• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks for the info boi's I just don't know enough about the Poser Cloth room yet to understand that!
Simple enough to understand, though. Poser dynamic Cloth can be grouped into four dynamic cloth groups.
default_) comprising the entire object. Dynamic, Choreographed, Constrained, and Decorations. Everything goes into Dynamics by default, so it doesn't change unless you change it to another group. Basically, you do that by selecting the vertices of the cloth or object that you want to assign to that group. Also, the Decorations group is the only one you can assign two different groups to. They are rigid, like buttons, zippers, etc, and soft, like pockets. And yes, it's all in the Manual under Chapter29 Cloth Room, page 686.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Why wouldn't it? The normal shirt just fits tighter around Dawn, and shows off her shape. A Looser shirt from Dusk wouldn't.
Because I have never seen it done I assumed it still wasn't possible. Mil4 Male clothes do not fit Mil4 female. Not a power user so I just wondered. Sorry?

eclark1894

Visionary
Because I have never seen it done I assumed it still wasn't possible. Mil4 Male clothes do not fit Mil4 female. Not a power user so I just wondered. Sorry?
No need to apologize. But as far as I know, there's only two ways to make clothing fit a figure. Either by dynamic cloth or by conforming, and if it uses conforming cloth, it has to be made for and rigged to fit the figure.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
This is a demonstration test model, not a future release.
I did some testing with shirts yesterday. It is possible to make a shirt and if you wanted to spend enough time you could fit it to Dusk, Dawn, Harry, etc. but it's quicker to model and better fitting if you just made each figure their own custom shirt. It is for me anyway, I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.

I'm posting examples from yesterdays tests. Note this is a test item designed for visuals that may answer some why questions.

Examples 1 and 2 show front and back of a simple T-shirt. I added geometry for Dawn to show a bra strap in the back and front and the chest geometry is necessary to conform and create a basic female chest shape. It would be faster and easier to just model different geometry for a male chest shape. One of many reasons is yes, I could smooth all that out to fit a man, but when smoothing all that out the UV would be stretched so bad textures would look horrid.

Examples 3 and 4 show why you wouldn't want to just morph the shirt longer. It was easier to just model the bottom, this gives me extra geometry in the needed places. I'm also demonstrating a way to make use of extra geometry; conscious decisions on wrinkles. These wrinkles serve not only for detail but they are placed where the figure bends to prevent distortions when posing and speeds up weight map creation. Extra geometry is added in the belly/back area, hip and underarms. It could be made more baggy with morphs.

Examples 5 and 6 are just a clean look at the model not showing wireframe.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I don't know if I like a crease in a pair of Capris. I think of more formal wear when I think of creases in the pant legs, like a good suit you'd wear to work.

Depends on the fabric. I have a pair of 7/8 pants in black which are formal. I use to wear them with flat black laque leather shoes in derby style. (I find that other shoes does not fit this pant so much. )
To be fair, they are not tight like jeans, more loosen on the legs, but they have a crease .