• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

DanaTA

Distinguished
Two things, Can we get some donor shoe rigs for Dawn, particularly heels and wedges? And finally, is it just me or does wearing heels reshape a woman's calves? If so, should that be a morph? I'm just asking here.

I don't think it reshapes them, but it does flex the muscle a bit, which has the effect of making the calves more "shapely". It makes me wonder about fatigue, though...flexing that muscle so much for maybe hours at a time. And I think it has a similar effect on the muscles of the feet, particularly the arch muscle and perhaps the toes. Don't know for sure, I've never tried wearing heels. :p

Dana

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I don't think it reshapes them, but it does flex the muscle a bit, which has the effect of making the calves more "shapely". It makes me wonder about fatigue, though...flexing that muscle so much for maybe hours at a time. And I think it has a similar effect on the muscles of the feet, particularly the arch muscle and perhaps the toes. Don't know for sure, I've never tried wearing heels. :p

Dana
looks nicer on women readusting weight distribution forces the back to arch to counter that distribution which in turn, makes the chest stand out as well as the buttocks definately making the woman's posture nicer looking. But it has a price and that price is killing the feet and the back. Yes it does stretch the calf muscle causing it to flex and the muscle to rise giving the leg a nicer look, longer and nicely contoured.
Adding that morph would be nice becaus it would lso be used as i often do for stair climbing or reaching or posing certain ways when the feet reposition and move redistribution the body weight.

eclark1894

Visionary

Dana
Ironically, I have. Back in the seventies, I bought a pair of platform shoes. Hated them. Could barely walk in them, and they tired my legs out. :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
Ironically, I have. Back in the seventies, I bought a pair of platform shoes. Hated them. Could barely walk in them, and they tired my legs out. :D

Oh, yes! I had a pair. Didn't tire my legs, but nearly broke my ankles on a few occassions! How could I forget? But, those were not exactly the same as high heels. The feet were still in basically the same position as in a regular shoe, just higher off the ground. High heels raise only the heel, which has the different effect on the body. As mentioned, the calves and the back. They do not, as mentioned however, stretch the calf...they flex the muscle, contracting it, tightening it. This leads to fatigue, I'm pretty sure. And stretching is something that is sorely needed after spending hours in those shoes, so as not to lose range of motion of the muscle.

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Imagine doing drag in 4+" heels, spinning and dancing around and doing other acrobats. The physicality of wearing heels are not lost on allot of us men as well and yea, you have to good core strength and strong legs to wear them for any length of time!

eclark1894

Visionary
Imagine doing drag in 4+" heels, spinning and dancing around and doing other acrobats. The physicality of wearing heels are not lost on allot of us men as well and yea, you have to good core strength and strong legs to wear them for any length of time!
You know what's ironic is that heels were first invented for men to make them taller.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, you know, men are sex pigs. Anything to get that butt swinging back and forth more. SICK!

DanaTA

Distinguished

Actually, Rich, I'd rather not imagine that! I have enough problems! :D

Dana

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Couldn't resist creating a couple more morphs for our button down shirt.

A wind blown open morph.

Uberwork458.JPG

Uberwork459.JPG

Uberwork460.JPG

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Chris, you've READ MY MIND!! I was going to ask for a wind blown morph, and if you could make it partial L/R... but you've done it all already. Really awesome!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Wondering if Chris will consider making a second set that's set up for the Cloth room in Poser? Since the D-Force can clothify just about anything with no limitations all that would need to be done for that is making sure that the desired cloth settings are in place and saved into the Surface material settings. Poser is a different animal in how it handles dynamic cloth but might be worth it for more sales!

eclark1894

Visionary
Wondering if Chris will consider making a second set that's set up for the Cloth room in Poser? Since the D-Force can clothify just about anything with no limitations all that would need to be done for that is making sure that the desired cloth settings are in place and saved into the Surface material settings. Poser is a different animal in how it handles dynamic cloth but might be worth it for more sales!
Actually, in Poser you can preset the material into different groups so that they react differently. Most creators and vendors just never do that. They tend to leave it up to the customers. Occasionally, you will find some vendors that will put things like buttons into the rigid group and some will even place designs into a semi-rigid group. It's been a while, but I once made a Dynamic Cheongsam for Dawn , and the collar had to be semi-stiff to keep it's shape.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

As long as the shirt is made of a single mesh, with permissible exceptions like pockets and buttons, basically ANYTHING can be turn dynamic in Poser. As opposed to what some may believe, pockets and buttons will not fall off the shirt. We just have to assign them to the proper dynamic groups in the Cloth Room. That part is typically already done by vendors for dynamic clothing, but it's fairly easy to do it ourselves. The Poser manual does a reasonably good job explaining what each of the dynamic groups are, and where they should be used. BTW, the ability to assign dynamic groups by material zone was one of my personal suggestions to the SMS dev team. That alone makes the job much easier than it used to be in the past.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the info boi's I just don't know enough about the Poser Cloth room yet to understand that!