• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Okay now for some real fun!!

Lisa, Paul, Alisa, and myself, as well as the rest of our team are please to announce that Virtual World is creating the texture maps for our Dawn 2.

Here is a peek of what she has created for our new girl.

By the way she is almost done now, only minor seam cleanup and a few adjustments once the rigging is complete. She has created options for Poser and for DAZ Studio.

For example, in Iray Virtual World created 7 presets to control the intensity of the Translucency, these will allow users to get a range of skin tones, from a very pale skin tone to a very tanned color and tone of skin. She also added presets to control the intensity of the eye shadows and others to control the intensity of the lip colors. The eyeliners are LIE presets, that allows users to apply them over any eye shadow available or over the eyes without eye shadows.

View attachment 57518
Base skin tone with high translucency and eyeliner option for upper and lower lids.

View attachment 57519
Gold makeup option.

View attachment 57520
Base skin tone with high translucency and no makeup.

View attachment 57521
Base skin tone with high translucency and one of the make up options.

View attachment 57522
Base skin tone with low translucency and no make up.
BIG HUGE WOW!
NOT SURE I UNDERSTOOD BUT THIS IS GOING TO BE THE DEFAULT LOOK OF DAWN2....LIKE OT O THE BOX!?

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Spanish Girl like this: Penelope Cruz
1590536686252.png

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yay!!! I'm up and running again.

I've spent most of today trying to download content and software updates and buying new stuff to get me going. I finally was able to re-download my Modo license tonight and get back up and feeling like I can be productive again. What a relief.

I still have much more to download and get up on my new computer but at least I can spend time at my desk top and not be stuck doing emails from my phone.

I have to wait til next Tuesday until I will be able to recover what was on my old hard drive I'm told. I was able to back up at least latest scene files of all figures and animals I've worked on over the years, so that's a relief.

Here is a screen grab of the last morph I was working on to show that I'm back in the pocket now, which is a nice place to be.

View attachment 55547
Having seen many images of pregnant women (never having had the pleasure of being married and seeing it first hand!) I have always liked how on many pregnant women, the base of the fuller heavier breasts sometimes rest on top of the distended belly. Never could duplicate that coveted look in Poser. Is there a way to create a body morph to do so?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah, Paul tells me that because we will have breast bones that he only needs the cup sizes and he can create the lift and natural and so on. But I have these lifted, supported, and natural ones anyway. I've created some subtleties with these morphs that I'm not sure the bones can replicate. So Paul can measure his breast bone work against the morphs I've done and perhaps the rig will do more then suffice.

Here is another large breast shape that Paul can do more with due to his wonderful rig work.

View attachment 53666
Chris! I am so embareassed! LOL
Large breasts are an American pinup staple as well as a POSER HIGH USE TOOL! Gotta haves it man!
But big breasts just do NOT stick out like torpedo heads about to explode! dude.....really!?
Add some lovely sag morphs to make them look more flesh and natural as well a crease or fold beneath the breast.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks, Chris - sounds good to me! Weight maps have limitations, so a combination with morphs should provide a complete set of options. :)

The other day I was trying to explain the breast shape I wanted Dawn 2.0 to have in terms of "concave" and "convex" lines above and below the nipples line when seen from the side. Below is a simple diagram I drew that shows what I meant. The shape collapses on the top, and sags at the bottom.

View attachment 53694

All of the shapes we have with DawnSE have both lines convex, which gives the unnatural appearance of being inflated. It would be nice to have this kind of more natural shape as an option. For instance, the existing "Breasts Natural" option drags the entire breasts down, while keeping the "inflated" appearance. Maybe Dawn 2.0 could have an additional option that does the above, instead of dragging the entire breasts down? It would be cool if this could affect all breasts shapes to look more like my diagram above.

Would that be possible?

Perhaps skin folds would be meant for specific poses only, and possibly controlled by JCMs. I would assume those only make sense when not covered with clothing.
That "banana morph s good to include. Something I strugled to get in V4 despite all the darn extra breast morphs invested in for her.
Also a "heavy" breast when larger than normal fleshes out more on the bottom of the breast and many times pulls the nipple down a bit with the weighty stretch.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
If Dawn had come with 60 new breast shapes and options, what would there be for someone like Meipe & Xameva to create? It's not a 'correction' at all but is an improvement. The point of creating a new base figure is to provide a foundation that can be built on.

How many of these things are necessary in the base figure? Isn't this where people like yourself can come in and make 'pinup morphs' as an add-on pack?

Where is the line between what is necessary for a solid foundation and what is a feature request that can be accomplished in an add-on pack? I understand that people want the most they can get for their money in one pack and at the same time the reality is that we simply cannot provide 'everything but the kitchen sink' in a base figure.

What are the "must have's" for content creators these days?
maybe not necessary in the mix out of the box but definately possible if wanted or needed. I think chris was just showing what is possible in the mesh. I know I prefer a model AS COMPLETE AS POSSIBLE ot of the box dear but that is just me. I have spent un told amounts of cash investing in the many sundry morphs for V4 to get her to look more natural for the work I do. If I could have gotten even half those needed wanted morphs included out of the box it would have been great and I would have been more than willing to pay for them from the beginning. Reason: If created on original mesh when created it seems they might work better and one can delete morphs not needed (to lighten the mesh) but if not there one can not create them if needed without the extra cash expense.
Maybe one could create a FULL MORPH PACKAGE heavy in morph and a LIGHT PACKAGE with fewer morphs for those not inclined to use them.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks both of you...... Well La Femme has some weird things going on where the underarms and breasts meet, it's quite off putting. Other than that she's pretty. I know the Blackhearted extra morph pack takes care of all that but MOST packs I see for her don't include any support. On the other hand the Hivewire figures are all supported in one way or another, supported on both platforms and the JCM's are in place to keep things looking less rubbery! PLUS La Femme has no male counterpart.. meh! LOL
Sorta the same kind of stupid they failed to fix in V3 and V4 out of the box. have had to buy extra moprhs to fix that area on V4. I just gave up on V3 with those stupid line backer shoulders and pectorals/undrarm/breast area.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Okay Satira what do you think of these?

This first one is a new morph called BrowlineRaise. This one doesn't affect the eyelids.

Notice no brow expression wrinkles.

View attachment 51853

View attachment 51854

Default Dawn 2 for comparison.

View attachment 51855

This one is a new morph called BrowlineRaiseHeavyEyelids. So this one is a combo morph.

View attachment 51856

BrownlineRaiseHeavyEyelids shown without lashes for better view. Notice the heavy eyelids with this one.

View attachment 51857

BrowlineRaise without affecting eyelids.

View attachment 51858

Default Dawn 2 with no lashes.
Hey Chris nice eye combos. I loved V2 selections out of the box. Turn off limits and I was rotating the eyes to almost vertical for a great elven/alien look like this image i duplicated the look for a portrait of my lovely niece-in-law I created for a competition in Photoshop!
Any way of dding something like that for add-on eye morphs for later? Correction: Actually the V2 morphs were even more vertical than this and I loved them!

Attachments

• blue_eyed_fae_by_shantetoo_d1ap1mo-pre.jpg
    blue_eyed_fae_by_shantetoo_d1ap1mo-pre.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 109

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
A few more ear morphs here. Still more meaningful and realistic ones to create. But these are fun.

Alien ear, Troll ear, Rodent ear, and a new one I call a Butterfly ear.

View attachment 51264

View attachment 51265

View attachment 51266

View attachment 51267

View attachment 51268

View attachment 51269
Making the ears disappear completely including the hole is cool to have if one does Furries or anthropomorphic character art where the earsof say a feline fiugre might be closer to the top of the head.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
That begs the question... Will Dusk 2.0 have a genitals add on? If not I have one that I never completed in ZBrush... well it's completed but it was never set up properly as a conformer...
Cool but woudn't need to be a conformer. I have been using SOOOO Many such parts for M 1 to M 4 and some other male figures and creatures, I can work with it that way too as long as it was created to Dusk and Dusk was tweaked to work with it seamlessly. And of course all matching to body textures for it.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I understand she will have this genital morph. In DS, people can make very detailed, high-res geografted genitals for her, but in Poser it can only be conformed. Not sure how hard would it be to keep it together with body morphs, though. Maybe transmaps could help hiding the seams? That's how they did it with V4 back in the day.
You are smarter than me but I have to disagree I have been using genitals for my work since Poser4 in ALL male figures since THE DORK and I can say they all worked fine.Of course it depeds greatly on texturing and Transmapping to look seamless once applied. Most of the ones I used had such transmapping and texturing options but some did not and created a nightmare working the texturing/positioning details to make it happen. But it was doable.....In Poser 4 to Poser 11+
I understand she will have this genital morph. In DS, people can make very detailed, high-res geografted genitals for her, but in Poser it can only be conformed. Not sure how hard would it be to keep it together with body morphs, though. Maybe transmaps could help hiding the seams? That's how they did it with V4 back in the day.
Not necessarily. I have used gens since Poser4 on male and female charcters fro P4 Dork and Posette to M4 and V4 and many other creature figures in between. Conforming is nice bot not necessary if one is creful and attentive. The trick is in getting good texturing and transmapping for the genitals. Parenting goes a long way but texturing to match the body texture and good transmapping to merge the two textures is very important. There are also great pubic hair props out there to really dd realism and of course hide any merging anomolies.