• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Don't get me wrong on this, I am sure Dawn 2 will great and I am looking forward to her release but part of me wonders, if there was so much wrong Dawn and Dawn SE why do we love her so much? I guess it depends on whether you are looking at it from a glass half full or half empty view point.
NO you are looking at it from a what: I need and what i don't: perspective. I needed th realistic gential crease and wider groin/thigh gap and nicer feet (sorry got a deeply rooted foot fetish!). She didn't give me what I NEEDED I did not make her mine preferrring V4 and the huge investment I made in her for ALL those extras that made her what I needed.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
That's a good point there - we all want our figure to be well supported. For that to happen, the figure needs to be attractive to content creators, right? If CAs won't adopt the figure, it won't get any contents. Dawn 2.0 will have everything the current version has, and improve in many areas, based on experience from those who have used her extensively as users, and also as content creators.

This is not a chicken & egg paradox - it is very clear that CAs need to love the figure for it to be well supported, and therefore become popular and mainstream. If this is a requirement to you, then Dawn 2.0 is going the right direction here. So much that 3D Universe made suggestions that didn't even cross my mind, because his specialty is different from mine. :)
My concern is the inroads D/S has made with their Great (or at least what seems to ime to be great) their G-Series figures who talking to many previous Poser content creators swear to the ease of creation for Daz Studio and will NEVER go back to Poser content creators. Renderosity in fact seems to sell more and more D/S content and offers less and less free free Poser content too.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I would like to add my vote for a Ball Joint Doll for the Dawn/Dusk family. A mannequin set of morphs/textures would be cool too. While I too have a lot invested in older (legacy) figures and content, as I am intent to support Dawn and Dusk I would love to not only see support for them grow, but the variety of available options and costumes. I can not count how limited I feel sometimes just trying to come up with kitbashed costumes for promo renders for products. I hate using converted clothes, as I see promo images on my Dawn/Dusk/whichever figure it's for as a chance not just to show off what I made for them, but the ability of that figure and it's content.

Dear Waterfox spellcheck, stop trying to correct kitbash... kitbash is a word in usage in the U.S., it has been among modellers and wargamers since the 80s at least (when I started).

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Tight shirt option is complete. Onto pants and sandals next.

(Carmen, I'll try to respond to your questions tomorrow.)

Uberwork439.JPG

Uberwork440.JPG

Uberwork441.JPG

Uberwork442.JPG

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Any idea Chriss when she is ready?
Just to put on my self some timeline with the outfit which I do for current Dawn. Would like to convert this outfit to Dawn 2 too.

eclark1894

Visionary
Chris, a quick question: is it possible to make a thong bikini bottom for Dawn2? I hesitate to ask this question because I'm not sure whether that would violate some sort of... well, x-rated or family-friendly policy Hivewire has.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris, a quick question: is it possible to make a thong bikini bottom for Dawn2? I hesitate to ask this question because I'm not sure whether that would violate some sort of... well, x-rated or family-friendly policy Hivewire has.

Just to clarity first. Are you asking if I'd make a thong bikini bottom, or if it's okay if you make one for our store?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Not necessarily.

I am not sure what you are disagreeing about. I was just saying Poser doesn't support geografting, so conforming is the only remaining way, because only conformed items follow body morphs (parenting won't). The basic idea is that geografting actually welds the part to the body at vertex level, so there are no seams no matter the pose and/or body morph. With conforming, we have to hide the seam with transmaps and additional morphs, and hope they won't show in renders.

Either ways, it is still not clear if Dawn2 will include a genital morph. It was suggested but not confirmed.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My concern is the inroads D/S has made with their Great (or at least what seems to ime to be great) their G-Series figures who talking to many previous Poser content creators swear to the ease of creation for Daz Studio and will NEVER go back to Poser content creators. Renderosity in fact seems to sell more and more D/S content and offers less and less free free Poser content too.

That is true, but it may change now that Rendo owns Poser. I guess we will have to wait and see.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I am not sure what you are disagreeing about. I was just saying Poser doesn't support geografting, so conforming is the only remaining way, because only conformed items follow body morphs (parenting won't). The basic idea is that geografting actually welds the part to the body at vertex level, so there are no seams no matter the pose and/or body morph. With conforming, we have to hide the seam with transmaps and additional morphs, and hope they won't show in renders.

Either ways, it is still not clear if Dawn2 will include a genital morph. It was suggested but not confirmed.
was refering to conforming a gen set to Dusk as opposed to parenting a set. Conforming it seems needs so much more work prepping designing etc. I guess I was trying to say tht all the individual gen paks out there I have used by Ulf, Erogenesis, Satanica, etc. parenting to groin/hip worked just fine and was easier to create as non conforming accessory. I was just saing it is not necessary it be conforming. I have heard of geografting but not sure what it really implies or how it is done just that it refers to how D/S works and how figures for D/S are modified/created/etc.

Michele

Eager
Can't say for sure, but will discuss it.

This would be awesome; I'd pay for a separate fiber mesh brow utility.

One of my perennial frustrations is texture eyebrows limiting the use of hair prop colors (not just Dawn; other figures too.) I tried using LIE eyebrow options with Dawn SE but the results were mixed. Maybe because I was using older eyebrow brushes. The LIE brows would change shape with the face morphs, which meant that sometimes when I wanted thick brows I got skinny ones and vice versa.

I've been "borrowing" a set of G3F/G8F fiber mesh eyebrows that were a DAZ PA freebie by AprilYSH from a few years back and they mostly work, but take some fiddling to fit her face.

I have a fiber mesh set for Dusk (RedzStudio product) but they don't have a lot of shaping options.

So yeah...lobbying for fiber mesh brows. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

Oh, I've made a genital morph for her. I've made screen grabs available for those that have emailed me with interest, which has only been a few to date.

We just have made no decision on how to make that morph available to those interested. Do we add it to the default morphs, or something else?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The nice thing, I'm hoping, is for Dusk 2.0, is that these face chips will help conformers to move along with mouth expressions so I can make a conforming beard FINALLY and not have to jump through hoops to get it to work properly. This was a game changer when they did this for Genesis 8!

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Oh, I've made a genital morph for her. I've made screen grabs available for those that have emailed me with interest, which has only been a few to date.

We just have made no decision on how to make that morph available to those interested. Do we add it to the default morphs, or something else?
I would say to include it with the default morphs maybe in a seperate zip so that those who want nothing to do with it do not need to download or install it - but those who want realism in their figures will have access to it. That's my 2 cents on it.
I also see nothing wrong with a thong Bikini or "Side Boob" which has apparently become hugely controversial this past decade.