• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
The problem would be on the conforming part, since the grouping is not the same. For instance, most conforming hair is conformed to "neck", which in DawnSE would be "neck2", and in Dawn2 would be just "neck". They have different bones and groupings, so chances are this would prevent proper conforming.

Maybe I could create a hair conversion plugin for Dawn2. I have a pretty good idea how to do it, where I could use the same magnets based method as Joseph did, followed by creating a new geometry, and a new rig to match the new skeleton.
So, I'd have to buy YOUR Hair Conversion Kit instead of using Joe's? Well, if you can't get Joe to do it...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The problem would be on the conforming part, since the grouping is not the same. For instance, most conforming hair is conformed to "neck", which in DawnSE would be "neck2", and in Dawn2 would be just "neck". They have different bones and groupings, so chances are this would prevent proper conforming.

Maybe I could create a hair conversion plugin for Dawn2. I have a pretty good idea how to do it, where I could use the same magnets based method as Joseph did, followed by creating a new geometry, and a new rig to match the new skeleton.
AHA! I always only think about the magnets setup when I think of the Hair Conversion system, so the conforming part didn't even occur to me.

OK, that said, some hair creators make prop hair (hr2), and now I'm wondering if that would be better, as I've often found once I had the hair conversion done, I had to "parent" it as if it were prop hair. In fact, Joe has a comment in the ReadMe / Manual about possibly needing to do that with some hair products.

Just something to think about.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
OK, that said, some hair creators make prop hair (hr2), and now I'm wondering if that would be better, as I've often found once I had the hair conversion done, I had to "parent" it as if it were prop hair. In fact, Joe has a comment in the ReadMe / Manual about possibly needing to do that with some hair products.

That is correct - the fitting part can be tricky because every figure has different grouping/skeleton configurations. A tool tries to handle every possible case generically, so results can vary. In some cases it may be better to parent the hair instead, but only when it's short hair. Longer ones probably need to remain conformed so the parts that go over the shoulders and chest will stay with the poses.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good point about the long hair needing to be conforming. I have a good many of Biscuits hair products (over at Renderosity), and the ones I like, for the most part, are on the shorter side. She just includes so many morphs, they don't look the same every time I use them.

eclark1894

Visionary
That is correct - the fitting part can be tricky because every figure has different grouping/skeleton configurations. A tool tries to handle every possible case generically, so results can vary. In some cases it may be better to parent the hair instead, but only when it's short hair. Longer ones probably need to remain conformed so the parts that go over the shoulders and chest will stay with the poses.
I don't want to de-rail this thread, but now I'm curious. Is that how tools like Wardrobe Wizard or Cross Dresser work?

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm hoping someone comes out with some hats for Dawn2 to wear or else I'm gonna have to model my own.

1589416830897.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't want to de-rail this thread, but now I'm curious. Is that how tools like Wardrobe Wizard or Cross Dresser work?

These tools have weak spots, which are typically whatever goes on the hands, feet, and head. More specifically, conforming hair has special considerations that these tools might not handle. It's a hit or miss even for shoes, and especially a miss for gloves. I don't think these tools have ever been considered when converting hair, though. That's probably why we have people creating hair conversion tools, or else nobody would buy them, right?

eclark1894

Visionary
Creating one more top before moving onto Jeans.

Still much more to do on this one. Obviously this one is meant to be snug. Should look good though by the time I get it modeled up.

Remember this is still early going on this top.

View attachment 60115

View attachment 60117

Okay, I know you said it was still early, but you also said it was snug. If that's the case, are you planning to move the breasts a little closer together and create a cleavage bulge?

Something like this?

1589448964120.png

Or is that going to be possible with breast movement controls?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay, I know you said it was still early, but you also said it was snug. If that's the case, are you planning to move the breasts a little closer together and create a cleavage bulge?

Something like this?

View attachment 60123

Both.

This is being created on the default shape first. I already have created breast sizes with supported shapes as well.

eclark1894

Visionary
I believe the existing western hat is a prop, and therefore can be made to fit any figure, including Dawn2. There is no hat more versatile than that one. :)
I don't doubt that a all. The only problem I have with it is that I want different styles of hats for Dawn to wear. I was planning to wait until Dawn 2.0 came out, but I suppose that if I'm only going to be making a prop hat anyway, I can model a hat for Dawn now and it should still work on 2.0 when she arrives. I do have one question though, should I model a hat WITH or Without hair on the head. That always throws me.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I don't doubt that a all. The only problem I have with it is that I want different styles of hats for Dawn to wear. I was planning to wait until Dawn 2.0 came out, but I suppose that if I'm only going to be making a prop hat anyway, I can model a hat for Dawn now and it should still work on 2.0 when she arrives. I do have one question though, should I model a hat WITH or Without hair on the head. That always throws me.
I would vote for without, so it has increased usability... though a seperate "Hat Hair" prop or series of styles to go under hats could be useful too. I just find when a prop is a hat with hair I find it much more limited in how/when it is used due to the pre-chosen hair style

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I prefer Hat Hair morphs/poses because it's less limiting than having the hair attached to the hat.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm with Kage and Miss B. I'd rather the hair have a hat morph like "Dawn's Mid Length Hair" has

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

Something like this?

View attachment 60123

Still not finished but this should give you an idea about this top fitting cleavage or lifted breast morphs.

Uberwork431.JPG

eclark1894

Visionary
I would vote for without, so it has increased usability... though a seperate "Hat Hair" prop or series of styles to go under hats could be useful too. I just find when a prop is a hat with hair I find it much more limited in how/when it is used due to the pre-chosen hair style
I took out the Heroine Hair, although I wonder if that will be made to fit Dawn 2. But it was making me go big with the hat size in order to cover all the hair. Nice thing though, like I said is that with it being a prop hat resizing for Dawn 2 won't be a problem. I like this. Think I'll go model some other styles in anticipation of Dawn 2.

1589539457235.png