• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Taka is now in QA. Here is another little preview! (Poser Firefly render with SAV's Spartucus Hair)

Laurie

TakaPreview2.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Excellent. And a good choice of hair, too. SAV does beautiful wigs, although some of them take forever to render.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know!!! Laurie has this talent for creating the yummiest guys I've ever seen in the Poserverse.

Now if she could just create a real life yummy guy like that . . . . ~drools excessively~

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Lol! Thanks all!

And Miss B- but that's what so great about digital guys- one can do whatever one wants to them and they have to behave. We can make them do anything we want and they can't do a darn thing about it ;-D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yeah I have the same issue in DS- hair renders are excruciatingly slow for me. While at least DS 4.8 is MUCH faster with 3Delight renders, Iray is an exercise in major patience when it comes to any hair. I think it took most of a night to run the Harry Iray render I did and it wasn't very large either. ( I opted to wait on downloading 4.9)

I am loving P11 espec for hair. That render was done at around 2000 pixels and at reasonably high render settings, with several lights with ray traced shadows. Took about 10-15 minutes maybe. And yeah I love SAV's hair as it so easy to make it work with Dusk.

Miss B

CV-BEE
And Miss B- but that's what so great about digital guys- one can do whatever one wants to them and they have to behave. We can make them do anything we want and they can't do a darn thing about it ;-D
Yeah, there is that. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The live ones all too often turn out to be jerks. Highly decorative jerks. But still jerks.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yeah I have the same issue in DS- hair renders are excruciatingly slow for me. While at least DS 4.8 is MUCH faster with 3Delight renders, Iray is an exercise in major patience when it comes to any hair. I think it took most of a night to run the Harry Iray render I did and it wasn't very large either. ( I opted to wait on downloading 4.9)

I am loving P11 espec for hair. That render was done at around 2000 pixels and at reasonably high render settings, with several lights with ray traced shadows. Took about 10-15 minutes maybe. And yeah I love SAV's hair as it so easy to make it work with Dusk.

I had a similar experience with iRay. I grew impatient when it renders transparencies like eyes and hair. It was really testing my patience. I have done a couple of promo images for the Jungle Weapons Pack last night with SuoerFly and it's FAST no matter what I threw on it, with or without transparency. The second image took 38 seconds at 600x800 using GPU. Iray takes that long just to start rendering, so if I need to adjust a material, it can get frustrating.

But I need to get another hair for the renders. It's difficult for me to work male characters. ;p

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I had a similar experience with iRay. I grew impatient when it renders transparencies like eyes and hair. It was really testing my patience. I have done a couple of promo images for the Jungle Weapons Pack last night with SuoerFly and it's FAST no matter what I threw on it, with or without transparency. The second image took 38 seconds at 600x800 using GPU. Iray takes that long just to start rendering, so if I need to adjust a material, it can get frustrating.

But I need to get another hair for the renders. It's difficult for me to work male characters. ;p

He actually looks pretty good too with the Mid Length Hair- I just use a lot of back all and twist all etc among other of the movement morphs to get a wild look to it. And def SAV's Yannis and Spartucus Hair look good on him:)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I know I don't have Spartacus, but I have her Yannis character, so I probably have the Yannis hair too.