• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Rodrigo Preview and Render Thread

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You know, looking at what I just posted- it brings home one of the big reasons why the Hive is so so special- look at the level of collaboration on these products! There is no other place I could have completed this project.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks so much you all!

Yep Flint has been my no. 1 beta tester now for many years - I think since I did my old Pro Mil Horse textures back in 2009. She is just incredible, beyond detail oriented, so professional and pushes me hard, which I need sometimes:) She spends a LOT of hours testing. Take a bow, Flint! You deserve it!

Yes, definitely!

I am sorry he has taken so long to complete, but was a great learning experience for me for sure! And big thanks also to Chris, Lisa and Alisa too for all of their help and valuable advice while I was working on him. And thanks Ken for help on the python scripting!!!

You're so welcome - and he's worth the wait!! Granted, there are a lot of puddles of drool that are still around :)

You know, looking at what I just posted- it brings home one of the big reasons why the Hive is so so special- look at the level of collaboration on these products! There is no other place I could have completed this project.

Oh, I SO agree. And I was just thinking of it reading Sparky's suggestions to you about Whisper..not to mention so many WIP threads from people creating products where other product creators are answering questions and giving advice. HW is a family where the CAs support and help one another, too.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
In the cart for sure along with the add on morph pack! Great looking character that can be so many types of darker skinned males. Great work!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What, no fainting, Wolffie?

:p
You know Alisa, I would've expected him to be more excited now that Rodrigo's in the store. He has been just as enthusiastic about him as we ladies have been all along. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I believe I found an easier way to have JUST Rodrigo's (or any other of these CWRW characters) body to FIT CLOTHING.. that is if you want to just use Dusk's default body (or apply morphs manually as desired)... I applied Rodrigo inj/character, then went to the CWRW's dial sets...and dialed the BODY for that character to a MINUS... -1.000 for body, while retaining the 1.000 for head. :)

RodgrigoBodyDials.jpg

I'm working on a "test render" of my hot new guy now... getting to know him... Also this is the first time I've USED Dusk's HAIR MORPH to make use of Laurie's fantastic hair mapping! (Head-Full head- Short hair dialed to 1.000) :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Such a wonderful character, Laurie and beautiful renders! It's been such a pleasure watching him come together! Keep those renders coming! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Rodrigo.jpg

Love those blue eyes, Laurie!!!!!!!!! I just had to stop all other projects and do this 'pin up' to post here, and in my Rendo Gallery...
I love the hair, amazing!! (I did decide I liked the hair morph at about 450, instead of a full 1.000) NO POST at all too! well but for my normal blur the outline, slightly sharpen everything else...

Skinny jeans with Laurie's classic denim texture.... oh and Island Girl's pose slightly modified by me.

Now, the question is... CAN I go back to other projects....WILL he "let me"? hmmm :unsure:

PS sorry the image is SO large, but I just HAD to render him, um, in all his glory! :whistling:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PS... over in my Rendo gallery, I put him in the Pin Up category with a "custom advisory thumbnail" - that way you KNOW folks will click to see him! hahahhaa!!!

and I SAID.... and I really do mean it....

I really don't feel like this is MY creation... I mean all I did was pose him, and render him with my own Poser 2014's default (Fabiana Warm&Soul) lighting... HiveWire made Dusk and his jeans, Laurie (CWRW) created this character and texture for the jeans too, and Island Girl did the oh so sexy pose! Oh well I did create the "cast shadow"! LOL! (see my freeStuff thread, my photoshop action for creating a shadow is there).