• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh, I've made a genital morph for her. I've made screen grabs available for those that have emailed me with interest, which has only been a few to date.

We just have made no decision on how to make that morph available to those interested. Do we add it to the default morphs, or something else?
if so few asked make it available for those who ask for it. simple. still looking forward to seeing what you did.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
This would be awesome; I'd pay for a separate fiber mesh brow utility.

One of my perennial frustrations is texture eyebrows limiting the use of hair prop colors (not just Dawn; other figures too.) I tried using LIE eyebrow options with Dawn SE but the results were mixed. Maybe because I was using older eyebrow brushes. The LIE brows would change shape with the face morphs, which meant that sometimes when I wanted thick brows I got skinny ones and vice versa.

I've been "borrowing" a set of G3F/G8F fiber mesh eyebrows that were a DAZ PA freebie by AprilYSH from a few years back and they mostly work, but take some fiddling to fit her face.

I have a fiber mesh set for Dusk (RedzStudio product) but they don't have a lot of shaping options.

So yeah...lobbying for fiber mesh brows. :)
When I got V2 DAZ released a package of different body textures for pale Asian, white african and tanned with and w/o pubic hair as well as with options for brows thickness and color, lash thickness and colors, the usual make-up options and even braces and none. It offered a wide range of texturing for V2 I used almost for every render for a long time. I have asked for the same carefully created and offered package for V3 and V4 and I guess for Dawn 2 now....WITH NO RESPONSE. If well created and well priced it will sell....I think, eliminating fibre brows.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
We just have made no decision on how to make that morph available to those interested. Do we add it to the default morphs, or something else?

Personally, I believe it should be part of the default morphs. I am saying this based on the backslash from when the original Dawn was released without it. My policy would be to avoid repeating the past. For those who don't like it, they are also free never to use the dial. I [personally] don't like obese morphs and I have never used the ones included with Dawn, but that's perfectly fine with me if they are there.

eclark1894

Visionary
Personally, I believe it should be part of the default morphs. I am saying this based on the backslash from when the original Dawn was released without it. My policy would be to avoid repeating the past. For those who don't like it, they are also free never to use the dial. I [personally] don't like obese morphs and I have never used the ones included with Dawn, but that's perfectly fine with me if they are there.
No says everyone HAS to use a morph, but it's both stupid and idiotic to complain because other people WANT to use it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Forgot, I needed to create the bottom seam.

Uberwork443.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris nice eye combos. I loved V2 selections out of the box. Turn off limits and I was rotating the eyes to almost vertical for a great elven/alien look like this image i duplicated the look for a portrait of my lovely niece-in-law I created for a competition in Photoshop!
Any way of dding something like that for add-on eye morphs for later? Correction: Actually the V2 morphs were even more vertical than this and I loved them!

Yes of course.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Loks nice Chris. But is it also possible creating either a morph to make the shirt fairly snuglly on top but loose and longer on bottom like wearing a man's t-shirt or as a kick aroud T for use with shorts? And same holds true for the collared shirt too. Love long tailed loose fitting mens-like shirts on females and for use in Poser there are really NONE I have found I like

Yeah I love where you're going with this.We like the men's shirt look too, and a bunch of other options on these shirts. But honestly for now we have to limit it due to just the work involved to get these in Poser and Studio and have them work well. Other added shaping morphs will have to wait for an add-on pack down the line. Sorry.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
TOTALLY AGREE with Ken here. Leaving out genital stuff from Dawn or Dusk was a real issue for many that wanted to support the figure back when they were first released, it's a turn off for many touting the whole "Barbie and Ken" thing. DAZ handled that differently, in order to get these options you had to buy a "Pro Pack" to get them so perhaps go that route.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Doesn't make sense to me to have a "pro" version of Dawn 2 just for a genital morph.

It might make more sense for Dusk 2, but I'd prefer genitals as a separate download rather than a higher priced "pro" version. Having to spend more to purchase an sorta kinda anatomically correctish figure is a turn off for people too. Certainly, it annoyed me greatly to have to spend more money to get an "anatomically correct" figure. But then ... I've only ever done a handful of nude renders of a male figure.

My females, whether clothed or not, pretty much always used the genital morph. Not that it made any difference to anyone but me, since even with nude renders, it wasn't obvious.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm just thinking of the general public and their willingness to support another figure, esp on the DS side of things. You have to get that honey bee situation figured out or loose potential customers. It's just that side of the business that's tricky. I know most of the folks already members of the hive could care less for the most part about genitals but the main masses that MIGHT show some interest might go to that place in their heads of "NOPE, not buying a Barbie or Ken, they are incomplete". PLUS if Dawn and Dusk 2.0 are released with a Value Stack and it's similar to what DAZ3D does it would read something like Buy this stack of yadda yadda yadda and get a free download of toast for Dawn and eventually that same model would work for Dusk as well.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm just thinking of the general public and their willingness to support another figure, esp on the DS side of things. You have to get that honey bee situation figured out or loose potential customers. It's just that side of the business that's tricky. I know most of the folks already members of the hive could care less for the most part about genitals but the main masses that MIGHT show some interest might go to that place in their heads of "NOPE, not buying a Barbie or Ken, they are incomplete". PLUS if Dawn and Dusk 2.0 are released with a Value Stack and it's similar to what DAZ3D does it would read something like Buy this stack of yadda yadda yadda and get a free download of toast for Dawn and eventually that same model would work for Dusk as well.
I just don't understand all the hubub. I use the genital fold when I do my work because it lends to a semblance or realism no differently than wanting a butt or genitals for the animals.....they are there in life and to render images I want that semblance of realism.
Adding it to the original or as offered as a ++ package not just for the genitals dials but a whole bunch of detail altering morphs to enrich the ueabilit of the figure for EVERYONE and not just the Barbie lovers, is not a problem....you don't like it don't spin the little dials to see it. PERIOD!.
I NEVER used Dawn or Dusk exactly because they not only offered gens for the figures but worse never allowed good third party content creator to create 3rd party options because of the mesh construct choices that were made.
V4 didn't offer much by way of detailed gens though it did have in the ++ pack a gen crease. The gen crease wasn't the only reason to pay for the ++Add-on package but a food way of getting ot out there. The nice thin tht was done was a mesh that allowed thoe third party vendors to actually create a more detailed offering. That is all that is asked.

As far as support from D/S users the lines are drawn and have been for some time. I NEVER crossed over for many different reasons and though sometimes regret it, especially seeing the great freaking content available now for D/S....content I have always wanted for Poser and my own work and by what I am seeing so far may never see offered for Poser. I wish Poser content creators created such great stuff over time and/or would start doing so even now. It seems so far it has dwindled. I doubt that D/S users will quickly navigate to figures other than those DAZ sells and markets by even adding them in the free downloads of the actual App.. With that said, in my simple minded opinion and frm my observations over the years I have been a Poser user and a shadow observer in the community, what should be concentrated on in marketing any new figure is support by way of additional functions such as morphs, character developments, accessories and textures.

I have seen figures with great potential, introduced with such excitement to the Poser community, die into obscurity (Antonia Polygon as one great example), because of lack of greater support. However, Antonia did in fact get a lot of interest and did get support from other content creators and yet still died! The support died and the interest died with it. Compare her support to V2, V3 and V4 and you see the massive content and support they got over Antonia and others and the case is made.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I just tried editig my post and the darn system prevented me from doing so. Frustrating going over my post to fix and detail my ideas and because of a too short time limit for doing so I was locked out. Is there any way of changing this annoying time limit and character cont limits in these forums and in the Private messaging section?