• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
It's always that way! You don't need to remember stupid stuff, but you do. You want to remember memorable stuff and your brain shuts off! LOL

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You may have already shown me what you have in mind for this, but I wonder if you could show me again what that would look like for you?
Well the cornea follows the sclera closely until the iris area then it bulges out, it really changes the way a reflection would present realistically.

This image shows the sectional anatomy of the eye. It is composed of three layers the sclera (white), the choroid (pink)and the retina (yellow). The vitreous humor (orange) is an aqueous solution that fills the space between the lens and the retina .
1587867326444.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well the cornea follows the sclera closely until the iris area then it bulges out, it really changes the way a reflection would present realistically.

This image shows the sectional anatomy of the eye. It is composed of three layers the sclera (white), the choroid (pink)and the retina (yellow). The vitreous humor (orange) is an aqueous solution that fills the space between the lens and the retina .
View attachment 59293

Sure. I'll add it to the remaining list.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It may not seem to make a difference front on, but I think it does more from the side.

These samples use the bulge morph @mininessie created for Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna and the House Cat, in her words "They are not perfect...but can help to achieve the effect.", I think they're pretty good but she doesn't have them for poser (which I have problems with getting a good reflection and think something like this would help immensely).

Dawn Cornea bulge.jpg
Dawn Cornea bulge side.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I had more luck getting better eye reflections in Poser by switching to PhysicalSurface material to shade the cornea.

FVerbaas

Motivated
And how about a Body Dress?

All of this is meant to be a help to our CAs for clothing development and further support.

View attachment 58876

View attachment 58877
Question: does it need to have this sharp fold under the breasts? Those are not really 'clothing like', and once this is 'burned' into the weightmaps it is is very difficult to iron this out again. In the Prefitter I used a 'tight sweater' form for all figures including Dawn but still there are issues with torso bending.

1587905545192.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Question: does it need to have this sharp fold under the breasts? Those are not really 'clothing like', and once this is 'burned' into the weightmaps it is is very difficult to iron this out again. In the Prefitter I used a 'tight sweater' form for all figures including Dawn but still there are issues with torso bending.

View attachment 59299

Good input. Thank you.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A question, (sorry if I miss it) , i am currently building up a collection for Dawn. Urban and Farmland collection for now. (Have a lot of fun with MD )
Will Dawn 2 have a very different shape and height? Would it be easy to adapt Dawns outfit's to Dawn 2 in MD and the modeler?

I believe you'll be just fine. She is the same height and shape is similar, just refinements and improvements. Smaller hands and feet, and subtle shaping changes to hips and other body parts that were much needed.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I believe you'll be just fine. She is the same height and shape is similar, just refinements and improvements. Smaller hands and feet, and subtle shaping changes to hips and other body parts that were much needed.

Sounds great. Thank you.