• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Beautiful.
Question is the mane mesh and mesh morphs for harry or were add-on textures for mane used? Because I have never been able to get Harry's mane to look this great!

Everything is base Harry and the Friesian. I am experimenting with some new trans maps for the mane and tail here and those will be included in the free update for the Friesian.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Christmas in April? May? I'm so glad you're giving Harry the love he needs AND DESERVES. Now if I can ever get those displacement maps, we can do anything!

Working on some displacement maps but not happy at all with them yet:(

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So thoughts on what matching wings you all want...

These are the sets I am thinking of to start with (not necessarily in any particular order):

Set 1: (This one WILL be first...) Friesian, Unicorn, Dapple Grey, Arabian for sure

Set to match my Ultra Set 1
Set to match my Ultra Set
Set to match all my Appys
Whisper Set

So thoughts on what breed ones you all might want?
Thoroughbred
Quarter Horse
Draft
Shetland
Mustang

Various misc CWRW coat colors:
Liver Chestnut
Grullas

And even though the wings aren't made to work with the Big Cat, Deer and other HW animals, one can "fake it" pretty well with some futzing around (and a little postwork at times), so any interest in any of those?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

These are the sets I am thinking of to start with (not necessarily in any particular order):

Set 1: (This one WILL be first...) Friesian, Unicorn, Dapple Grey, Arabian for sure

Whisper Set

Thoroughbred
Quarter Horse
Draft
Shetland
Mustang

Liver Chestnut
Grullas

And even though the wings aren't made to work with the Big Cat, Deer and other HW animals, one can "fake it" pretty well with some futzing around (and a little postwork at times), so any interest in any of those?
The Grullas, Roans, Liver Chestnut, and Red Dunskins would be awesome for those sunset and cloud type backgrounds!
Ride The Lightning Roll Wth.jpg

dunskin71562 copy.jpg

Not sure if you can do opacity settings ?

Last edited:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist

Whisper Set

Thoroughbred
Quarter Horse
Draft
Shetland
Mustang

Liver Chestnut
Grullas

I'm kinda greedy actuallly, I want them all LOL

xyer0

Brilliant
Of course,... the wing model will be on sale with the texture release
Thanks so much!

Whisper Set

Thoroughbred
Quarter Horse
Draft
Shetland
Mustang

Liver Chestnut
Grullas

Your first set will cover my favourite textures. The Draft Horse is the breed I most desire.
Working on some displacement maps but not happy at all with them yet:(
Thank you for your efforts. Please don't surrender!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Grullas, Roans, Liver Chestnut, and Red Dunskins would be awesome for those sunset and cloud type backgrounds!

The Roans and Red Dunskin will be in the matching Ultra Set 2- I might throw the grullas in with that one too as they sort of belong there.

Not sure if you can do opacity settings ?

Do you mean translucency? I do have options for that- as well as it is easy to adjust that oneself depending on lighting used etc.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks so much!

Your first set will cover my favourite textures. The Draft Horse is the breed I most desire.

Thank you for your efforts. Please don't surrender!

Hmm.. might make sense to put the matching Draft textures in with the Ultra 1 matching set.

I haven't given up on the displacement maps, I just mess with them every now and then til I get too frustrated:)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I supposed you could control the whole translucent look to the wings when rendering using a grays scale transmap or just dialing the opacity setting. .......... sort of like ........ ghost wings! Love the Unicorn the cream colored one I did is Whisper's gold coat.!!........... But hmmm Makes me wonder what some geoshell shaders over them would look like in Daz studio kind of like I did with the deer. Sort of glittery ........ something to think about. Not sure I can duplicate it in Poser though.

xyer0

Brilliant
Gosh, that unicorn pegasus is glorious! And it looks like it won't wash out too easily with lighting.
Thanks for considering adding the Draft Horse to the initial release. And the mane and tail look better than anything I've ever been able to get without using your Mane 'N Tail products.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Gosh, that unicorn pegasus is glorious! And it looks like it won't wash out too easily with lighting.
Thanks for considering adding the Draft Horse to the initial release. And the mane and tail look better than anything I've ever been able to get without using your Mane 'N Tail products.

Thanks!! Just FYI for everyone- in DS I test to have everything working well with the default Sun Sky render settings in iray (as well as testing with a various range of other lighting situations) So while I do aim to not have him "wash out" there will likely be lighting scenarios that do. In Poser, I aim for the happiest medium I can find again using various lighting situations. I also test using Dawn and other HW figures and animals to see how they look together again in various lighting situations.

For myself/my own personal art, I do find sometimes I want to do minor adjusting of ANY product's MATs in particular lighting situations.:)