• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
Chain guards. Always had chain guards on my bikes for just that reason. Never had a problem like that.
Neither did I. Actually first time I've ever hear of that happening. Although, funny story involving first time I ever learned to ride a bike. I had just learned how to balance myself on the bike, but hadn't learned how to work the brakes. I went out of the parking lot I had been learning into and onto the city street. Went down the street, but the street was on a really steep hill. I was about six or eight , so I was well down the street when I saw the curve in the road. It was at that point that in addition to not knowing how to brake, I also didn't know how to steer. I ended up hitting an embankment, missing a telephone pole, and becoming Dukes of Hazard airborne.:D

1591984485151.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Neither did I. Actually first time I've ever hear of that happening. Although, funny story involving first time I ever learned to ride a bike. I had just learned how to balance myself on the bike, but hadn't learned how to work the brakes. I went out of the parking lot I had been learning into and onto the city street. Went down the street, but the street was on a really steep hill. I was about six or eight , so I was well down the street when I saw the curve in the road. It was at that point that in addition to not knowing how to brake, I also didn't know how to steer. I ended up hitting an embankment, missing a telephone pole, and becoming Dukes of Hazard airborne.:D

View attachment 61424
For those wondering, yes, I survived... but just barely. :D

eclark1894

Visionary
That must've been scary, to say the least. o_O
To be honest, it sounds scarier that it really was, but I really was very lucky. I missed the telephone pole, a tree, and landed on a pile of plum bushes. I was able to walk away and my bike was okay too. :) By the way, the last time I visited that area, there was a house right where I landed.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A very nice start on the belt, but I'm wondering if the height of the buckle should be quite that large for that belt. Or is there going to be more "depth" to the belt that will take up the empty space above and below the belt where the buckle is? IOW, I don't recall any of the belts I've ever worn with my jeans having that much space between the belt and the top and bottom of the buckle. Just curious.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A very nice start on the belt, but I'm wondering if the height of the buckle should be quite that large for that belt. Or is there going to be more "depth" to the belt that will take up the empty space above and below the belt where the buckle is? IOW, I don't recall any of the belts I've ever worn with my jeans having that much space between the belt and the top and bottom of the buckle. Just curious.

This is just a start. Always a challenge with showing early work. This isnt even the buckle I'll be using. This is the old one. I'll model a new smaller buckle, once I finished the braided leather. I'm sure you've also noticed there is no belt end. I still need to model that too.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Can you make a couple of buckles for it Chris? Usually when I've used belts like that the buckle is a solid piece, usually rounded square or rectangle or an oval with some nice imprints in the center, usually something hippy dippy or western themed!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm sure you've also noticed there is no belt end. I still need to model that too.
Yes, when I looked at it after making my post, but since my post was about the buckle, I didn't add the comment about the end of the belt. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Can you make a couple of buckles for it Chris? Usually when I've used belts like that the buckle is a solid piece, usually rounded square or rectangle or an oval with some nice imprints in the center, usually something hippy dippy or western themed!
Western theme would certainly work with the cowboy hat and boots Dawn already has. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

Yes, great idea. Have any examples for me to consider?

If not, no worries.