• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More on the top. Creating more seams and geometry to show edges of fabric.

Uberwork437.JPG
Uberwork438.JPG

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Paul tells me it can be done. Though the UVs are different now for Dawn 2. I trust Paul, but we'll have to see before too long. Paul is wrapping up Tiger work and then he'll be back on Dawn 2.
OK. Please ask him if it's possible to perhaps make a script that could work around it. If not if you guys get a moment can you tell us what parts are going to be different. Like if the head UV's are the same then that's half the battle!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hey, Chris, jumping ahead of myself a bit here, I know, but when you start on Dusk 2 could you either incorporate or start from a leaner and more muscular frame work? Yes, I'll accept morph work if you need to.

View attachment 60468
that kind of look would be achieve with Normal maps I would think! Over on the DS side of things at DAZ3D they have some "secret" way of getting really intense and realistic cuts and details out of the Genesis 8 mesh. One guy just released a muscle morph set that's absolutely mind blowing. o_O Love to see that sort of detail and ability brought over to Poser somehow!

eclark1894

Visionary
that kind of look would be achieve with Normal maps I would think! Over on the DS side of things at DAZ3D they have some "secret" way of getting really intense and realistic cuts and details out of the Genesis 8 mesh. One guy just released a muscle morph set that's absolutely mind blowing. o_O Love to see that sort of detail and ability brought over to Poser somehow!
As the veins alone would look really detailed, I wouldn't actually expect that in a morph, but since you did mention it, some maps would also be nice for the body builder morphs for Dawn 2.

estherau

just thought of a really great advertising line for you - feel free to use it. you probably thought of it already anyway.

THERE IS A NEW DAWN COMING

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
As the veins alone would look really detailed, I wouldn't actually expect that in a morph, but since you did mention it, some maps would also be nice for the body builder morphs for Dawn 2.

We'll take the geometry as far as we can with morphing. But for sure, extreme realism will only come with added normal maps and the like for such a muscular and vascular appearance.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know, I took dance lessons when I was a kid, but now-a-days, I consider it the same thing as a skirt. ~rofl~

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
After coming back to this thread and noticing no answers for my request for a balljoint doll for Dawn 1 on another forum I though i would try again here. Though I have too much invested in V4 to want tochange to yet another human female figure I would be really anxious to spend good M.O.N.E.Y. for Dawn 2 if a well supported Ball Joint Doll was offered for her. One like the version for the Genesis series at DAZ. I have seen so many nice manga and hentai art using Ball joint dolls I have so many ideas for their use it would be real treat to finally get a good well thought out and produced version for Poser use. Someone created one sold at 'rotca but she jut does not cut it. No support no accessories, no add-on stuff for her, not worh the money charged. A real disappointment The BallJoint dolls at Renderosity are too young looking for me to want to use in my work.
I have tried contacting the artist to see if there are adult morphs incorporated with the figures but he seems to not be able or willing to address the answer (if anyone here knows who have used them please let me know!).
So a good ball jointed doll for Dawn 2 would mke me happy and more willing to buy! ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
That is correct - the fitting part can be tricky because every figure has different grouping/skeleton configurations. A tool tries to handle every possible case generically, so results can vary. In some cases it may be better to parent the hair instead, but only when it's short hair. Longer ones probably need to remain conformed so the parts that go over the shoulders and chest will stay with the poses.
Yeah always has been a curse. There ws one hair artis who used to create hair almost exclusively who in his/her great sensitivity and good marketing sense, created his products as either exclusively .Hr2 hair or .Cr2 WITH and added .Hr2 version and this person is STILL creating great stuff!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Here is the T shirt.
Fits well under the top shirt too.
Now for buttons on the long sleeve shirt.

View attachment 59923

View attachment 59924

View attachment 59925

View attachment 59926

View attachment 59927
Loks nice Chris. But is it also possible creating either a morph to make the shirt fairly snuglly on top but loose and longer on bottom like wearing a man's t-shirt or as a kick aroud T for use with shorts? And same holds true for the collared shirt too. Love long tailed loose fitting mens-like shirts on females and for use in Poser there are really NONE I have found I like