• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Should be editable all the time Carmen. Not sure why you can not edit.

I've actually been working in Poser the past couple of months so DS has nothing to do with what I was suggesting. I mentioned DAZ 3D only because their way of distributing genitals and genital maps for the human figures was to to allow those that want them to obtain them via a Pro Pack for that particular shape (which includes the shape, a few skin packs, clothing, hair and poses, very much like what Hivewire does with their Value Stacks)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

I've actually been working in Poser the past couple of months so DS has nothing to do with what I was suggesting. I mentioned DAZ 3D only because their way of distributing genitals and genital maps for the human figures was to to allow those that want them to obtain them via a Pro Pack for that particular shape (which includes the shape, a few skin packs, clothing, hair and poses, very much like what Hivewire does with their Value Stacks)

I have to agree that making genitals only available through a "pro" pack might infuriate a number of people out there. In a similar way, I still remember how people got equally mad when the original Dawn was released without it. From that, I conclude people expect it to be part of the figure, be it included with the base pack, or if it must, separately on it's own ZIP. Like Julius Caesar used to say, give people what the people want.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

No actually after 1o minutes it is no longer possible. my typing sucks and i take forever typing my thoughts and editing them once posting them.
And yes i know what you were referring to and that is what I was trying to clean up my response to that but as I said i failed. Sorry.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
For the record, I didn't say don't include genitals. I just feel they should be part of the base figure, whether it's a morph or a conforming figure (such as for Dusk).

To accommodate those who feel strongly against genitals being included with their figures, provide them in a separate zip. Those who want to download and install, can download the additional files. Those who don't want them even accidentally installed, can simply not download the genitals file.

(Again, this really only applies to Dusk)

DanaTA

Distinguished
No actually after 1o minutes it is no longer possible. my typing sucks and i take forever typing my thoughts and editing them once posting them.
And yes i know what you were referring to and that is what I was trying to clean up my response to that but as I said i failed. Sorry.

Have you considered writing your post in Notepad, then when you're satisfied with it, then copy and paste it into a post here? That may be less frustrating. Just a thought.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I do that often Dana, especially when I'm in beta testing mode, and posting my comments in a "conversation" with the CA. I just use my preferred plain text editor, as I don't like any version of Notepad.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Have you considered writing your post in Notepad, then when you're satisfied with it, then copy and paste it into a post here? That may be less frustrating. Just a thought.

Dana
GOOD IDEA AND ONE I HAVE THOUGHT OF MANY TIMES BUT WITH MY HEAD THE WAY IT HAS BECOME I ALWAYS THINK OF IT AFTER I GET INTO TROUBLE. <damn cap lock key!>
sorry for shouting! :(

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I have to agree that making genitals only available through a "pro" pack might infuriate a number of people out there. In a similar way, I still remember how people got equally mad when the original Dawn was released without it.
I always hated that "Pay extra to make the figure anatomically correct" mindset...which if you look at my galleries you might find Odd since it is clear I render sooooo many nudes.
Like Julius Caesar used to say, give people what the people want.
...but always watch your back, for the people are fickle
I used to do this until I got supremely lazy and overwhelmed in the last couple of years. It's still a good idea though.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I think it would be a wonderful idea to include the genitals in with the default morphs. That has been my gripe about Daz is that you have to purchase another bundle just to get gens for their figures or else you end up with nothing but a barbie doll looking figure for your renders. And I am still trying to imagine why people would get upset over a morph dial. The dial don't even need a picture of it either, maybe just the female symbol if a picture is required. I would be interested in gen morphs myself.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous

And no thank you. I don't like having to buy an expensive Pro pack just so that my figures are anatomically correct. I don't think it's to keep people from getting offended over a gen morph. I think Daz just like to squeeze as much as they can out of your wallet. I have a very love/hate relationship when it comes to Daz's "marketing" strategies to say the least.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Chriss do you plan to make some donors for Dawn? For content creator? Would come very handy to have 2-3 different donors .
High resolution for outfit creation. Like LF and Evolution have it.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
And another suggestion for content creator. Would come very handy if there would be a possibility to switch Dawn's JCM's on and off during weight mapping. I am currently working on her pants weight mapping and had to make a workaround for this . Sure it works with workarounds, but an on and off switch for JCM's would make content creators live more easy.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And another suggestion for content creator. Would come very handy if there would be a possibility to switch Dawn's JCM's on and off during weight mapping. I am currently working on her pants weight mapping and had to make a workaround for this . Sure it works with workarounds, but an on and off switch for JCM's would make content creators live more easy.

I believe I have already made this suggestion waaaay earlier in this thread, but the more people wanting it, the better. ;)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I don't know if somebody already ask for this, but here my request.
Would be nice if some of her bending limitations would get lowered. Some are way to high for proper weightmapping and JCM fine tuning.
Here one example.

This is Dawn SE, with all morphs injected. The limits are on.
I think this is way to high set.

Attachments

• Bending.jpg
    Bending.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 145