Attachments

• Bending02.jpg
    Bending02.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
they look good chris but may consider adding the wrinkle as a morph applicable by dial spinning in the intensity? Some women's leg coverings especially if cut right and tight, by my observation, might not have such deep and profuse wrinkles. I can see them on a regular pair of jeans say a boot cut or straight leg or even on the off chance we still have bell bottom users, but not too often seen again by my experience, on tights or tighter form fitting pants. the option would be nice.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
When the idle mind and even more idle body are given free reign ideas creep into the fabric of being.
Along with this was thinking of what I wanted in V4 and never got so am going to ask for it in Dawn 2….if that’s ok.

1. tendons on inside of knee and elbows
2. tendons on inside of crotch between groin and upper thighs most noticeable when legs are spread. This would be great with your genital morphs chris and including a widen groin morph to make it all look more realistic
3. tendons on neck, feet and hands
4. would like a foot morph like V2 had. She had some nice feet morphs one of which was called a “barbarian foot: morph which changed the relationship in toe length proportions and added length to second toe and width of front of foot/toes to give more realism for those feet that walk barefoot widening the front in proportion to rest of foot is a natural change in feet that do not wear shoes. of course a spread toe morph would go along with that going w/o saying.
here are some images of what I am thinking of foot morphs . Hope this is ok

Attachments

• bare-feet-grass-little-kid-girl-standing-meadow-52621791.jpg
    bare-feet-grass-little-kid-girl-standing-meadow-52621791.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 169
  • widen toes1.jpg
    widen toes1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 139
  • wider toes 2.jpg
    wider toes 2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 158
  • wider toes.jpg
    wider toes.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 120

eclark1894

Visionary
Two things, Can we get some donor shoe rigs for Dawn, particularly heels and wedges? And finally, is it just me or does wearing heels reshape a woman's calves? If so, should that be a morph? I'm just asking here.