• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here is the T shirt.
Fits well under the top shirt too.
Now for buttons on the long sleeve shirt.

Uberwork408.JPG

Uberwork409.JPG

Uberwork410.JPG

Uberwork411.JPG

Uberwork412.JPG

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a silly question, request... sorta. Is there a way to add to either the shirt or the tee enough mesh to make is that it looks like she's wearing a dress?

1589103335958.png
1589103381960.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Never mind. Probably be better to just make a separate one or one for Dusk that can morph to fit her.

Oh yeah, I can morph that geometry down a bit. I thought of that too after seeing lots of cool reference material similar to what you've shown. But I think it would be best to create a new bottom portion and add it in for such a thing. I'm told that it's not a matter of the shirt morphing to a dress that is the challenge, it's the rigging that needs to stay in a similar zone or area that needs to happen.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, when things go over the legs through a morph, the issue is not the morph, but the rigging becomes something else.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Wasn't planning on it for the initial shirt release. But it certainly could be done after. The release will have the buttoned up and an unbuttoned with t shirt and sleeves bunched up.

Later could be a good time to add in tucked left, right and all, and several button up stages, collar up, then perhaps your baggy morph or less form fitting.

It's challenge enough to get this product out to fit several body types and make available in 2 formats, as you're well aware.

Please consider making Dawn 2.0 to be an inexpensive or free base version that has few body morphs, sell your other morphs as additional content. You and other content creators could then only add the morphs for the base version of Dawn 2.0 into clothing. This will speed up production for Dawn 2.0 Content. If an outfit or clothing item does well in sales then sell the extra morphs to the clothing as an add on.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just as an aside, is there anyway you can convince Netherworks to upgrade his Hair Conversion system to include Dawn 2.0? Just thought I'd ask.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That would be great Earl, but Joe/Netherworks doesn't do Poser scripts anymore since he got a full time job at a studio that does full animated movies. Or at least I think they're all animated, not sure about that, but he's not hanging around here at HW anymore. Not sure if Chris, Lisa or Alisa can get in touch with him, but I'm not sure he'll have the time. I believe he now works in Maya, and hardly touches Poser anymore.

That said, I'm not sure how different Dawn 2.0's head size/shape will be from DawnSE's, so it's possible we'll be able to use it, with little or no adjustments.
FingersCrossed.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That said, I'm not sure how different Dawn 2.0's head size/shape will be from DawnSE's, so it's possible we'll be able to use it, with little or no adjustments. View attachment 60105

The problem would be on the conforming part, since the grouping is not the same. For instance, most conforming hair is conformed to "neck", which in DawnSE would be "neck2", and in Dawn2 would be just "neck". They have different bones and groupings, so chances are this would prevent proper conforming.

Maybe I could create a hair conversion plugin for Dawn2. I have a pretty good idea how to do it, where I could use the same magnets based method as Joseph did, followed by creating a new geometry, and a new rig to match the new skeleton.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since I don't know the technical stuff, this question might seem stupid, but couldn't HW do a clone of old Dawn for Dawn 2 so she could wear hair (and other stuff) without the need to convert? Isn't that how the new Genesis figures wear the older gen stuff (with some shoes being really the only problem I seam to have) and how current Dawn can wear Dusk stuff?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Since I don't know the technical stuff, this question might seem stupid, but couldn't HW do a clone of old Dawn for Dawn 2 so she could wear hair (and other stuff) without the need to convert? Isn't that how the new Genesis figures wear the older gen stuff (with some shoes being really the only problem I seam to have) and how current Dawn can wear Dusk stuff?

Unfortunately, I don't think it's that simple. A clone would only resolve the shape difference, but we are still dealing with grouping and skeleton differences when it comes to conforming. For instance, if the hair is meant to conform to "neck2" but Dawn2 doesn't have that, you may get unexpected results, like the hair sinking into the chest, and you cannot move it because it's conformed.