• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sleeve and cuff work, and some collar work too.

Uberwork385.JPG

Uberwork386.JPG

Uberwork387.JPG

Uberwork388.JPG

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking good, Chris! How do you handle the collar fold, so that we don't end up with inverted normals facing out? Double-faced?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking good, Chris! How do you handle the collar fold, so that we don't end up with inverted normals facing out? Double-faced?

The collar has 2 sides to it. It looks better for one. Also, this way it will support a morph for a turned up collar as well. Perhaps not added to this initial Dawn 2 shirt, but perhaps on a Dusk 2 shirt down the line. Just thinking ahead. Would like to be able to fit this to Dusk later on.

Uberwork390.JPG

Michele

Eager
She's looking great! I can't wait to get a chance to work with her. And I'm loving that shirt too. It'll be a fantastic addition to her wardrobe (and Dusk's too, eventually.) A shirt like that is really versatile and I'd use it a lot.

It had been a while since I visited this topic and so much going on. It's going to be hard to be patient. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, considering that you say this shirt will also eventually be for Dusk as well, a question pops into my mind. I know that buttons are usually reversed from a man's shirt, but are pockets on the opposite side as well? I've never really noticed before.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
You know, considering that you say this shirt will also eventually be for Dusk as well, a question pops into my mind. I know that buttons are usually reversed from a man's shirt, but are pockets on the opposite side as well? I've never really noticed before.

Pockets seem optional. Seen them on either side, both sides or none. We've discussed doing none for now, and if someone is desperate for a pocket then it can be added in a map.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Chris, the shirt is looking really nice. I was just wondering if it will be possible to use with dforce?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Pockets seem optional. Seen them on either side, both sides or none. We've discussed doing none for now, and if someone is desperate for a pocket then it can be added in a map.

But...you can't drop a pen or pair of glasses into a map.

How will this transfer to Dusk? The mesh seems to be modeled for the female breasts. I'm just asking, because I've never modeled clothing yet. To me, it looks like this will leave an undesired look to a male shirt.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I'm sure Chris will adjust it to fit Dusk. The man is a genius when it comes to things like that. He takes one base mesh and does wonders with it for various characters.

He probably has the original base mesh saved, and that's what he'll use to create one for Dusk.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
But...you can't drop a pen or pair of glasses into a map.

How will this transfer to Dusk? The mesh seems to be modeled for the female breasts. I'm just asking, because I've never modeled clothing yet. To me, it looks like this will leave an undesired look to a male shirt.

Dana

Yeah, I gotcha on the pen and glasses.

As to the shirt mesh. It should work fine for Dusk too still. After all the same mesh for Dawn is the same mesh for Dusk and the breast mesh can be reshaped for the Dusk chest just fine. I've done this before on shirts without issue. Trust me, I can be reshaped and work beautifully.