• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here ,i find them online. Except my don't have the caro patch on the backside. (Even the shoes are almost the same )
Yes, those are nice, but when I think of Capris, I think of pants that are a bit shorter. The 7/8 pants are "almost" down to the ankle bone, so "almost" full length.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes, those are nice, but when I think of Capris, I think of pants that are a bit shorter. The 7/8 pants are "almost" down to the ankle bone, so "almost" full length.

You actually made me go looking for Capri pant jeans. Thing is, and I, being male, did not know this, found that this pants vary in length and style.:)

1591898951266.png
1591899045656.png
1591899074680.png
1591899106533.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
To me, long shorts (e.g., Bermuda Shorts) come down to just above the knee, not below it.

The fourth image on the right in your previous post, to me, looks like Capri length pants.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You actually made me go looking for Capri pant jeans. Thing is, and I, being male, did not know this, found that this pants vary in length and style.:)
Yes it seems they do. I think it's what ladies get used to. It's been more decades, than I'd like to admit to, since I've shopped for Capri length pants, and as we all know, clothing styles change constantly.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That first one would be a Pedal Pusher (originally designed for cyclists who couldn’t pedal in anything that fell far below the knee, these pants are too long to be Bermuda shorts and too short to be cropped pants).
Capris traditionally were the widest part of the calf but this is unflattering so most now end where the leg narrows (usually a couple of inches above the ankle bone). Cropped pants and jeans fall anywhere between the middle of the calf to the ankle so that would be what category Capris would fall into (so many people have a different idea of what Capris are which is why you'll find it hard to find them the same length).

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I don't know if I like a crease in a pair of Capris. I think of more formal wear when I think of creases in the pant legs, like a good suit you'd wear to work.

Agreed. Might be a throw away morph, but I think I'll finish it out first anyway. Capris by nature seem casual, but if we do use this formal morph, remember, it's just that, a morph.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not a bad idea though, as there are folks who won't agree with us, and would want to add the crease.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
My mother would have definitely wanted to add the crease. But then, she lived with a husband who wanted his work clothes starched with creases.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
That first one would be a Pedal Pusher (originally designed for cyclists who couldn’t pedal in anything that fell far below the knee, these pants are too long to be Bermuda shorts and too short to be cropped pants).
Capris traditionally were the widest part of the calf but this is unflattering so most now end where the leg narrows (usually a couple of inches above the ankle bone). Cropped pants and jeans fall anywhere between the middle of the calf to the ankle so that would be what category Capris would fall into (so many people have a different idea of what Capris are which is why you'll find it hard to find them the same length).
Were called clam diggers when I was a kid! Ah!!!! Good ole days!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh GOD, being from Florida originally I heard about clam diggers my whole young childhood life!

PAW, put on yer clam diggers, let's go fishing for some supper!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Then it must be something "southerners" are familiar with.

As a "northener" I hadn't heard of it before, though it wasn't hard to figure out the reference. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've heard of clam diggers. But then I live on the edge of the continent.

They were generally looser than capri pants.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I don't think I've ever heard of them referred to as clam diggers up here in NY, but I can picture in my mind why they might be called clam diggers. ;)
Well, I grew up in Upstate NY and when it was in style around the time of beack party bingo, Annette Funnicello etc. they were calle Clam Diggers.
I had several pairs and loved the summer so I could wear them but because a boy's body grows quickly and fashions change even quicker what was in fashion one year was out the next.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've never heard of them called that before so I just looked it up and its an American term for 3/4 pants (or people who dig for clams lol) which is prob why I hadn't heard of it my being and Aussie :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Being an avid reader, I encountered the term Clam Diggers ages ago when I was a wee one.

That's definitely one of the benefits of reading a lot ... you expand your vocabulary far beyond what you hear where you live.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I remember both terms, clam diggers and peddal pushers. The latter was more in use when I was young. I, of course, didn't wear them...they were for girls. I guess boys could get their pants stuck in the gears or chain peddling their bikes and that was OK. Never really happened to me, though. Shoe laces, though, sometimes got caught on the pedal.

Dana

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I remember both terms, clam diggers and peddal pushers. The latter was more in use when I was young. I, of course, didn't wear them...they were for girls. I guess boys could get their pants stuck in the gears or chain peddling their bikes and that was OK. Never really happened to me, though. Shoe laces, though, sometimes got caught on the pedal.

Dana
Chain guards. Always had chain guards on my bikes for just that reason. Never had a problem like that.