• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Just needing to add in some detailing where the braided ends will attach to the heel or ankle strap.

A few more hours and I should be there.

Uberwork499.JPG

Uberwork500.JPG

Uberwork501.JPG

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Will we see any HD morphs and good detailed Normal Maps for D2? We need to up the game more if we want to be able to get closer to the DS figures in quality.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Will we see any HD morphs and good detailed Normal Maps for D2? We need to up the game more if we want to be able to get closer to the DS figures in quality.

Agreed. I believe you have to be a DAZ PA to have access to their HD. But as far as normal maps that would be awesome. I've tried creating some in Modo but I don't have the graphics power to do anything of value to date. So on release we won't have any from HW. Perhaps a CA can do some? Wouldn't that be nice. Otherwise I could try some again later and see how we do.

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Agreed. I believe you have to be a DAZ PA to have access to their HD. But as far as normal maps that would be awesome. I've tried creating some in Modo but I don't have the graphics power to do anything of value to date. So on release we won't have any from HW. Perhaps a CA can do some? Wouldn't that be nice. Otherwise I could try some again later and see how we do.

Personally i don't use DS at all. Not a fan of DS. I prefer Poser and ZBrush.
I know Modo have sculpting now that is pretty good so those can be used for the definition. In Poser one just subd the figure and use GoZ to make the HD maps.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I've only tried a couple of times with maps from ZBrush but I've never been very happy with the results so I just don't bother. Just use it to make clothing and morphs really. I know folks like Mec4D have had really good results from ZBrush for high detailed maps for her clothing and shaders but she's off the grid these days so no way to contact and ask for a tutorial!

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
The basic rule for making maps in Zbrush is that 1 pixel = 1 polygon. If you have a head with 60% UV coverage and you want a 4,096 x 4,096 map you need to have a resolution of at least 10 million polygons to get sharp results.

Plus, a good bump map, while technically very different to a normal map, can deliver an identical result when rendered.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Also shaders are very important. I have a few tricks to make the normal map less harsh. In poser you cannot like in Daz studio change the parameter for normal maps. I also think it is a good idea to subdivide your model ( especially humans) to benefit from the extra details.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Chris, I created normal maps on a low to medium machine myself. I had only 12 gigs of ram and 2 gb gpu. It works albeit slower.

Recently I upgraded my rig. However it should be possible to create detailed normals on lower end machines. You just get more time for some coffee and cookies while you wait.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Chris, I created normal maps on a low to medium machine myself. I had only 12 gigs of ram and 2 gb gpu. It works albeit slower.

Recently I upgraded my rig. However it should be possible to create detailed normals on lower end machines. You just get more time for some coffee and cookies while you wait.

Chris likes cookies...especially Oreos! ;)

Dana